Help wiring subs and LFEs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35

I am in the final stages of setting up my theater and need some help with wiring.  The equipment I will be using are a pre-processor with 2 sub outputs (XLR), 2 15" subs, 8 ButtKicker LFEs, a two channel amp to power the 2 subs, 2 amps to power the LFEs (2 LFEs per channel, 4 channels total).

My question is, how do I split the two XLR sub outputs to feed 3 inputs each?  I was thinking each output would feed 1 sub and 2 LFE channels.  How many times can I split the XLR output without having issues?  Or do I need some sort of electronic splitter to maintain the signal level?  

One note - the reason I wanted the two subs on different outputs is so I could disable the LFEs and run Auddessey to configure the subs.

Any help trying to figure out how to configure all of this would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2013, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35

Is it possible to split each output once.  Output 1: Sub Input 1, LFE Input 1.   Output 2: Sub Input 2, LFE Input 2.  The 2 LFE channels (both on the same amp) could then be linked to the 2 channels on the second amp.  Would this work?

The 2 subs will be driven by a Crown XLS 2500.  The LFEs will be driven by 2 Crown XLS 1000.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page