96Likes

post #2491 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Not sure if it's my phone, but it makes your LMS-U's look oval?

How do you move that box? Has to weigh at least 400lbs. Could you have made it any smaller...lol. Looks like the dricers are touching each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I used a Canon 24mm lens, it distorts the image quite a bit. And the boxes are all separate for each driver, plus the height of each box only leaves 3mm each side of the outer ring on the LMS basket, so they look like they are touching in the pic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

Last edited by JapanDave; 09-27-2014 at 06:21 AM.
post #2493 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Ok;
In my basement HT I have IB line array 4 x 15" AE15 drivers, plus 2 SI sealed subs, 18" and 15", inputting them into the sheet gave the below.
(I could not find a 15" SI, so "cheated"and said I had 2 18")

fwiw they are located like this in my room
Love the diagram of your setup...nice work! Great HT too!

Instead of the 18 SI, I'd probably just pick a comparable 15in driver in the sheet. Is the 15in SI a popular driver? If so, I will try and estimate it.

post #2494 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Here is my response with an 85 dBs sweep using the Yamaha receiver and NanoAVR. No EQ on the subs.

This is awesome MK...wow, can't believe there's no EQ there!

Quote:
Here is my score

Am I seeing that correctly? Your 10hz ULF score is 30???

What did you end up tuning your 12 SIs up front too? Can you post a sim? I can calculate your 5hz score...that should put you in the teens from a ULF score standpoint?

post #2495 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Update to my system... one more sub added for a total of 4.

All four are within 9' of MLP, with 2 flanking the couch (one doubles as an end table).

Nearfield and suspended floor? Nice combo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict View Post
Here's my current weak sauce score.

Attachment 279609
Ha! Weak sauce my a**! @laugsbach ;told me about when you demo'd your system to him...more like ghost pepper sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
My Score.

Thanks for sharing Ted. I've had the 3-3.5 ULF score before and that is a very capable system for normal listening. Your small room certainly helps.

Any plans on adding another? That should really take you up a notch in both smoothing your response and output. Should get you to reference output down to 16hz or so.

post #2496 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Ha! Weak sauce my a**! @laugsbach ;told me about when you demo'd your system to him...more like ghost pepper sauce.
Wrong bass addict...

beastaudio was the awesome host of my demo earlier this year...
post #2497 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
Wrong bass addict...

Ugh...too many bass/beasts handles out there to keep straight...

post #2498 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'd like to add the PB2000/SB2000 to the Estimated list.

I believe I read somewhere that it was 2.5db up over the PB12NSD/SB12NSD.

Thoughts? Does that sound about right?

post #2499 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
Wrong bass addict...

I was wondering if I had an out of body experience and did some demoing that I didn't know about.

Quote:
Ugh...too many bass/beasts handles out there to keep straight...
LOL. I know the feeling. There are a few guys on here I am constantly mixing up.

Here's a frequency sweep from 50 down, no smoothing.

dominguez1 and JapanDave like this.

Achievement Unlocked

Psychotic Episode Averted

Last edited by bass addict; 09-27-2014 at 08:44 AM.
post #2500 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Dom,
I added the 5 hz in there, just too small! The 5 hz is 30 and 10 hz is 61. 81 above that.
post #2501 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Thanks for sharing Ted. I've had the 3-3.5 ULF score before and that is a very capable system for normal listening. Your small room certainly helps.

Any plans on adding another? That should really take you up a notch in both smoothing your response and output. Should get you to reference output down to 16hz or so.
Another PB-1000 isn't completely out of question, but if I get one it wont be anytime soon. I had a PSW505 but wanted something more accurate for music was going for an SB-1000 but upon realizing the 505 had nothing under 35hz I went for the PB to get both better accuracy and some actual extension. My room gains starting at around 40hz and down, fairly flat aside from the lower range boost which is nice.

Last edited by Ted Sheckler; 09-27-2014 at 10:44 AM.
post #2502 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dom,
I added the 5 hz in there, just too small! The 5 hz is 30 and 10 hz is 61. 81 above that.
Need...more...info...

Tune, sim, and pics please!

post #2503 of 2511 Old 09-27-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was wondering if I had an out of body experience and did some demoing that I didn't know about.

LOL. I know the feeling. There are a few guys on here I am constantly mixing up.

That's a really smooth unsmoothed response! Good enough for the 5hz club in the next update.

post #2504 of 2511 Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Love the diagram of your setup...nice work! Great HT too!

Instead of the 18 SI, I'd probably just pick a comparable 15in driver in the sheet. Is the 15in SI a popular driver? If so, I will try and estimate it.
Thx, that colored sketch evolved over years as I added "stuff", someday I'll make a 3D HT model....maybe
Well Nick (Stereo Integrity) sold a lot of them 2011/2012, both 15"s and 18"s, then he got out of of the 15"s but kept the 18"s, so I'd say don't estimate it and I'll pick another 15" and re-submit my ULF card.

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

post #2505 of 2511 Old 09-28-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Ok;
I re-did mine choosing a similar 15" sealed cab, numbers came down slightly like expected

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

post #2506 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Wow, now that is a graph!

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

post #2507 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 02:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

How much EQ is involved? He should start the sweep at 2hz so we can see below 5hz. I like to see signal chain roll off as we all have it at some point. I would like to know which gear can do what.
post #2508 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave View Post
Wow, now that is a graph!
Thank you sir. I honestly had to re run it about five different times as I didn't believe the reading. I lucked out with some nice room gain. Before I added the additional two subs in the rear I didn't have near that much gain but I was running SMS1 EQ's and I really think I was still having phase/delay issues. After messing with the delay on my 4x10 the low end improved significantly. That graph is with a 3 or 4db shelf starting at 30hz. Even without the shelf the curve is the same, just levels out more instead of rises. I have enough headroom, and love the low stuff, that I left the shelf filter in it. Other than the shelf I only had to nip and tuck a couple minor areas (more OCD than anything) to get where I'm currently at. Now if I can only get my mains dialed in I'll be happy.

The back row matches that curve exactly, except for an unfortunate nasty dip around 60hz that I'm fighting.

Achievement Unlocked

post #2509 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How much EQ is involved? He should start the sweep at 2hz so we can see below 5hz. I like to see signal chain roll off as we all have it at some point. I would like to know which gear can do what.
I just saw your post.

I can run a sweep down to 2. Honestly, I've never run one below 5 as I was happy with those numbers. I never cared about 2 hz so I didn't bother sweeping that low. There's going to be roll off obviously.

As I mentioned in the other post, I have a 3-4db shelf added in at 30hz. There is no other boosting anywhere, and only 1 or 2 minor cuts (1-2db)

Achievement Unlocked

post #2510 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I understand, you just see the signal start above 5 hz. I like to see roll off without EQ so I can gather a database of what equipment rolls off where. So far my two cheapest receievers had the best low end! Others are not too far off and only measurements can tell them apart but still intriguing to me. Can you post what processor and amp you are using? My last graph was a clone with a yamaha RX-v675. I have more to post and only the bass frequencies.
post #2511 of 2511 Old 09-29-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Here you go bud. Here's a sweep at 2hz from multiple views. My -3db point is 4hz, where it disappears after that. My signal chain is:

Yamaha A5000 - Mini DSP 4x10 - EP4000's and Inuke 3000

I doubled checked my eq settings and I have a shelf on all subs at 30hz boosting 2.5 with a q of 2. Only other EQ settings are just a couple minor cuts here and there to smooth out multi seat response. I could literally yank the eq out if it weren't for the need to adjust delay to account for multiple seats.

I do need to add some boost at 70hz as when I crossover to my mains (not running during this sweep), I have a few db dip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 hz to 80 hz all subs active.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	286954

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hz to 15hz all subs active.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	286962

Achievement Unlocked

Last edited by bass addict; 09-29-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page