Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I sold mine to my sister for $500 bucks lol

Still a great sub, I am not sure you can do better for $500

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have a lot of respect for you Black.. Successful and taking care of your sister. Sounds like you grew up pretty fast. I agree,there is no age limit for playing games..Cmon Joshp rolleyes.gif We better tell Vin Diesel and Curt Shilling to shut down their gaming studios. In fact,we should all stop watching animated films then too,cause those are for kids,right?
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #723 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post

In fact,we should all stop watching animated films then too,cause those are for kids,right?

I'm sure Bender would agree.
post #724 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Cool. Sorry. I misunderstood you to be saying, your system was anemic, not that it was the sound track that was hurting. Had me wXV15's. there. eek.gif

Come on Bee you know I love these subs...You should be looking at 3 of them for your room and drop the sealed idea unless you can go with at a minimum a pair of XS30's or Triax's. 3 XS15's wouldnt even come close to 3 XV15's in the 15-30hz area. Below 15hz might be questionable depending if your room offers any free lunch, but even at that I bet the XV15's would net useable extension down to 12-14hz area. Look at it this way and this is how Tom explained it too me. 3 XV15's will offer Triax performance from 15hz on up, minus a couple db above 40hz, and offer the ability to smooth room modes. We came to the conclusion that this was a better approach for my room opposed to trading up for a single Triax.
post #725 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Well Black, I think that's very noble of you stepping up to take care of your sister like that.
Makes me think a lot more of you as a person then I did before. Not that I thought you were a bad guy or something, but it's good to hear your story and I hope everything works out for you guys.

Thanks, sometimes I have a lot on my plate so stress does find its way. Watching movies with my family is kinda relaxing smile.gif
oneeyeblind likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
post #726 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Below 15hz might be questionable depending if your room offers any free lunch, but even at that I bet the XV15's would net useable extension down to 12-14hz area. Look at it this way and this is how Tom explained it too me. 3 XV15's will offer Triax performance from 15hz on up, minus a couple db above 40hz, and offer the ability to smooth room modes. We came to the conclusion that this was a better approach for my room opposed to trading up for a single Triax.

No idea if my room is offering free lunches or not. With that in mind, I'm worried that I'll miss out if going with, as you suggest, vented. I wish I could go with a pair of XS30's. The best I could do, due to the room's layout is a pair of XS30's stacked but I'd lose out on the smoothing by not being able to spread the love around the room. I feel so screwed with this conundrum. I have to wait to see what sort of REW readings I get when I place one of the stacked subs, nearfield, behind the main listening position.

If worse comes to worse, I'll have to take you up on your suggestion and go with three XV15s but I really do want to go with three XS15s or two XS15s and a XS30. Not knowing is the worse type of doubt.

-
post #727 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks, sometimes I have a lot on my plate so stress does find its way. Watching movies with my family is kinda relaxing smile.gif

Hey what year is your SLR? Is it the Mclaren or base?
post #728 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Where is this thread headed? It's becoming a real joke guys!
SaviorMachine likes this.
post #729 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Sorry, just waiting to hear more reviews on the Triax and waiting for our Triaxs to arrive. smile.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #730 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
Liked: 1222
Quote:

Hey what year is your SLR? Is it the Mclaren or base?

All of the SLR's are McLaren's, the car was a joint venture with McLaren.

Mercedes parted ways with McLaren when they decided to purchase a F1 team and the SLR was taken out of the lineup because they had the SLS coming down the pipeline. The SLR's are going to become collector cars IMO and will start to go up in value if kept in great condition. That's a car that should be stored in a garage and used lightly!...lol

Okay, lets get this thread back on track!...lol

Has anyone taken any REW measurements with their Triax subs yet?
post #731 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well if you want to keep this thread on track why dont you post some real reviews on your Triax's? Saying the bass is scary or made me nauseous only goes so far. How about some max spl graphs and extension charts? Give us something to talk about? Until more folks get thier subs whats wrong with a little off topic conversation. Pardon us for stealing your lime light. rolleyes.gif
post #732 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Give us something to talk about?

Bonnie Raitt: "Something To Talk About"
post #733 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I would post some REW graphs but I just got my UMIK1 the other day and don't think I have it setup correctly, also haven't used REW before.

When I do a measurement, the volume on the graph reads real low - like 50dbs which is probably not much above the noise floor.

