Your Home Theater ULF Score - Page 92 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 141Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #2731 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,656
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
So last night I took my new Reaction Audio CX-15's over to a local forum members place so that he could audition them, he has dual Mirage BPS-400 sealed dual opposed subs in his room on a suspended floor. Not keep in mind these subs basically don't really do anything below 20hz and actually roll off pretty fast as 30hz. But holy crap I wish I had a suspended floor!!!!....LOL


Now I understand what guys are talking about, I mean with my four monster ported subs you could get tactical feel from them but you would need to have them at some pretty insane levels. Then they would shake everything in the room. But I was amazed at how easily you could get tactical feeling and at such low levels. Makes me wish I could build my dream theatre room on a suspended floor!
Archaea likes this.
jbrown15 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2732 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
So last night I took my new Reaction Audio CX-15's over to a local forum members place so that he could audition them, he has dual Mirage BPS-400 sealed dual opposed subs in his room on a suspended floor. Not keep in mind these subs basically don't really do anything below 20hz and actually roll off pretty fast as 30hz. But holy crap I wish I had a suspended floor!!!!....LOL


Now I understand what guys are talking about, I mean with my four monster ported subs you could get tactical feel from them but you would need to have them at some pretty insane levels. Then they would shake everything in the room. But I was amazed at how easily you could get tactical feeling and at such low levels. Makes me wish I could build my dream theatre room on a suspended floor!
Can't you just build a platform to put your seating on? I assumed the bass would shake the platform much like it would a suspended floor. My house was built in 1928, and I have wood floors. Everything shakes and rumbles. I'll have to give that vibration app a whirl one of these days.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #2733 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
It still will not be the same with a platform. Last night I went up stairs and notice much more vibration/shake with the furniture due to the suspended wood flooring. If I could put my subs upstairs, I think I could tear up the the rooms, lol.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2734 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Member
 
trmoore2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Co-axial to RCA connection problem

Hey guys,
I have two coax cables running to my subwoofer from an AV Rack. I terminated the cable with RCA compression fittings. It seems I properly connecting the fittings (peeling back the shielding, etc.). Both cables either don't work or only work intermittently. It's not the sub, as I just replaced with a new sub. Any thoughts?! Thanks in advance.
trmoore2 is offline  
post #2735 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,656
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Can't you just build a platform to put your seating on? I assumed the bass would shake the platform much like it would a suspended floor. My house was built in 1928, and I have wood floors. Everything shakes and rumbles. I'll have to give that vibration app a whirl one of these days.
Wouldn't be the same and no in my room that wouldn't work out to well, plus the ceiling height in my HT room is only 7'10" high.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #2736 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wouldn't be the same and no in my room that wouldn't work out to well, plus the ceiling height in my HT room is only 7'10" high.
Hmm, wonder if 2x2's for a base with plywood would help and maintain most of your ceiling height? You would only lose 2-3". Just a thought.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #2737 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Can't you just build a platform to put your seating on? I assumed the bass would shake the platform much like it would a suspended floor. My house was built in 1928, and I have wood floors. Everything shakes and rumbles. I'll have to give that vibration app a whirl one of these days.
This is why many of us with carpet over concrete build platforms built to flex and use transducers of some sort (I use BKs). It is a night/day difference in floor movement sensation vs just having seating on the carpet over concrete and might be THE best single upgrade I have ever done to my HT for audio or video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wouldn't be the same and no in my room that wouldn't work out to well, plus the ceiling height in my HT room is only 7'10" high.
My platform doesn't sit more than 3" off the ground with the kinetic rubber isolator feet. Even if you needed some 2x4s for more support (I did not even need to do this with my single couch), it wouldn't add much height and be well worth it!

I just need to figure out some sort of EQ that will allow me to reduce below ~15hz to keep my BKs from bottoming on those BIG ULF hits. I don't want to just turn down the overall level as I like my above 20hz right where it's at, so I just need to get some sort of simple (hopefully) EQ to reduce below 15 hz or so a bit.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP

Last edited by Toe; 11-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Toe is offline  
post #2738 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,656
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Hmm, wonder if 2x2's for a base with plywood would help and maintain most of your ceiling height? You would only lose 2-3". Just a thought.

I think part of it would have to do with the subs being coupled to the same floor your seats are on. I say that because my rear riser doesn't really feel any different then my front row. Plus that's not really a "suspended" floor, which is partly some of the effect.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #2739 of 2755 Old 11-22-2014, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I have wondered if the Isolator for the furniture feet wood make a difference. Transducers are the easy answer with the HT in the basement. You would have to buy 3or 4 subs to do the same thing.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2740 of 2755 Old 11-23-2014, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,913
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
derrickdj1 recently connected 4 Aura Pro tranducers to his main LP. He then measured the amount of Vibration produced with the Vibration Meter app (Android) starting from 10hz to 50hz. His main volume was at -5.

Here is the Vibration Meter scale (left Roman Numerals):



Here is derrickdj1's 4 aura's response (subs off)



Subjectively, 3 is somewhat noticeable on this scale, and 4 is definitely noticeable. Once in the 5 and above range, it starts to get pretty silly (e.g. feels like your couch is possessed!).

According to his results, he starts getting significant shake from these Aura's at 13hz! It continues on and peaks at 16hz to 40hz. That's actually pretty incredible! Perhaps it's because you have all 4 hooked up at your MLP?

derrickdj1, did you calibrate this as instructed below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Make sure your phone does not have a case and is on a flat surface. Run the app and tap just right below the graph so it does not reset the meter. The tap should be just a normal tap; not too hard and not to soft. When I do this, I typically register from .75 to 1.25 on the scale. Adjust your calibration so that when you tap, it is generally in that range. Hopefully that will sort of calibrate our systems and you can remeasure
@derrickdj1 , did you calibrate your android for the test?

4 of these runs $160. It would be interesting to see how some of the more expensive transducers around this price range compare: 2 buttkicker minis or Clark synthesis silver...
dominguez1 is offline  
post #2741 of 2755 Old 11-23-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Yes, the meter was calibrated as instructed. I have six of the transducers evenly spaced in the large sectional couch. The graph shows a dip at 23 Hz which is an area that the subs need a slight boost. This looks like a mean vibration score? I should also mention that the sectional is wood frame. The shakers are ran off a Berhinger I Nuke 3000 DSP amp.

It would have been interesting to see the sub FR graph included with the vibration meter results. I can say that in a movie the transducers dominate the tactile feel since it is a direct effect.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500

Last edited by derrickdj1; 11-23-2014 at 01:08 PM.
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2742 of 2755 Old 11-23-2014, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,913
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I'll try and overlay your Sub FR.

So, how many transducers were attached to your main LP section? 4?
dominguez1 is offline  
post #2743 of 2755 Old 11-23-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 14,801
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 528
I have 6 of those transducers but I don't use them anymore.
MKtheater is online now  
post #2744 of 2755 Old 11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
The way the transducers are spaced, maybe 1 1/2.. The MLP was not given special consideration over the other seats since I want everyone to have a similar experience. The middle and the ends of the sectional are all pretty equal. The shakers are a little over a foot apart from each other. I think the same principles apply to these as subs. There may be some room gain involved. The type of furniture that they are hooked up to has a lot to do with how well they work. I am not sure if the sectional was a heavy steel framed unit the effects would be the same.

Maybe someone can critique my FR of the subs, lol.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500

Last edited by derrickdj1; 11-23-2014 at 04:42 PM.
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2745 of 2755 Old 11-25-2014, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,913
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
The way the transducers are spaced, maybe 1 1/2.. The MLP was not given special consideration over the other seats since I want everyone to have a similar experience. The middle and the ends of the sectional are all pretty equal. The shakers are a little over a foot apart from each other. I think the same principles apply to these as subs. There may be some room gain involved. The type of furniture that they are hooked up to has a lot to do with how well they work. I am not sure if the sectional was a heavy steel framed unit the effects would be the same.

Maybe someone can critique my FR of the subs, lol.
So only 1.5 transducers produced those results? That's is VERY impressive considering these are $40 a pop! I wonder if they've changed the Aura recently? I know others such as @popalock , @Archaea , and @laugsbach were not that impressed with them. I demo'd these at laugsbach system a while back and remember they did not have any ULF response. Something must have changed?

How many sections are there do your couch? Trying to understand how you can have 1.5 transducers attached to your main LP. Perhaps a better question is, how many transducers do you have connected to that section where your main LP is located?
dominguez1 is offline  
post #2746 of 2755 Old 11-25-2014, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,913
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
This is why many of us with carpet over concrete build platforms built to flex and use transducers of some sort (I use BKs). It is a night/day difference in floor movement sensation vs just having seating on the carpet over concrete and might be THE best single upgrade I have ever done to my HT for audio or video.
This is the key to building risers if you want tactile feedback. Intuitively, most build these like tanks to support weight...unfortunately, this is the opposite way to construct the riser if your goal is flex and vibration.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I just need to figure out some sort of EQ that will allow me to reduce below ~15hz to keep my BKs from bottoming on those BIG ULF hits. I don't want to just turn down the overall level as I like my above 20hz right where it's at, so I just need to get some sort of simple (hopefully) EQ to reduce below 15 hz or so a bit.
What amp are you using to drive it? The inuke DSP would be a great solution, or the minidsp.
dominguez1 is offline  
post #2747 of 2755 Old 11-25-2014, 07:41 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,354
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
This is the key to building risers if you want tactile feedback. Intuitively, most build these like tanks to support weight...unfortunately, this is the opposite way to construct the riser if your goal is flex and vibration.



