Your Home Theater ULF Score - Page 110 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 256Likes

post #3271 of 3280 Old 05-24-2015, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Does the right show you signal level? indicating how much juice is left in the tank? If so looks like you're barely pushing it!
It is the input signal level into speclab, ie the mic signal level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3280 Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
I setup a Google account and tried google doc. I can upload the file and extract it but, no calculator shows up. Is there another way to get the calculator to work? I used the calculator file on the first page of the ULF thread. Thanks.
Sorry, you need to use google sheets, not docs.

Once in sheets, click on folder icon in the top right, click on upload tab, select the ULF calculator on your computer to upload, viola.
post #3273 of 3280 Old 05-24-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Google sheets does not seem to work either after trying to upload several times. No calculator appears. Thanks for the help but, this calculator does not seem to work on this computer.
post #3274 of 3280 Old 05-24-2015, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Google sheets does not seem to work either after trying to upload several times. No calculator appears. Thanks for the help but, this calculator does not seem to work on this computer.
Should have nothing to do with your computer...it's cloud based.

Try using a different browser like Chrome.

It should look like this in Sheets:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ULF Calculator - Google Sheets.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	734562  
post #3275 of 3280 Old 05-24-2015, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I have tried to open it using Firefox, IE and Chrome and no luck. Once the file is uploaded it has a box with the ULF calculator label and nothing opens up. I have tried clicking on anything that looks like a possibility to open it up. It really does not matter at this point since I can figure out the score without the calculator but, just can't post it . I am OK with not being able to get it to work. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
post #3276 of 3280 Old 05-25-2015, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have tried to open it using Firefox, IE and Chrome and no luck. Once the file is uploaded it has a box with the ULF calculator label and nothing opens up. I have tried clicking on anything that looks like a possibility to open it up. It really does not matter at this point since I can figure out the score without the calculator but, just can't post it . I am OK with not being able to get it to work. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
I can post your ULF card for you, no problem. Just want to get this to work for you, and potentially others who are having this problem.

Have you tried downloading a free spreadsheet program like openoffice.org?

This will avoid any browser problems you are experiencing.
post #3277 of 3280 Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Dom, I have Open Office and just tried the spreadsheet and that did not work. There may be something that I am overlooking in the computer system since I have never been able to get it to work. I am fairly good with computers and have never needed IT guys to repair any software or hardware problems on all the computers that I have owned. I can usually trouble shoot things pretty well but, this one is a bit of a workout.

I will keep trying because if others can get it to work I should also. I know it is impossible for you to do all the calculations for everyone on such a large forum and that was to reason to make the ULF calculator.
post #3278 of 3280 Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 622
I use Libre office and I have to open the software first and then open the ULF within it and then it works.
post #3279 of 3280 Old Today, 09:50 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1878 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
@dominguez1

Time to update my card. I've finally finished updating my HT room... again.

New placement for my subs, two more 18's and new bass management.

I still have eight HT18's sealed, dual-opposed, four enclosures. Two more of those same enclosures have four Sound Splinter RLp18's nearfield. This past weekend I built a riser and that houses another pair of RLp18's. That's a total of fourteen (14) 18" drivers.

It sounds alright.

Also, I repurposed six of the twelve JBL 2226's. I now bass manage two 15's per LCR at 80hz. The other two 15's (per LCR) are actually just working as "subs". No, they don't have the authority of the 18's but they do add a significant amount of punch to the 50hz and up area of bass and I like that. They operate full range still.

So to sum it up, I have fourteen 18's and six 15's doing 'subwoofer' output bass. Six of the 18's are nearfield with two of the six right under my butt.

Also, I took time to measure out my room and subtract all the space being taken up by all the structures in the room. I'm now closer to 1,950 sq ft. Lol, seriously not trying to cheat.

I did have some FR graphs but they change each time I take some and for whatever reason my last ones have a severely drooping lowend. First day I had this up I was flat to 7hz and now it's more like 15-20hz. *shrugs* I'll get a graph up as soon as I can.
dominguez1 and Luke Kamp like this.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #3280 of 3280 Old Today, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
@dominguez1

Time to update my card. I've finally finished updating my HT room... again.

New placement for my subs, two more 18's and new bass management.

I still have eight HT18's sealed, dual-opposed, four enclosures. Two more of those same enclosures have four Sound Splinter RLp18's nearfield. This past weekend I built a riser and that houses another pair of RLp18's. That's a total of fourteen (14) 18" drivers.

It sounds alright.

Also, I repurposed six of the twelve JBL 2226's. I now bass manage two 15's per LCR at 80hz. The other two 15's (per LCR) are actually just working as "subs". No, they don't have the authority of the 18's but they do add a significant amount of punch to the 50hz and up area of bass and I like that. They operate full range still.

So to sum it up, I have fourteen 18's and six 15's doing 'subwoofer' output bass. Six of the 18's are nearfield with two of the six right under my butt.

Also, I took time to measure out my room and subtract all the space being taken up by all the structures in the room. I'm now closer to 1,950 sq ft. Lol, seriously not trying to cheat.

I did have some FR graphs but they change each time I take some and for whatever reason my last ones have a severely drooping lowend. First day I had this up I was flat to 7hz and now it's more like 15-20hz. *shrugs* I'll get a graph up as soon as I can.
Damn! You went crazy with the nearfield....love that. That riser sounds awesome!(but it must feel even better)

Would love to experience that...

So from a ULF standpoint, 14 SIs would be a good estimate?

OH...

Pics or it didn't happen...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer