Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 78Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3541 of 3556 Old 05-14-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Wow guess I've been out of the loop awhile.. didn't even realize the Triax had been discontinued. Haven't had a lot of time recently and think I've only put 100 hours on my Triax. Turned it on for the first time in a few months and looks like the amp's dead. According to the manual:

230VAC Model (Long flash - Short flash)
4-1 = Fault from gate PCB while amp was working ok. May reset with power cycle

So I will call Tom in a few days and see what it might be. Pity, I get in moods to want to rock the foundation now and then...
Triax wasn't discontinued, just updated with new drivers. It's now called the T-18.
Saturn94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3542 of 3556 Old 05-14-2015, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 10,099
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 4708
Did you unplug it from the wall for a couple minutes so it will reset?
ahblaza likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
post #3543 of 3556 Old 05-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Member
 
stm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
@basshead81 - Yes. Talked with Tom and will send the amp back. I don't believe they keep this amp in stock so we'll see. Also, it was an extremely snug fit. I was about to remove a woofer to get to the back of it but after 2 days of tugging it finally came out.

stm69 is offline  
post #3544 of 3556 Old 08-04-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Still looking to trade my Cordovan Cherry Triax for a standard finish triax straight up if anyone is interested.
oneeyeblind and its phillip like this.

JTR (3 215 RT, 5 212HTR, 2 Growlers, 4 S2's)
PSA (4 Triax's)
DIY Sound Group (4 Volt 8's in Slanted boxes, 3 Volt 8's in Ported boxes)
SVS (2 SB13+ and one SB12-NSD)
raynist is online now  
post #3545 of 3556 Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Still looking to trade my Cordovan Cherry Triax for a standard finish triax straight up if anyone is interested.
I'm surprised no one took you up on your offer. The Cordovan Cherry Triax is beautiful! But then I'm biased.
Saturn94 is offline  
post #3546 of 3556 Old 08-04-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 10,099
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 4708
That cordovan cherry is amazing.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
post #3547 of 3556 Old 05-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello from Spain
I've seen their products and see that they subwoofers starting 15 .They have thought of a future do some 10 "subwoofer that can compete against SVS PB1000.
In Spain the best value in 10 " I see is the SVSfor 550 euros.
Sorry for my English ,translator use.


Greetings and thanks in advance.
hemiutut is offline  
post #3548 of 3556 Old 05-27-2016, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
That cordovan cherry is amazing.
Sorry to say that was mine Ray stole off of me, now he wants to trade for a standard finish..
ahblaza is offline  
post #3549 of 3556 Old 05-27-2016, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Liked: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Sorry to say that was mine Ray stole off of me, now he wants to trade for a standard finish..
😄

It's already gone. Traded the enclosure for a standard finish at PSA a few weeks ago.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
raynist is online now  
post #3550 of 3556 Old 08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Wow guess I've been out of the loop awhile.. didn't even realize the Triax had been discontinued. Haven't had a lot of time recently and think I've only put 100 hours on my Triax. Turned it on for the first time in a few months and looks like the amp's dead. According to the manual:

230VAC Model (Long flash - Short flash)
4-1 = Fault from gate PCB while amp was working ok. May reset with power cycle

So I will call Tom in a few days and see what it might be. Pity, I get in moods to want to rock the foundation now and then...
I realize this is old but any update?
oneeyeblind likes this.
laserjock II is offline  
post #3551 of 3556 Old 08-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Member
 
stm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I realize this is old but any update?
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in

stm69 is offline  
post #3552 of 3556 Old 08-07-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in
Get that bad boy going!
Enjoy a movie and let us know.
stm69 likes this.
laserjock II is offline  
post #3553 of 3556 Old 08-08-2016, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 8,763
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4320 Post(s)
Liked: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in
You have a non-working Triax just sitting in the corner? And all you need to get it up and running is an (I'm assuming, free) amp and some screws?

WTF???


stm69, oneeyeblind and jjackkrash like this.
Alan P is offline  
post #3554 of 3556 Old 08-08-2016, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,028
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 4205
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm69 View Post
Err.... speaking of old, I should probably relay this. Tom and co got the amp repaired with their usual efficiency. However, I've been busy with life stuff (kid had some issues) and missed the delivery. Fedex returned it to PSA and it's been back with them ever since. Triax has been sitting in the corner since my post in 2015. I should probably try and get it shipped back here (again), if I knew where the screws were to put it back in
I think we found that the other day during some inventory checks---we were like "where did this 6000w amp come from"? But we figured it out. Anyway, let us know when you're ready to rock and we'll have it on the way with a bunch of new screws too..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
stm69, oneeyeblind and jjackkrash like this.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- Ben Franklin
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #3555 of 3556 Old 08-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Member
 
stm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Get that bad boy going!
Enjoy a movie and let us know.
I'll have to. Since we bought a TV for the playroom noone wanted to watch movies in the basement. So it was just me for a movie every month... but I finally have the itch to get it setup again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
You have a non-working Triax just sitting in the corner? And all you need to get it up and running is an (I'm assuming, free) amp and some screws?

WTF???


Give me a break, it's only been 15 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
I think we found that the other day during some inventory checks---we were like "where did this 6000w amp come from"? But we figured it out. Anyway, let us know when you're ready to rock and we'll have it on the way with a bunch of new screws too..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Thanks Tom. Bet you guys still don't use a lot of those 220v amps? hehe I will be in touch in the next 2 weeks. Got the go ahead from my wife to paint the basement area flat black. Also got the go ahead to see what comes out at Cedia next month. Maybe a RS400 or RS500 in my future there. The home theater might see a revival!
ahblaza likes this.

stm69 is offline  
post #3556 of 3556 Old 08-14-2016, 01:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,641
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Today was my first day with it.
Had some new furniture delivered and added a carpet pad under my area rug so I put it off until today.

Sounds great!
Crisp and clean bass is how I'd describe it.

Still tinkering a little and only listened to 2 channel music with 80Hz crossover on the Denon 4520.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
laserjock II is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off