What amp are you using to drive it? The inuke DSP would be a great solution, or the minidsp.
So true. When I built my platform I was talking with Marvin from Buttkicker and he advised me to only make the platform as stable as needed to maximize flex and tactile sensation. I didn't even need to use 2x4s for my small couch and this platform has excellent flex.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually have been researching this the past few nights and have decided on a Mini DSP. I am using a Buttkicker amp which has been excellent otherwise, so was hoping to just add a simple EQ in the chain and the Mini looks to be a perfect solution. I was also considering the ART 351 EQ, but the Mini looks to be better in every way and they are basically the same price.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is offline  
post #2748 of 2755 Old 11-25-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
So only 1.5 transducers produced those results? That's is VERY impressive considering these are $40 a pop! I wonder if they've changed the Aura recently? I know others such as @popalock , @Archaea , and @laugsbach were not that impressed with them. I demo'd these at laugsbach system a while back and remember they did not have any ULF response. Something must have changed?

How many sections are there do your couch? Trying to understand how you can have 1.5 transducers attached to your main LP. Perhaps a better question is, how many transducers do you have connected to that section where your main LP is located?
The Transducers are mounted to 3 large board so, trying to state how many per seat is not an entirely
correct way to view this application. The large board do a better job of transmitting the shakers energy to the sectional. As far as I know, these shakers have not changed recently. This is my first experience with any shakers except at the theater. These are definetly not Buttkickers or the better Clark transducers. But, these do the job for me and compliment the strong wooferage in the room, lol.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500

Last edited by derrickdj1; 11-25-2014 at 11:51 PM.
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2749 of 2755 Old 11-25-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
notnyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4,700
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
So last night I took my new Reaction Audio CX-15's over to a local forum members place so that he could audition them, he has dual Mirage BPS-400 sealed dual opposed subs in his room on a suspended floor. Not keep in mind these subs basically don't really do anything below 20hz and actually roll off pretty fast as 30hz. But holy crap I wish I had a suspended floor!!!!....LOL


Now I understand what guys are talking about, I mean with my four monster ported subs you could get tactical feel from them but you would need to have them at some pretty insane levels. Then they would shake everything in the room. But I was amazed at how easily you could get tactical feeling and at such low levels. Makes me wish I could build my dream theatre room on a suspended floor!
Lol why do you think I'm using Crowsons even with the massive amount of output I have. Between the switch to ported, and adding the Crowsons, tactile feedback issues are no more
notnyt is online now  
post #2750 of 2755 Old 11-26-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,867
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post
Lol why do you think I'm using Crowsons even with the massive amount of output I have. Between the switch to ported, and adding the Crowsons, tactile feedback issues are no more

This is the only advantage there is in having my theater on the second floor. The tactical feeling is amazing and it feels like there is an earthquake going on. Other than that, I wish we had basements in Houston because I would love to have my theater down in the basement for sure!

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #2751 of 2755 Old 12-07-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,512
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 358
I see there are notes about near field subs. Two of my 4 triaxs are up against my MLP couch.
raynist is offline  
post #2752 of 2755 Old 12-08-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,758
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
This is the only advantage there is in having my theater on the second floor. The tactical feeling is amazing and it feels like there is an earthquake going on. Other than that, I wish we had basements in Houston because I would love to have my theater down in the basement for sure!
+1 for suspended floors.

Just a single SVS SB12 sub can send ripples through my living room floor, and those subs roll off hard at 20Hz.

 


PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Spanglo is online now  
post #2753 of 2755 Unread Yesterday, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
It would be interesting to see what others thought of their system with transducers on only and then subs on only and which would win in the tactile department and any differences noted. Then turn the system on with both subs and transducer for a comparison.

I tried this last night and wonder if my results are typical of other peoples results?

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
derrickdj1 is online now  
post #2754 of 2755 Unread Yesterday, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,867
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post
It would be interesting to see what others thought of their system with transducers on only and then subs on only and which would win in the tactile department and any differences noted. Then turn the system on with both subs and transducer for a comparison.

I tried this last night and wonder if my results are typical of other peoples results?

What did you end of concluding from your experiment?

I think that having a theater on the second floor would be hard for the transducers to beat nearfield subs. That is just a guess because I do not have transducers.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #2755 of 2755 Unread Yesterday, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derrickdj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I am in a basement concrete bunker, lol. The room is large so, the room is tactilely challenged. Only one of the subs is nearfield. Transducers on has a great feel and the seat vibration is more noticeable compared to subs only on. Subs only on, the vibration of my shirt and cloths near my neck is more noticeable. Both feel great. With both on I think I focus more on what the transducers are doing.

The subs gives that funny feeling in the chest and throat. They also can blur the power console. That means my eyeball are at the same resonance frequency of a strong bass wave, lol.

I was watching Olympus Has Fallen and when the jets fly by, it feels as if the back of the sectional is close to being ripped off. I have the feeling with transducer that I am isolated to is just going on at the one seat Combined, sub and transducer equal a good combo. I get the seat vibrations from the transducer and the upper body tactile from the subs.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Aura Bass shakers, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500

Last edited by derrickdj1; Yesterday at 11:57 PM.
derrickdj1 is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off