Your Home Theater ULF Score - Page 113 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 284Likes
post #3361 of 3369 Old 06-24-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Ok, just thought I'd update you guys on the VibSensor tutorial. I'm getting there. Ran into few roadblocks.

Excuse #1 . A weeklong family invasion and baby shower.

Excuse #2 . The theater being turned into a staging area for several home projects going on. Not COOL!

Excuse #3 . New sub build. I couldn't help myself. Lots of sneaking around when I was suppose to be helping with excuse 1 and 2. Lots of questions like why did it take 4 hours to cut out the new chair bottoms. Um? Because... Uh? I'm a perfectionist. Hey man, whatever works. It got done. The new near field sub is deployed and operational. Performance matched expectation and exceeded in some ways. 120db@5-6hz doesn't suck.

The build thread of the new sub system will come later so I can get the VibSensor done. For something so simple its truly mind boggling how technical and in-depth the study of vibration and PSD and its relation to FFT is. You could easily spend 4-5 years in college and a lifetime studying and experimenting with this. The applications are staggering. I can tell you this, VibSensor is a first cousin to SpecLab. Ones 2D and the other 3D. Its been a lot of fun playing with the accelerometer with taking a variety of real world measurements. The problem with using the VibSensor is it assumes were at a certain level of study or already know basic engineering of vibrational and PSD. We don't or at least I don't so I have to start from scratch and explain to a small degree the basics, for instance what the graph elements mean. Anyway, this at least shares priority now, so it'll be done and ready to post in the coming weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 268
post #3363 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post
I think I put in 3x 21SW152's for the JBL's but I forgot honestly. Three UM 15's would be close in displacement so that works too. I didn't even see UM15's on the list. Either way, close enough.

Watched Lone Survivor this weekend and the whole system sounded great but bass was pretty good too. The Chinook drop off sequence was something else with this subwoofer riser. You guys that can get away with a 10" tall riser should try it. Two 18's is plenty. Wow!
Congrats on your 5hz ULF Card...

We have the same size room, and I have roughly 8 SIs in my room when you convert my subs. I can't imagine having 19 SIs in my room...absolutely insane! That must be a hell of a ride.

I just love that sub riser of yours. Does it wobble your seat for the 10hz and below stuff?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ULF Card 5Hz - Scott Simonian.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	800442  
Scott Simonian and coolrda like this.
post #3364 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Darn, I still can't get the ULF card to work. Next week I will have access to a different computer and I will try it on that.
post #3365 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Ok...here's the first go on these:

PSA V3600: Added 6db from XV30SE, and then extended to 12.5hz. I used 12db down from 16hz similar to the Cap1400 difference between 12.5hz and 16hz.

DSS Marianna 24: I compared the XXX on db (small box), versus the estimate for the XXX in an optimal box. At 20hz, it was only a 1db difference. At 16hz, 3db, and at 12.5 and 10hz, 4db difference. These seems to make sense as the small box starts to hamper efficiency and gets more power hungry down low.

Marianna 18: Sames as HST18

Cap2400 17.5hz tune: Up 2db from Cap1400

Thoughts?
Going once....twice...

How many cubes is the Marianna 24?

Does anyone know what the optimal cubes for the RE XXX 18in driver (.707 Qtc)?
post #3366 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Dom, I used the optimal box size for the REXXX when I posted it.
post #3367 of 3369 Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Dom, I used the optimal box size for the REXXX when I posted it.
Yes, but what was the size in cubic feet?
post #3368 of 3369 Unread Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 652
25 cubes!

Yamaha RX-A2030
speakers- 9 Behringer B215XL's
subs- SI 18ht x12 IB powered by Sanway FP14K.
post #3369 of 3369 Unread Today, 09:02 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2057 Post(s)
Liked: 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Congrats on your 5hz ULF Card...

We have the same size room, and I have roughly 8 SIs in my room when you convert my subs. I can't imagine having 19 SIs in my room...absolutely insane! That must be a hell of a ride.

I just love that sub riser of yours. Does it wobble your seat for the 10hz and below stuff?
Sweet! Thanks. Yeah, it sure does. I had mentioned a page back that the Chinook drop off sequence in Lone Survivor really rocked the couch! Felt like kitty on a woofah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
25 cubes!
Yep. Sounds about right.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page