how to choose speaker ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
when considering speaker which terms has to be consider? like ohm,impedance,frequency .....etc.actually iam looking for back ground and surround sound music/confused.gifcool.gif
other wise please suggest some good material available on online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand410 View Post

when considering speaker which terms has to be consider? like ohm,impedance,frequency .....etc.actually iam looking for back ground and surround sound music/confused.gifcool.gif
other wise please suggest some good material available on online.

Hi,
Let me preface my response by stating that I am not the most technically knowledgeable person. My criteria for selecting speakers is:
1. Establish my budget
2. Audition speakers at the store(s) where available. This of course is not the same as listening in your own environment, but will at least you some idea of the speaker's characteristics.
3. Most important, to me, is, if possible, audition the selected speakers at home, in your own listening environment. I realize this is not always possible, but I am fortunate in having access to a shop that is very customer oriented and if the item I am purchasing is in stock, I can take it home to audition.
4. The most important thing to me is not the specs, but how the speakers sound to me.

I realize that I may be simplifying the process, but not being a technical person, this works for me. I am sure other people can "chime in" with more technical methods.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page