Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lefthandluke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dayton
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Could it depend on the room or calibration? Im just wondering because i was hitting 129dbs with my trinity the other day and that was just one trinity in a 4590sq foot room and even on pure concrete floor it was doing some damage to the foundation biggrin.gif i was just curious because mine sounds pretty strong but it does lack at 30hz and below.


the trinity is strong in the 20-25hz region, is -3db at 18hz and drops like lead below 16hz...tho I don't think I've hit 129db with two of them in my room!


I really like these subs, but DANG...i'd like to trade em up for a pair of triax subs today!!
steve nn likes this.
lefthandluke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post

the trinity is strong in the 20-25hz region, is -3db at 18hz and drops like lead below 16hz...tho I don't think I've hit 129db with two of them in my room!


I really like these subs, but DANG...i'd like to trade em up for a pair of triax subs today!!

I hit 129dbs with just one of them in a 4,590 cu ft room. It stayed from 126dbs-129dbs for a 30 second frequency sweep i ran off youtube. I havent measured anymore since the other day but i would love to get 2 triaxs too!

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #543 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post

the trinity is strong in the 20-25hz region, is -3db at 18hz and drops like lead below 16hz...tho I don't think I've hit 129db with two of them in my room!


I really like these subs, but DANG...i'd like to trade em up for a pair of triax subs today!!

I cant seem to get mine strong in that 20-25hz range but anything above that its been a beast! I could probably adjust the calibration on it but i dont know how, all ive done is run the aud x32 eq on it from my denon receiver. How many trinitys do you have and how big is your room?

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #544 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
BLACK> In that case I'll find the Triax a suitable mate. biggrin.gif

cool.gif Say you didn’t get together with bass and JB trying to entice me to buy the Trin with them knowing I like the PR design did you?? Pretty high numbers.. I’m watching you Black! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
Blackmambakila likes this.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #545 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

BLACK> In that case I'll find the Triax a suitable mate. biggrin.gif

cool.gif Say you didn’t get together with bass and JB trying to entice me to buy the Trin with them knowing I like the PR design did you?? Pretty high numbers.. I’m watching you Black! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually i didnt know you were a fan smile.gif the trinity was boomy at first because of corner placement but after running aud eq it cleaned up real nice and gain alot of output. I like the shape because it fits snug in corners. From 25hz and down it drops for me in output and im not sure if a mini dsp might fix that but i know with the Triax I should get all the low freq power ld ever want. By the way, its put cracks in the walls in both floors of this brand new house and knocks paint off the ceiling in my room which i have to clean off my tv stand all the time eek.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #546 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Actually i didnt know you were a fan smile.gif the trinity was boomy at first because of corner placement but after running aud eq it cleaned up real nice and gain alot of output. I like the shape because it fits snug in corners. From 25hz and down it drops for me in output and im not sure if a mini dsp might fix that but i know with the Triax I should get all the low freq power ld ever want. By the way, its put cracks in the walls in both floors of this brand new house and knocks paint off the ceiling in my room which i have to clean off my tv stand all the time eek.gif

Oh I have no doubt! You’re running and much more substantial of a SW. I have a 15” option on the board now, but I really don’t need it since I’m flat down to 14 in a way smaller bedroom. 110dB peeks works for me. Not sure how far I could push it though? That being that, I need a project. Anyway a couple rooms ago I always had a hard time of it at around 25 on down because of it being so lossy, so I understand what you’re up against in that size room. Good call going for the Triax though, and then maybe a second?
Blackmambakila likes this.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #547 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Oh I have no doubt! You’re running and much more substantial of a SW. I have a 15” option on the board now, but I really don’t need it since I’m flat down to 14 in a way smaller bedroom. 110dB peeks works for me. Not sure how far I could push it though? That being that, I need a project. Anyway a couple rooms ago I always had a hard time of it at around 25 on down because of it being so lossy, so I understand what you’re up against in that size room. Good call going for the Triax though, and then maybe a second?


