Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 109 - AVS Forum
First ... 107  108  109 110  111  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official PSA Triax Thread
tvuong's Avatar tvuong 01:44 PM 02-17-2014
I do not like Ail for bass. Movie is so so. OHF is much much better for bass.

Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 01:51 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post

I do not like Ail for bass. Movie is so so. OHF is much much better for bass.

Well obviously OHF is. But AIL is outstanding as well. What are you running for subs?
tvuong's Avatar tvuong 01:59 PM 02-17-2014
^^ Dual FV15hps
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 02:00 PM 02-17-2014
That's odd. I found the bass to be great. To each his own me thinks
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 11:44 PM 02-21-2014
Hey BLACK, to, posted your video on Facebook, of you hitting 128db....wink.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:55 AM 02-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Hey BLACK, to, posted your video on Facebook, of you hitting 128db....wink.gif

Awesome bro, thanks!! Did you see my latest video of the triaxes hitting 127dbs from 28ft away?
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 09:46 AM 02-22-2014
Thats the one he posted
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 09:55 AM 02-22-2014
Insane

I think I'm gonna grab that spl meter. Mine is the old analog one and it seems like it's not working right lately.
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 11:02 AM 02-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Awesome bro, thanks!! Did you see my latest video of the triaxes hitting 127dbs from 28ft away?

Black, have you thought about buying a mic and downloading REW to take some measurements of your room?
WhskyTangoFoxtrt's Avatar WhskyTangoFoxtrt 11:12 AM 02-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarretc View Post

...what gain do you have it set to on the Triaxes? I run mine at 100%

Whoa.
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 11:59 AM 02-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Black, have you thought about buying a mic and downloading REW to take some measurements of your room?
He already has
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 02:59 PM 02-22-2014
Oh okay, I didn't realize he had. Have they been posted here?
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 03:33 PM 02-22-2014
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 03:47 PM 02-22-2014
Sweet, thanks Brian. smile.gif
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 03:48 PM 02-22-2014
No prob smile.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 08:34 PM 02-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Black, have you thought about buying a mic and downloading REW to take some measurements of your room?

Yep as Brian pointed out I spent a nice weekend getting my feet wet with REW. It was frustrating at first but then it got fun once i got the hang of it. With just 1 Triax I got great output and when I added the 2nd Triax I gained more mid punch slam and also the room seems to pressurize a good bit more. Overall 1 Triax is def enough to knock someones socks off but I will say investing in a 2nd one, to me was worth it. Either way 1 or 2 Triaxes is an insane sub upgrade!
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 09:07 AM 02-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Yep as Brian pointed out I spent a nice weekend getting my feet wet with REW. It was frustrating at first but then it got fun once i got the hang of it. With just 1 Triax I got great output and when I added the 2nd Triax I gained more mid punch slam and also the room seems to pressurize a good bit more. Overall 1 Triax is def enough to knock someones socks off but I will say investing in a 2nd one, to me was worth it. Either way 1 or 2 Triaxes is an insane sub upgrade!
I am so looking for ward to getting my theater complete, It is going to be a blast adding my dual Triax's in a room 1/4 of the size I have now, treated and soundproofed to add. Kaboooooom! I am waiting to dig into REW till I get into the theater, just no sense doing anything in this room. I picked up a pari of Danley Sound labs SM60F's to A/B against my 212 Noesis. Still have not had a day to experiment, but again, not the room I am concerned about anyway.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 09:38 AM 02-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I am so looking for ward to getting my theater complete, It is going to be a blast adding my dual Triax's in a room 1/4 of the size I have now, treated and soundproofed to add. Kaboooooom! I am waiting to dig into REW till I get into the theater, just no sense doing anything in this room. I picked up a pari of Danley Sound labs SM60F's to A/B against my 212 Noesis. Still have not had a day to experiment, but again, not the room I am concerned about anyway.

Man def let me know how the comparison goes. Wow with a room that much smaller your going to have some crazy pressurization!!! Cant wait to see how it goes
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 01:21 PM 03-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

My 11 year old processor, an Anthem AVM20, lacks any room correction. I'm considering replacing it this year with a new Anthem AVR to give ARC a try.
Hey Sat. I know we were talking one time about the Anthem. I am watching the new Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro as it will be sporting Dirac live. I am going to wait and get some feedback from the new users, but if the reviews are good I am going to jump on the XMC-1. This will be for 100% Home theater use.
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 03:59 PM 03-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Hey Sat. I know we were talking one time about the Anthem. I am watching the new Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro as it will be sporting Dirac live. I am going to wait and get some feedback from the new users, but if the reviews are good I am going to jump on the XMC-1. This will be for 100% Home theater use.

I still haven't taken the plunge and tried an Anthem AVR (most likely the MRX510). There's a couple bugs that need to be fixed that are deal breakers for me, so I'm waiting for Anthem to release a fix and see what owners say about it.

I must admit I'm a bit nervous about giving an Emotiva pre/pro a try given problems they had with a former pre/pro release. I'll have to check out their thread and see what owners think of the new pre/pro when it's released.

smile.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 08:56 PM 03-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Hey Sat. I know we were talking one time about the Anthem. I am watching the new Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro as it will be sporting Dirac live. I am going to wait and get some feedback from the new users, but if the reviews are good I am going to jump on the XMC-1. This will be for 100% Home theater use.

If the XMC-1 turns out to be all that and a bag of chips I'm going to get one too, also for HT use.
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 09:47 AM 03-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

If the XMC-1 turns out to be all that and a bag of chips I'm going to get one too, also for HT use.

Please let them provide proper user manuals for trouble-shooting purposes.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 03:00 PM 03-10-2014
Home alone today so why not some music!!!

I have been playing one of my favorite albums ever Led Zeppelin The song remains the same (Live) If your a zep head, this is a must, just for the No Quarter track.

Fantastic bass to accompany this master piece. I am trying to A/B my new Danley SM60F's to my JTR Noesis and to my Triax's. Its tough man just tough!!
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 03:02 PM 03-10-2014
Yeah I feel for you Reef, must be really tough having to try to decide which you like better between 212HT's and SM60f's!....lol
oneeyeblind's Avatar oneeyeblind 03:48 PM 03-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Home alone today so why not some music!!!

I have been playing one of my favorite albums ever Led Zeppelin The song remains the same (Live) If your a zep head, this is a must, just for the No Quarter track.

Fantastic bass to accompany this master piece. I am trying to A/B my new Danley SM60F's to my JTR Noesis and to my Triax's. Its tough man just tough!!

I want some tough work like that for me too. I'll help you do some of that hard work.... Can't let a friend suffer!
usxplong's Avatar usxplong 12:23 PM 03-12-2014
Hay Black,
Any news on the speakers from PSA you were waiting for?
oneeyeblind's Avatar oneeyeblind 12:40 PM 03-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Hay Black,
Any news on the speakers from PSA you were waiting for?

Seconded smile.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:51 AM 03-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Hay Black,
Any news on the speakers from PSA you were waiting for?[/quote

Actually I just spoke to Tom yesterday. So theyve been busy lately but are now caught up on things so theyre putting their focus on the new speaker line. 🔊😎
Basically where we stand right now is that itll take 8-12 weeks for all the parts to come in to make the first batch but theyre pretty much done with the design so shortly they will release the details on them and start taking orders 😃 itll be a lil longer to have the first set in my hands but just like the Triax, these will be a crazy deal for the price!

usxplong's Avatar usxplong 12:19 PM 03-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by usxplong View Post

Hay Black,
Any news on the speakers from PSA you were waiting for?[/quote

Actually I just spoke to Tom yesterday. So theyve been busy lately but are now caught up on things so theyre putting their focus on the new speaker line. 🔊😎
Basically where we stand right now is that itll take 8-12 weeks for all the parts to come in to make the first batch but theyre pretty much done with the design so shortly they will release the details on them and start taking orders 😃 itll be a lil longer to have the first set in my hands but just like the Triax, these will be a crazy deal for the price!

Thanks man.
Can you share the price or may PM me?

Thanks again.

Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 12:30 PM 03-13-2014
Man that new Godzilla movie looks awesome!!!! Cant wait to fire up the Triaxes for that movie!!!
Tags: Power Sound Audio Triax
First ... 107  108  109 110  111  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop