Look for a Dual Subwoofer Setup, Budget 6000 Total - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All,

Iv not posted on here for some time, with the help of some guys here I already did purchase 2 Seaton subwoofer over 2 years ago. I am ready for 2 more subwoofers to my setup. I am looking for something that will go down very low with Finesse and accuracy both excelling at movies and sometimes music. At the moment my dual Seaton subs are set under the X32 config on the Onkyo processor.

My current setup is

Danley SH50 Left and right with SH69 as centre. Then im using a SH100 for my Surrounds.

So far I am looking at the Legacy Line of subwoofer either the XD Extreme or the Goliath

any more suggestion, has anyone got experiences with the Seaton and the Legacy subs?

Home Theatre: Onkyo PR SC 5509, ATI 3007 Danley SH50, Danley SH69, Danley SH100 (Rear), Seaton Subwoofer X 2, Custom Made Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps.

2 Channel System: Philharmonics 3, GD Audio Master 2 Mono Blocks, GD Audio Master 1 Pre-Amp. Wireworld Eclipse Gold 5 Silver XLR, Clear Day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Dual JTR OS LFU

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #3 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Danley and JTR have some killer subwoofers. If you need something that has higher WAF, look at Funk, their sins look nice and also have great performance. But to really outdo your seatons, you will need something colossal, like the Orbit Shifter LFU. You might just want to add two more seatons though, that will be easiest to dial in and integrate with your existing subs.
post #4 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 60
A couple more seatons, PSA Triax or Quad FV15HP.

Is DIY an option ? a pair of sealed TC LMS 5400 would be wicked.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 181
For 6k and what you describe what you want, a pair of jtr s2's would be your best option commercially, IMO. I heard these the other day, and they were very impressive.

post #6 of 20 Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Do you have the 1000 watt Submersives? If so you could upgrade by trading in old amps and getting the new amps and get 2 slave subwoofers. This would be a significant upgrade IMO going from four 15" on 2000 watts to eight 15" on 9600 watts. Also have a new dsp setting to lift the low end. This would be a nice upgrade IMO and would save some $$.

http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/ubersive-masterslave-option-6453864?&trail=20
post #7 of 20 Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

I need the 220-240 Volt operation and have been waiting for some time. Was looking at other companies. Need something Fast but very clean down low.

Home Theatre: Onkyo PR SC 5509, ATI 3007 Danley SH50, Danley SH69, Danley SH100 (Rear), Seaton Subwoofer X 2, Custom Made Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps.

2 Channel System: Philharmonics 3, GD Audio Master 2 Mono Blocks, GD Audio Master 1 Pre-Amp. Wireworld Eclipse Gold 5 Silver XLR, Clear Day...
post #8 of 20 Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 30
What frequencies do you feel are lacking with the Seaton subs? Do you want more impact and slam?
post #9 of 20 Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

For 6k and what you describe what you want, a pair of jtr s2's would be your best option commercially, IMO. I heard these the other day, and they were very impressive.

For <20 hz yes......................

For >20 hz the OS's have cleanest output I've heard.............and has +6 db's more output than S2.

I own an S2............if I could've fit dual OS's.................I'd be a happier owner biggrin.gif

My Build Threads

post #10 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

I am looking for more low end rumble and yes more impact in the room. Its a large room concrete floors. The JTRs seems massive.

post #11 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
I am looking for more low end rumble and yes more impact in the room.

How low do you want? JTR OS would have useful output down to 10Hz. How loud below 20Hz depends on your room gain and placement. The above 20Hz impact; JTR OS is a force to reckon with. Only trouble is the size. If you can manage to fit in your listening space; it's worth every penny.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #12 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfeen View Post

I am looking for more low end rumble and yes more impact in the room. Its a large room concrete floors. The JTRs seems massive.

Often people assume the low end rumble they seek is at 5Hz when in most cases it is the massive output in the 30-60Hz octave which is interpreted as being powerful rumble. If you can narrow down the frequency range that needs to be addressed it would be easier to provide a suggestion.

That said rumble and impact require different approaches, the rumble that most people think of is from 30-60Hz and the impact is usually from 60-180Hz. Unless you specifically need output below 30-40Hz then a pro style horn such as the JTR OS Pro or Void Psyco X or Bassmaxx B Zero would be very strong choices above 40Hz, if budget is not a concern I would suggest the Danley BC series for above 40Hz. If below 40Hz is needed then you would need to add more Seaton Submersives or JTR S1/2s assuming you want a smallish box and want to get to 5Hz. If below 15Hz is of no consequence and a larger box can be accommodated you could try to get some Gjallerhorns made for 15-30Hz as these are very powerful in the 15-30Hz octave. It really depends on what your trying to achieve as different tools are required for different problems.
SaviorMachine likes this.
post #13 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1450
I second Luke Kamps suggestion. Upgrade the SubM amps and add a pair of slave units. Doubling displacement and quadrupling power should yield some solid gains.

edit* I see the hpi version not yet available for 220volt.
post #14 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
This makes the most sense to me as well (doing what Luke suggests).
post #15 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post

How low do you want? JTR OS would have useful output down to 10Hz. How loud below 20Hz depends on your room gain and placement. The above 20Hz impact; JTR OS is a force to reckon with. Only trouble is the size. If you can manage to fit in your listening space; it's worth every penny.

I'm happy with my S2, but prefer dual OS's for sure.............................output above 20 hz is INSANE!

As mentioned, size is the only issue with OS............. Lord only knows how hard I tried to fit dual OS's in my front facade wall.

IMHO, OS is the BEST sub I've heard for the money!

My Build Threads

post #16 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

I will look at getting another 2 Seaton Subs for the time being, till they have the amplifier upgrade option. The JTR are just too big it seems more suitable for a large commercial room. Just a quick questions are the drivers the same in the HP version vs the older Seatons?

post #17 of 20 Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The drivers are the same.

R 8:28

post #18 of 20 Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The international amp (HPi+) is available. You can call mark or check the seaton forum for more information. It also enables the master/slave option where you drive two cabinets from one amp
post #19 of 20 Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

I live outside the USA so its not always easy to call at the right time saying that I know from experience its hard to get hold of Mark, even by emails. However I have left him a private message on this forum and on his own website.

post #20 of 20 Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfeen View Post

I live outside the USA so its not always easy to call at the right time saying that I know from experience its hard to get hold of Mark, even by emails. However I have left him a private message on this forum and on his own website.

Also international customer smile.gif,

when ordering my original submersive it was indeed very difficult to get a hold of Mark. This time though when mailing to sales@seatonsound.net I got a really fast reply. Mark got some help there so I think mailing at that address might give you the quickest response.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page