Rythmik Audio FV15HP Direct Servo subwoofer review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 107
^^
Should Longhorn try the subs with the room treatment next to the E15 removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 07-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post

Right, or more specifically it takes a 10 dB increase in output for the human ear to perceive it as being twice as loud. You actually do get a doubling of pressure amplitude with a 3 dB increase, but our ears are not linear to changes in air pressure, so it takes an increase in SPL of 10 dB (requiring ten times the power) for the average person to say "now it's about twice as loud."

Longhorn I'm glad you're enjoying the new sub.

Right you are bk---more accurately put than I. Was thinking twice as loud (perception), wrote double the output (measured).
post #33 of 41 Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Exclusively Servo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

^^
Should Longhorn try the subs with the room treatment next to the E15 removed?

That was my first recommendation. But no, due to aesthetical reasons. Those in the photo on the left hand side are to cover windows. So he needs to put some on the right hand side wall to balance out. So his future plan is to get another unit and place on the right hand (in the photo) of the front wall.
post #34 of 41 Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If it wouldn't be a pain I would have tried removing the panels. But that really would just be to satiate my curiosity. Because as Brian mentioned, for aesthetic reasons I would have ended up putting them back up.

The lesson for me is that the room has a big affect. As well as that 1 FV15HP positioned well works great for me for now.
post #35 of 41 Old 07-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn69 View Post

Here is a picture of my room. The "acoustical panel" on the back left (from this orientation) is a hidden door that opens to expose my gear, so I can't put a sub there. I had it in the back right corner from this vantage point. As you can see putting a sub along the back wall is not an option because of the closet door and the couch. The side walls would be problematic as well.

Congrats on the sub! Reading your review reminded me of when I brought home my Hsu VTF-15H last August. What a difference one of these bad boys makes! G44

Your room looks awesome!
post #36 of 41 Old 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys...taking a look at an FV15HP...room is 14'x44'x8'...about half of that is the family room (theater room), then a half wall and steps up to dining and kitchen area. So the question is...one or two? Would one underwhelm me? Ive currently got 2 Hsu 12's.
post #37 of 41 Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 107
^^ For most folks here, I would say two for your room size but try one first to see if that's enough for YOU. If not, you can always add one more later with the same discount from buying two now.
post #38 of 41 Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 2397
and I would add the FV15HP with the HSU's...simply replacing them with a single FV15HP would not be enough for that room.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #39 of 41 Old 11-24-2014, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cool

[QUOTE=Wonder if Brian would come to my house in Dallas to help measuring/setup? It is not the first time he came to his customer house and do that though.[/QUOTE]
I'm in Houston and wondering the same thing. Just ordered a full Mirage set up (OMD 28's, OMD C2, and OMD 5's in the rear) powered by a Denon X4000 - I'm considering the FV15HP for my set up.
post #40 of 41 Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 151
OP..........what other subs have you owned or heard in the past?

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

Main System: PSB X2T, PSB XC, PSB XB, Cambridge Audio Azur 751R, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S500
post #41 of 41 Old 01-01-2015, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Happy New Year folks.
I have two 15HP which used to rock my house . I just noticed that one of them is not giving any output . I have flipped the subs (heavy) and the problem persists.
So the issue is not with the cables or connectors etc. It is the sub. I see the green light at the back but no output at all. Has anyone experienced this before? I have contacted the company but wanted to quickly check if there is an easy solution. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Fv15hp Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page