Mono Price RCA Connectors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Anyone else think they lack a bit of quality? I ordered several in several different lengths and the connectors keep coming loose. I had to clamp down the outer ring on a couple so they would stay on the female jack, and now one seems to have a short in it at the tip.

Anyone else experience any issues?

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joshjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Anyone else think they lack a bit of quality? I ordered several in several different lengths and the connectors keep coming loose. I had to clamp down the outer ring on a couple so they would stay on the female jack, and now one seems to have a short in it at the tip.

Anyone else experience any issues?
I did have issues with mediabridge cables, got some and 2 didnt work right, but i did get some monoprice ones, but they were vary stiff, now i have BJC and they are nice.

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
Joshjp is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Hmmm now that you mention it they are stiff huh? I never noticed.

Are the BJC ones online?

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BllDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I just got 7 and all the ends were loose and just overall, the quality seems very poor. I have monoprice wire through my whole theater and home. This is the first time I've been disappointed in one of their products.

-




Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
BllDo is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
MemX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Have you emailed them to mention it?

They may have had a bad batch and might offer to replace them.
MemX is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
I always take a pair of pliers and crimp down the outer ring on the rca connectors so it is a snug fit. That being said my mono price coaxial cables are working great. As mentioned above email them, they might send you replacements.
basshead81 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I just got 7 and all the ends were loose and just overall, the quality seems very poor. I have monoprice wire through my whole theater and home. This is the first time I've been disappointed in one of their products.

+1 the only other issue I had were with their 1/4" to RCAx2 adaptors. Cheap plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemX View Post

Have you emailed them to mention it?

They may have had a bad batch and might offer to replace them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I always take a pair of pliers and crimp down the outer ring on the rca connectors so it is a snug fit. That being said my mono price coaxial cables are working great. As mentioned above email them, they might send you replacements.

I too crimped the ends like you. One of the tabs actually broke on a cable and I RMAd it as damaged. Crimping for a tight fit seemed odd to me....

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 08-23-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,435
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
I have had to do it on all rca or coaxial cable I have bought over the last couple years...I believe I have tried several brands as well.
basshead81 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joshjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Hmmm now that you mention it they are stiff huh? I never noticed.

Are the BJC ones online?
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
Joshjp is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off