Paradigm PDR-W100 thoughts??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It all started off innocently enough... Last christmas I bought a lacklustre Samsung sound bar for the living room. It passed the WAF test since it fit nicely under the TV.

From there, I purchased a second wireless sub off Ebay for $40 because those little 2.5" drivers could produce anything below... I'm gonna say 200hz so the bass was very easy to pinpoint the location. The idea was that by having an additional sub, the bass would be less localized, and it worked well... but then that darn bug bit me...again...

Let's make it better!

So I opted for a pair of Paradigm Cinema 400 On-Wall speakers along with a budget receiver - Onkyo TN313 to replace the sound bar. They looked nice and passed the WAF.

But now I've hit a roadblock with the sub... Ultimately, I could go with a reference level sub but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the best value, and one of the most important aspects is wireless...

So I've tried the Paradigm PDR-80 in my listening area Paradigm Monitor Sub 10 (loaners from the AV shop near me). I prefer the sound of the Monitor 10 but am surprised with the output of the PDR-8. It wasn't as tight and clean as the sealed Monitor 10, but not too bad.

I'm not considering either of these subs since the PDR-8 is too small and the Monitor Sub 10 is too expensive for the setup... It was the two they had in stock for me to try. I'm debating between a PDR-W100 for $425 or a Monitor 8 for $525 + Another $150 for the Wireless kit.

So it's a $300 price difference.

The other challenge, once I start to consider the Monitor 8, I need to consider the SVS subs since they're awesome... But at that point I'm getting sucked into building another sound system in the home.

I should note that this is 100% for music. No movies, that's what the theatre is for.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2014, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

What did you end up getting?  I am looking at the PDR-W100, but am looking for feedback from someone who has one.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page