Even when I turn my receiver up to 0db or higher. I turned the volume on my laptop all the way up too, not sure what else to check. Will have to spend some time in the REW forum but haven't had time.

post #734 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well if you want to keep this thread on track why dont you post some real reviews on your Triax's? Saying the bass is scary or made me nauseous only goes so far. How about some max spl graphs and extension charts? Give us something to talk about? Until more folks get thier subs whats wrong with a little off topic conversation. Pardon us for stealing your lime light. rolleyes.gif
For one thing I have not had time to get around to the Triax subs yet, unfortunately I have other things going on. Second thing, where do you get off saying my limelight? I am not the on here bragging about my things, acting like a five year saying I have the first subs and I knew about the Triax's before you. It's a joke. Nothing wrong with offtopic, but the thread has completely derailed.
steve nn and Saturn94 like this.
post #735 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I would post some REW graphs but I just got my UMIK1 the other day and don't think I have it setup correctly, also haven't used REW before.

When I do a measurement, the volume on the graph reads real low - like 50dbs which is probably not much above the noise floor.

Even when I turn my receiver up to 0db or higher. I turned the volume on my laptop all the way up too, not sure what else to check. Will have to spend some time in the REW forum but haven't had time.

That sucks, I'm sure ull figure it out. I haven't used it either so ill probably be in the same boat. Atleast it will be awesome once we get the hang of it! Any cracks in the walls atleast? That's how I measure for now lol biggrin.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #736 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For one thing I have not had time to get around to the Triax subs yet, unfortunately I have other things going on. Second thing, where do you get off saying my limelight? I am not the on here bragging about my things, acting like a five year saying I have the first subs and I knew about the Triax's before you. It's a joke. Nothing wrong with offtopic, but the thread has completely derailed.

Hey I'm glad you gave a first preview on these subs, it was awesome! We just had a car chat late last night but now I'm hungry for more Triax reviews. What's your next plans with the Triaxs?

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #737 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey I'm glad you gave a first preview on these subs, it was awesome! We just had a car chat late last night but now I'm hungry for more Triax reviews. What's your next plans with the Triaxs?
My plans today is to get everything level matched and get these subs in place and run audy for half the day. I went out last night and picked up a new stand and boom arm for the audy mic to make a PITA job a little easier. Hopefully tonight I can get some #s going.

Don't get me wrong man, I like some offtopic, I even gave an opinion of it in the PSA thread. I just think the Triax thread should start to concentrate on the Triax and keep soome of the OT in the PSA thread. Allot of this was going on in the Master list of bass thread, and many of the good posters left.
post #738 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My plans today is to get everything level matched and get these subs in place and run audy for half the day. I went out last night and picked up a new stand and boom arm for the audy mic to make a PITA job a little easier. Hopefully tonight I can get some #s going.

How many square ft was your room? Man I wonder what A freq sweep would sound like with your setup, I'll bet the pressure on your chest would be insane! I can't wait until your all setup and measuring, this should be real interesting.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #739 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I just think the Triax thread should start to concentrate on the Triax and keep soome of the OT in the PSA thread.

Oh sure, leave the trash talk in the PSA thread. tongue.gif

...j/k
post #740 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Oh sure, leave the trash talk in the PSA thread. tongue.gif

...j/k

Lol! Hey I'm still reefs number one fan, he gave me a first look on these beasts. Didn't mean to get off topic, I guess the wait will do that to ya. Eventually well all be racing to bring down ours houses! biggrin.gif

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #741 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How many square ft was your room? Man I wonder what I freq sweep would sound like with your setup, I'll bet the pressure on your chest would be insane! I can't wait until your all setup and measuring, this should be real interesting.
23X30, but probably a little bigger. I am looking around now for a cheap windows laptop so I can download REW and get a mic and start getting some #'s. I have 2 macs and a macbook, so I don't think there is much I can do as far as REW or other EQ software. By the time I get done tuning, I will probably be geting ready to move it all out to the new theater room rolleyes.gif

