Compatibility Question: Receiver & Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a Sony STR-DH130 receiver wired to a pair of Bose 201's. I want to add some more bass but am a bit confused on what types of subwoofers are compatible with my receiver. I was looking at the Yamaha YST-SW216BL subwoofer since it has good reviews, but want to make sure it will work. Id like to find out if it is a possible combination, and if so, how would I best go about connecting them? If it wont work, do you have any suggestions for a subwoofer in the $100-150 price range? Thanks in advance
-Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 AM

Liked: 30
Read this review for your receiver on amazon. A guy bought one and names the sub (Polk) and how he set it up using this sub. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B006U1VH2S/ROLCISQ8FAOB4?cursor=10&sort=rd
post #3 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I did find that review while researching, the only problem is that the sub he lists is $200 everywhere I look (even though he said his was $80). I was interested in the Yamaha because it seems to be one of the best in my price range. Do you think setup of the Yamaha would be similar to the setup he describes for the Polk?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemyster44 View Post

I did find that review while researching, the only problem is that the sub he lists is $200 everywhere I look (even though he said his was $80). I was interested in the Yamaha because it seems to be one of the best in my price range. Do you think setup of the Yamaha would be similar to the setup he describes for the Polk?

Ya the Yamaha has almost the identical setup. So either way you go you will be able to integrate it into your system smile.gif
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page