After i get the triax setup and tested im going to see the reaction i get with dif locations from the trinity. If the trinity doesnt act rite in neither locations then ill jump on a 2nd triax. Problem in my room design is that theres one front corner that allows for full output, anywhere else in my room robs from sub output so being that i only have 1 good location im not sure about spending $3k for another sub if i dont have a good placement for it. There is the option of stacking 2 triaxs in my front corner and gaining +6dbs, not too worried about bass smoothing in that senerio because that corner alone pressurises the listening area without any problems. For now i like the trinity behind my seat because while the triax is at full potential in the front, the trinity can just rock the seats from behind to give viewers more of a in your face pounding! biggrin.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #548 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Homebrew101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I am picking up 2 of my 3 tomorrow afternoon.

Going to be a long day at work!

did you get a credit vs. shipping charges?

I know shipping is included but that has to be substantial savings for PSA if you pick them up
Homebrew101 is offline  
post #549 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post

the trinity is strong in the 20-25hz region, is -3db at 18hz and drops like lead below 16hz...tho I don't think I've hit 129db with two of them in my room!


I really like these subs, but DANG...i'd like to trade em up for a pair of triax subs today!!
Put them on AVS classifieds. I have sold quite a bit stuff on there.
steve nn likes this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #550 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Put them on AVS classifieds. I have sold quite a bit stuff on there.

That might be where ill be going soon

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #551 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Member
 
Bigotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
I am warning future Triax owners get some help with this unit, my wife helped a little, really need 3 people. I will try and listen to it tonight and give some feedback. My wife was very gracious about the purchase, she doesn't realize another unit is coming in a couple weeks.
Bigotis is offline  
post #552 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Member
 
Bigotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26

I'm not good at posting pictures, I'll post some more later, I picked mine up at the hub.
Bigotis is offline  
post #553 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lefthandluke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dayton
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

How many trinitys do you have and how big is your room?




I have 2 trinity's, one on front wall and one on side wall...room is 14x24x8 with opening to the rest of the house.
lefthandluke is offline  
post #554 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post

I have 2 trinity's, one on front wall and one on side wall...room is 14x24x8 with opening to the rest of the house.

Awesome! How do you like the dual setup you have with them? ill bet your rockin your house pretty good! biggrin.gif Not a bad sub setup thats been out for 7 years now. I was actually just about to buy 2 more trinities a few months ago and some members bere suggested i look into PSA. When I went to their website I saw an ad for the coming Triax and I was blown away. Needless to say I ordered one rite away and hopefully am about to receive it. When I called PSA they are very friendly and will give you all the details on any questions you have so I love their customer service. I also upgraded my receiver to a Denon 4520ci which can calibrate 2 individual subwoofers for you and got their latest 3313udci blueray player while im waiting. Even though it seems the Triax is a monster I still think the Trinity is a beast. How much more of a monster is the Triax, well im going to be finding out any day now eek.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #555 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
I am warning future Triax owners get some help with this unit, my wife helped a little, really need 3 people. I will try and listen to it tonight and give some feedback. My wife was very gracious about the purchase, she doesn't realize another unit is coming in a couple weeks.
I said this from day one!! I hope others follow what I said.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #556 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Picking up my Triax subs in 15 minutes. Super excited!
ellisr63 and Saturn94 like this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #557 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Picking up my Triax subs in 15 minutes. Super excited!

Please tell us how it sounds when you can!! Good luck!!
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #558 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I have tried to post a picture several times from my phone. I'm using the IMG tag from photo bucket but it's not working. Here is a direct link I'll post a better pic when I get home
Saturn94 likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #559 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joshjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I said this from day one!! I hope others follow what I said.
I wounder if you can just take out the drivers to help out,but they are heavy to.

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, EMOTIVA XDA-2, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
Joshjp is offline  
post #560 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I have tried to post a picture several times from my phone. I'm using the IMG tag from photo bucket but it's not working. Here is a direct link I'll post a better pic when I get home

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq324/raynist/BD878EFB-5CC6-4F7C-9918-98358F6E9042-2191-0000021CA80F8D74_zpsbd6ff609.jpg

Here you go....
Saturn94 likes this.

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is online now  
post #561 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 441
What's the appx. wait time if ordered today?

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is online now  
post #562 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

Here you go....

Thanks for posting that. I'm not sure why I couldn't do that from my phone.

I'm guessing the wait time now is probably three weeks maybe. It's probably a good thing I couldn't pick up my third subwoofer today, I'm not sure would've fit in the van.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #563 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

Here you go....

