Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
My apologies if I missed it, but is there any further info on the issue of using the MiniDSP with the Triax? I know it was mention Tom was doing sone further testing, but I don't remember any post about the conclusion of those tests.
oneeyeblind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 928
Wondering if anyone wants to trade a black Triax for my cordovan cherry straight up?

It is about to go behind an AT screen never to be seen again. It is too pretty for that.

Located in Pittsburgh.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Wondering if anyone wants to trade a black Triax for my cordovan cherry straight up?

It is about to go behind an AT screen never to be seen again. It is too pretty for that.

Located in Pittsburgh.
So true!

I wish I had the budget to buy it from you. It would complement my single Cordovan Cherry Triax quite nicely!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Quote:

Located in Pittsburgh.
Nice Gesture, but I would hang on to it. Think resale!!
ahblaza likes this.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Wow guess I've been out of the loop awhile.. didn't even realize the Triax had been discontinued. Haven't had a lot of time recently and think I've only put 100 hours on my Triax. Turned it on for the first time in a few months and looks like the amp's dead. According to the manual:

230VAC Model (Long flash - Short flash)
4-1 = Fault from gate PCB while amp was working ok. May reset with power cycle

So I will call Tom in a few days and see what it might be. Pity, I get in moods to want to rock the foundation now and then...

Old 05-14-2015, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Wow guess I've been out of the loop awhile.. didn't even realize the Triax had been discontinued. Haven't had a lot of time recently and think I've only put 100 hours on my Triax. Turned it on for the first time in a few months and looks like the amp's dead. According to the manual:

So I will call Tom in a few days and see what it might be. Pity, I get in moods to want to rock the foundation now and then...
Triax wasn't discontinued, just updated with new drivers. It's now called the T-18.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 4190
Did you unplug it from the wall for a couple minutes so it will reset?
ahblaza likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 PM

@basshead81 - Yes. Talked with Tom and will send the amp back. I don't believe they keep this amp in stock so we'll see. Also, it was an extremely snug fit. I was about to remove a woofer to get to the back of it but after 2 days of tugging it finally came out.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Still looking to trade my Cordovan Cherry Triax for a standard finish triax straight up if anyone is interested.
oneeyeblind and its phillip like this.

JTR (3 215 RT, 5 212HTR, 2 Growlers, 4 S2's)
PSA (4 Triax's)
DIY Sound Group (4 Volt 8's in Slanted boxes, 3 Volt 8's in Ported boxes)
SVS (2 SB13+ and one SB12-NSD)
Old 08-04-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Still looking to trade my Cordovan Cherry Triax for a standard finish triax straight up if anyone is interested.
I'm surprised no one took you up on your offer. The Cordovan Cherry Triax is beautiful! But then I'm biased.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 4190
That cordovan cherry is amazing.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 05-27-2016, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello from Spain
I've seen their products and see that they subwoofers starting 15 .They have thought of a future do some 10 "subwoofer that can compete against SVS PB1000.
In Spain the best value in 10 " I see is the SVSfor 550 euros.
Sorry for my English ,translator use.

Greetings and thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
That cordovan cherry is amazing.
Sorry to say that was mine Ray stole off of me, now he wants to trade for a standard finish..
Old 05-27-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Sorry to say that was mine Ray stole off of me, now he wants to trade for a standard finish..
πŸ˜„

It's already gone. Traded the enclosure for a standard finish at PSA a few weeks ago.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:

I realize this is old but any update?
oneeyeblind likes this.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I realize this is old but any update?
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in

Old 08-07-2016, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in
Get that bad boy going!
Enjoy a movie and let us know.
stm69 likes this.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 3910 Post(s)
Liked: 2626
Quote:
You have a non-working Triax just sitting in the corner? And all you need to get it up and running is an (I'm assuming, free) amp and some screws?

WTF???

stm69, oneeyeblind and jjackkrash like this.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
Liked: 3967
Quote:
I think we found that the other day during some inventory checks---we were like "where did this 6000w amp come from"? But we figured it out. Anyway, let us know when you're ready to rock and we'll have it on the way with a bunch of new screws too..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
stm69, oneeyeblind and jjackkrash like this.

β€œThe bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- Ben Franklin
Old 08-13-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Get that bad boy going!
Enjoy a movie and let us know.
I'll have to. Since we bought a TV for the playroom noone wanted to watch movies in the basement. So it was just me for a movie every month... but I finally have the itch to get it setup again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
You have a non-working Triax just sitting in the corner? And all you need to get it up and running is an (I'm assuming, free) amp and some screws?

WTF???

Give me a break, it's only been 15 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I think we found that the other day during some inventory checks---we were like "where did this 6000w amp come from"? But we figured it out. Anyway, let us know when you're ready to rock and we'll have it on the way with a bunch of new screws too..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Thanks Tom. Bet you guys still don't use a lot of those 220v amps? hehe I will be in touch in the next 2 weeks. Got the go ahead from my wife to paint the basement area flat black. Also got the go ahead to see what comes out at Cedia next month. Maybe a RS400 or RS500 in my future there. The home theater might see a revival!
ahblaza likes this.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Today was my first day with it.
Had some new furniture delivered and added a carpet pad under my area rug so I put it off until today.

Sounds great!
Crisp and clean bass is how I'd describe it.

Still tinkering a little and only listened to 2 channel music with 80Hz crossover on the Denon 4520.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax