Your Home Theater ULF Score - Page 126 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 352Likes
post #3751 of 3754 Old Today, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
Anyway, if you what to give me your Full Marty, with the details mentioned above Derrick, I'll run them.
Can you run a sim of the full marty? I'll add to the calculator.

Interesting to see how much savings you can achieve from diy ported vs some of the popular ID brands...similar performance to boot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3754 Old Today, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Can you run a sim of the full marty? I'll add to the calculator.

Interesting to see how much savings you can achieve from diy ported vs some of the popular ID brands...similar performance to boot!
Here's the Full Marty using Derrick's specs. Red is not filtered. Blue is a typical 2nd order HPF. 12db/oct@16hz. When you compare it to max spl graph below you'll see that MAX SPL offers a slight db gain compared to the filtered one. The filtered one may be the more appropriate number to use, then again us DIYer's run on the ragged edge at times.

post #3753 of 3754 Old Today, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I forgot to mention WinISD uses 1M instead of 2M for distance so adjust accordingly.
post #3754 of 3754 Unread Today, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
I forgot to mention WinISD uses 1M instead of 2M for distance so adjust accordingly.
Thanks for doing the sim. I have tested the full Marty and Mini with the vented partially stuffed as mentioned. The subs behave well demo'ing WOW, OHF, Tron Legacy, and a few more. I have not touched Edge of Tomorrow and will use extreme caution on that one, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page