Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official PSA Triax Thread
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:03 PM 01-01-2014
Without audyssey hat looks fantastic!!!

Run audyssey then take measurements and overlay them

I think you will be very pleased with it. But it looks great already!!

Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:05 PM 01-01-2014
Fyi here are my two xs30's with no ability to alter their position:

Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:10 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Without audyssey hat looks fantastic!!!

Run audyssey then take measurements and overlay them

I think you will be very pleased with it. But it looks great already!!

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Fyi here are my two xs30's with no ability to alter their position:

Sweet! smile.gif (Don't let the REW police catch you using that smoothing... biggrin.gif )
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:16 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

+1
Sweet! smile.gif (Don't let the REW police catch you using that smoothing... biggrin.gif )
Yeah I hear ya. But word from the very informed is 1/6 is how we hear. So it's what I like to really look at. The non smoothed is good too but isn't real world to me wink.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:20 PM 01-01-2014
ok heres with Audyssey biggrin.gif


original aud off





new aud off





new aud on





overlay

Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:21 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Yeah I hear ya. But word from the very informed is 1/6 is how we hear. So it's what I like to really look at. The non smoothed is good too but isn't real world to me wink.gif

+1

I've been told the same by some who should know. wink.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:22 PM 01-01-2014
REW mic set to 80dbs
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:24 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

ok heres with Audyssey biggrin.gif


original aud off





new aud off





new aud on





overlay

Very nice! smile.gif . I'd be very happy with that response.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:25 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

ok heres with Audyssey biggrin.gif


original aud off





new aud off





new aud on





overlay
Pretty damn nice!!! Well done!
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:27 PM 01-01-2014
heres my old audyssey on and my new results with aud on


Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:31 PM 01-01-2014
thanks for everyones help!!!!!!!!!! man im beat!!!!!!!!
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:35 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

thanks for everyones help!!!!!!!!!! man im beat!!!!!!!!

Time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. smile.gif

Of course now we're expecting your report on any audible improvement you've noticed. wink.gif
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:41 PM 01-01-2014
Actually you have to fix your graph type. See how mine the vertical lines aren't equidistant. You need to hit the freq axis button to get to logarithmic
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:43 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Actually you have to fix your graph type. See how mine the vertical lines aren't equidistant. You need to hit the freq axis button to get to logarithmic

The vertical lines in his graph don't look equidistant to me......
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 06:46 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

The vertical lines in his graph don't look equidistant to me......
Yeah your right. Somthing doesn't look right though. Maybe it's just looking a them on my phone. Go about your business hahah
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 06:48 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Yeah your right. Somthing doesn't look right though. Maybe it's just looking a them on my phone. Go about your business hahah

He is using a narrower frequency band than you. Perhaps this is why it looks odd?
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:52 PM 01-01-2014
don't scare me now lol. man im going to set everything up and try it out, wooohooo
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 07:07 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

He is using a narrower frequency band than you. Perhaps this is why it looks odd?
+1 gotcha!!
JasonT35's Avatar JasonT35 07:22 PM 01-01-2014
Man that looks really good. Nice work
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 07:54 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT35 View Post

Man that looks really good. Nice work

Thanks! I'm almost ready to test it out smile.gif
JasonT35's Avatar JasonT35 08:00 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks! I'm almost ready to test it out smile.gif

Just realize that we are happy for you but hate you at the same time :-)
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 08:03 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT35 View Post

Just realize that we are happy for you but hate you at the same time :-)

Lol! Man that's so exhausting! I think moving both Triaxes every few inches drained me! eek.gif
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 08:05 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT35 View Post

Just realize that we are happy for you but hate you at the same time :-)

+1 LOL
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 08:08 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Lol! Man that's so exhausting! I think moving both Triaxes every few inches drained me! eek.gif

Ah, come on, you're young and strong, you can handle it. wink.gif

Picture me, 50 years old, 5' 7", and pushing around a sub that weighs a 100lbs more than me! eek.gif
raynist's Avatar raynist 08:22 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Lol! Man that's so exhausting! I think moving both Triaxes every few inches drained me! eek.gif

Furniture slider work wonders on these subs.

Using 3 on each Triax I can push them around with one had with no effort at all. My 6 year old daughter is able to push them too.
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 08:25 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Furniture slider work wonders on these subs.

Using 3 on each Triax I can push them around with one had with no effort at all. My 6 year old daughter is able to push them too.

+1

Although with the sliders I'm using it's not quite that easy. Perhaps the carpet and thick padding are making it more difficult in my case.....or I don't have as much strength as a 6 year old girl. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 08:40 PM 01-01-2014
after setting my room back and running all 8 positions under Audysey, this is my final result from today.


original aud on





final result aud on





overlay



time to test it out biggrin.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 08:41 PM 01-01-2014
still got some more things to improve ill im going to see how it sounds so far
raynist's Avatar raynist 09:20 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

+1

Although with the sliders I'm using it's not quite that easy. Perhaps the carpet and thick padding are making it more difficult in my case.....or I don't have as much strength as a 6 year old girl. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

She's pretty strong smile.gif , but I have short Berber carpet so it slides pretty easily.

Here is how easy it is to push with the sliders, you can see how short the carpet is:


Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 09:21 PM 01-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

She's pretty strong smile.gif , but I have short Berber carpet so it slides pretty easily.

Here is how easy it is to push with the sliders:


Knew I forgot something lol
Tags: Power Sound Audio Triax
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop