I'm in the process of finishing my basement. One of the rooms will be a multi-purpose room (HT, card table, bar, pool table, etc.). Drywall will be going up in the next few weeks. REW or similar will be used to fine tune location and the AVR will likely be a Denon 4520 so Audyssey will be used once in place. That said, I'd like to get recommendations on starting locations for the sub positions. If the recommended starting points are far away from my existing cable drops I will make adjustments to the cabling before the drywall goes up. Relevant facts are below.
- The room is roughly 17' x 43' with 8' ceilings.
- The room is open to a ~130 square foot foyer that opens to a stairwell that opens to the upstairs (so yeah......pretty open)
- Each of the 43' walls has a soffit along its length that is roughly 18" tall and 24" wide.
- The HT area of the basement is roughly 13' x 17'.
- Seating position will be ~12' from speakers/TV.
- Subwoofers I'm considering are (SVS PB13-Ultra, PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive HP). I'll likely start with one and and a second at a later date.
I've attached a floor plan with markings for the HT area showing the current sub cable drops, seating position, and TV/LCR location. The rest of the room will be for the bar, card table, etc.
- What position would you recommend as a good starting location for the subs? REW or similar will be used to fine tune. I'll do the sub crawl too but would like the groups thoughts to get me started. Keep in mind I will likely start with one sub and add the second at a later date.
- Should I add/move the cable drops?
- Any thoughts on the subwoofer choices mentioned above? This is a really large room so part of me leans towards the PB13-Ultra but the Submersive is calling my name.
Thanks in advance for your input.