Old 12-26-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman View Post
Although the peavey is very powerful, it leaves alot on the table for the othorns. Even a clone amp and the sp2-12k running in stereo wasn't enough for me.

It depends on setup, if you have a 4 ohm load the clone in bridged mode will blow up the driver. Matching impedance and power is key for proper setup. Some say the new sanways are 2 ohm stable but we need some testing for sure before we go nuts. I am running 8 SI 18's off of one channel in 2 ohm load and the other 4 off the other channel with a 4 ohm load. The key is design and how many real watts at what load is actually needed.

AVR-Yamaha A830
amps-5 Adcom 555 in 850 watt monoblock mode
sub amp-Sanway FP14K
LCR-Dual stacked BFM DR-250's
Surrounds- Dual stacked BFM W10's
subs-12 SI 18's ported 6hz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
It depends on setup, if you have a 4 ohm load the clone in bridged mode will blow up the driver. Matching impedance and power is key for proper setup. Some say the new sanways are 2 ohm stable but we need some testing for sure before we go nuts. I am running 8 SI 18's off of one channel in 2 ohm load and the other 4 off the other channel with a 4 ohm load. The key is design and how many real watts at what load is actually needed.
Of course.

When I had the clone amps about 3 years ago, Sanway was clear that the clones were not 2ohm stable, so attempting it didn't make much sense.

The clone in a 4ohm bridge is to much power long term, but i guarantee i could still clip it at 50hz and up on drum kicks without hurting that B&C driver.
Old Today, 02:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
Hey Dom.. It's been awhile since I visited this thread. Anyway just wanted to update my system. So I notice there's data fo JTR 215's. I've added 2 215RT and 1 215RM to my existing system. And I forgot to mentioned back then that I'm on a second level suspended floor. I don't know if that makes any difference. Anyway FWIW this is my last EQed REW run with the 3 215's running full range and the 4 S2's. More subs will added to the mix soon. Mainly horn subs..

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...7&d=1411893255
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Can you adjust your scale to 5db increments and post up the same response.

Also, what is with the 1,350degree phase? Makin me dizzy man.

I don't know if I did this right but.. is this how?

Click image for larger version

Name:	unsmoothed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	445410

Tags
ae ib15 subwoofer , Bic Pl 200 Acoustech Platinum Series Subwoofer , Bowers Wilkins Asw 610 , Danley Sound Labs Dts 10 , Elemental Designs A7s 450 , Epik Empire , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 311 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Velodyne Eq Max 15 15 Subwoofer