Loving these pics. smile.gif

Saturn94 is offline  
post #564 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Tom and Jim showed me both the new driver and the old driver for the Triax. I'm not a driver expert but just by looking at them you can tell the new driver is more substantial. The new driver also feels like it weighs twice as much as the old.

Tom and Jim are really a couple of great guys.

It's really cool to be able to meet the guys who designed and brought the product to market.

I was able to see The empty Triax cabinet, many of the different available finishes, and able to compare the size of the Triax their other products.

Let me just say that this thing is a beast and I haven't even turned it on yet.

Tom and Jim must get a pretty crazy work out just moving around the cabinets and assembling these drivers into the cabinets

We're lucky to have these guys in this industry and I'm fortunate that I live close enough that I can stop up there and pick up my products in person and meet Tom and Jim.
ellisr63 likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #565 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Member
 
Bigotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I had a brief listening session tonight, watched WWW's, taped from direct tv, pod scene was effortless, knocked a large ornamental shell off a shelf about 40ft away, very smooth, no boominess, excited to get the 2nd to smooth things out. I had to use a cheater plug to get rid of a hum, previous sub in that position had no hum. My area is large, 6000 cubic ft or so. Anxious to see it tested, what a great value, thank you PSA.
ellisr63, steve nn and Saturn94 like this.
Bigotis is offline  
post #566 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

I had a brief listening session tonight, watched WWW's, taped from direct tv, pod scene was effortless, knocked a large ornamental shell off a shelf about 40ft away, very smooth, no boominess, excited to get the 2nd to smooth things out. I had to use a cheater plug to get rid of a hum, previous sub in that position had no hum. My area is large, 6000 cubic ft or so. Anxious to see it tested, what a great value, thank you PSA.

Thanks for the report. I have a similar size space, about 5500 ft3, and am waiting for my single Triax. Sounds like it had no problem in a space that size. smile.gif
ellisr63 likes this.

Saturn94 is offline  
post #567 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Tom and Jim showed me both the new driver and the old driver for the Triax. I'm not a driver expert but just by looking at them you can tell the new driver is more substantial. The new driver also feels like it weighs twice as much as the old.

Tom and Jim are really a couple of great guys.

It's really cool to be able to meet the guys who designed and brought the product to market.

I was able to see The empty Triax cabinet, many of the different available finishes, and able to compare the size of the Triax their other products.

Let me just say that this thing is a beast and I haven't even turned it on yet.

Tom and Jim must get a pretty crazy work out just moving around the cabinets and assembling these drivers into the cabinets

We're lucky to have these guys in this industry and I'm fortunate that I live close enough that I can stop up there and pick up my products in person and meet Tom and Jim.

Awesome! Wow I can't imagine hearing 3, that is insane! Can't wait to hear your reaction once you shake the neighborhood!
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #568 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

I had a brief listening session tonight, watched WWW's, taped from direct tv, pod scene was effortless, knocked a large ornamental shell off a shelf about 40ft away, very smooth, no boominess, excited to get the 2nd to smooth things out. I had to use a cheater plug to get rid of a hum, previous sub in that position had no hum. My area is large, 6000 cubic ft or so. Anxious to see it tested, what a great value, thank you PSA.

Geez, 2? I feel left out, I only got 1! eek.gif There's going to be earthquakes everywhere soon!
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #569 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I was able to get them out of the van with the help of a neighbor.

Luckily I have a refrigerator dolly and only have one step so it was pretty easy getting it in the house.

The only problem I ran into was that they were too wide to fit through the door and I had to take the door off.

The hardest part about moving/lifting these is that there isn't really anything to grab into (like a port) and they are obviously not square/rectangular.

They are just sitting in the gameroom now. I plan to put the sliders under them and out them in place in about 30 minutes.

Here is a pic of Triax serial number 1



Signed by Tom and Jim



Here is serial number 2



And waiting to be moves into place.

ellisr63 likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #570 of 3438 Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

I had a brief listening session tonight, watched WWW's, taped from direct tv, pod scene was effortless, knocked a large ornamental shell off a shelf about 40ft away, very smooth, no boominess, excited to get the 2nd to smooth things out. I had to use a cheater plug to get rid of a hum, previous sub in that position had no hum. My area is large, 6000 cubic ft or so. Anxious to see it tested, what a great value, thank you PSA.

COOL! That's great, good for you.

GREAT pics!

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off