New JBL ES250PBK Sub Rattle (Video) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had this sub for about a week and it rattles pretty bad. I tried tightening the screws without any luck.

Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-XffSy-LLY

What is the issue? I haven't burned it in yet, maybe thats the issue? It gives off a bad smell after an hour or so of use.

If it is defective (which I believe it is), I'll return it to Amazon for a refund. What sub should I get? I seen a BIC and Polk for $200. I'm only listening to bass heavy music and want a lot of power while having tight, punchy bass.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-18-2013, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It sounds like the voice coil might be loose and slapping around in there.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1464
I would have Amazom swap it out...that sub is actually pretty good. I think its better than the other 2 you mention.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 AM

Liked: 11
I like this sub I have six my oldest one and most abused sub did the same thing after a couple years started smelling bad and making that same sound. bad burnt voice coil I replaced it with a better speaker a jbl gto 1214 this sub now is better than the others I have and fit good screw holes only very slightly off but since you are under thirty days return it to amazon.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

Liked: 15
Well for music this JBL is probably better than the Bic and Polk but I have the 10" version and it isn't the most musical sub. Perhaps you might consider the 10" lava sub instead? Its around $200 with the AVS discount.

-Ben
post #6 of 8 Old 01-19-2014, 01:01 AM

HI all,i was searching the net to find a solution for my problem and ran into this thread,i got a JBL ES250P this sub is awesome great sound for movies and music for the first day only:mad: cause the second day i went to my home theatre and fired up my onkyo receiver the sub came out from stand by mode for 2 minutes only then it made strange sound for about 10 sec and died totally nothing even the led lights went off till now!!tried to change the power source to my sub but nothing,tried to use y split cable and nothing happens the subwoofer have died suddenly after one day of use.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-21-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Paradise Man. If sub is under warranty, contact JBL.

If not, first connect an mp3- or dvd-player to the rca inputs of the sub. Turn down the volume first. If you do not get sound, then it is possible that the amp has died. You can also check the driver by connecting a 9-volt battery to the plus and minus terminals. If the cone moves then it is likely ok.

You can get a new plate amp from Parts Express. Check sizes to determine if one can easily be a drop-in replacement.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 PM

wwinkler,thanks for your help and reply,i returned it to the same shop i got it from and they replaced it,but i am realy worried about the second one also cause i have seen sooo many complains regarding this sub in amazon comment section for this product,i was thinking if getting another brand a better quality like svs or hsu research i will keep you updated if anything changes,for now keeping my finger crossed is the best i can do for this one,thanks again.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Jbl Es250pbk 12 Inch Subwoofer Black
Gear in this thread - Es250pbk by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page