It is all going to change when I get the theater built. I will be be building an AT screen and I will be putting the Triax's back into the AT room I guess you can say. I am hoping for great results. I had been looking at dual Orbit Shifters to match my Noesis during the wait, I almost at one point bailed on the Triax and went with the OS's. But I love PSA and I am sticking with Tom and Jim for the long haul. I would love to know how close the Triax is compared to the Oribit Shifter.
post #742 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol! Hey I'm still reefs number one fan, he gave me a first look on these beasts. Didn't mean to get off topic, I guess the wait will do that to ya. Eventually well all be racing to bring down ours houses! biggrin.gif
Again, I am just going to say it once more. I don't want to sound like a ***k cause Im not, but when these threads start to go off topic, fights start and bickering and what not and then mods get involved and it becomes a mess. Were all adults and all share the same passion on subs and audio, I think most of us are addicted subs and bass. Lets keep it clean and on track and all will be good. smile.gif Lets bag it and move forward.
post #743 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

23X30, but probably a little bigger. I am looking around now for a cheap windows laptop so I can download REW and get a mic and start getting some #'s. I have 2 macs and a macbook, so I don't think there is much I can do as far as REW or other EQ software. By the time I get done tuning, I will probably be geting ready to move it all out to the new theater room rolleyes.gif

It is all going to change when I get the theater built. I will be be building an AT screen and I will be putting the Triax's back into the AT room I guess you can say. I am hoping for great results. I had been looking at dual Orbit Shifters to match my Noesis during the wait, I almost at one point bailed on the Triax and went with the OS's. But I love PSA and I am sticking with Tom and Jim for the long haul. I would love to know how close the Triax is compared to the Oribit Shifter.

Man I would love to see a battle of titans! Wait, how bigs your new theater room? I imagine its prob built for even better response from the Triaxs, u could even have 4 Triaxs there and be sitting on a fault line!

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #744 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I know there a a Mac version of REW, I am going to download it tonight and try it. I originally set it up on my Win7 laptop, ilbut want to try the Mac version too.

post #745 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I know there a a Mac version of REW, I am going to download it tonight and try it. I originally set it up on my Win7 laptop, ilbut want to try the Mac version too.
I thought somebody posted a link or a how to for a mac version of REW. It would be perfect if it worked. I will have to wrestle the macbook from my daughter. I can run up to Guitar center and get any microphones or tools needed. Let us and me know what you discover. I remember last spring at Gorillas GTG, there was lots of measuring equipment and I just did not really understand allot of it. Certainly my next step.

I went up to Guitar center yesterday for my boom stand and that place is incredible, first time I was ever there, you want to talk about guitars?? It is crazy how many they have, they also have tons of stuff for home audio, I saw some Crown amps, speakers, tons of mics and wires and fittings. They even have acoustic room treatments. Place is great, I am going to drop some coin in that place.
post #746 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought somebody posted a link or a how to for a mac version of REW. It would be perfect if it worked. I will have to wrestle the macbook from my daughter. I can run up to Guitar center and get any microphones or tools needed. Let us and me know what you discover.

I went up to Guitar center yesterday for my boom stand and that place is incredible, first time I was ever there, you want to talk about guitars?? It is crazy how many they have, they also have tons of stuff for home audio, I saw some Crown amps, speakers, tons of mics and wires and fittings. They even have acoustic room treatments. Place is great, I am going to drop some coin in that place.

I have a Mac too and someone posted a link to it I think, either in this thread or the PSA thread. I haven't confirmed if it works yet but that why I have ordered a mic yet. I'd like to have REW ready for the Triax so I'm going to look into if this mac works with it.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #747 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:

The worse pain is finding places that can work on exotic cars, imagine having to ship your car off to another state when you want work done on it, or everyday freaking out about any kind of dings or scratches, and always having to watch everywhere you drive to make sure you don't curb rash your rims, butttttttttt it is fun to hit the gas and you know your going fast when even bikes can't keep up! Actually speed is kinda like the rush I get with bass, just awesome! I've got a clean driving record so this Triax needs to keep me home so I can stay single and stay out of trouble! Triax where are you? eek.gif

I hear ya... When I had my Acura RSX (which had a 6 page spread in Honda Tuning Magazine, and still is nothing like what you have), I used to dread taking it anywhere due to getting dinged or haters keying the car. I even had my car keyed a SPOCOM one year where the car was being shown! Now that I have sold the car I find I don't dread where I drive my car anymore.

I now will only put what money I have in the HT.

Sorry for the off course.. Back to the Triax waiting for me.
Blackmambakila likes this.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #748 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I had posted a link in the PSA thread but its specifically for the UMIK-1, so not sure that it'd apply to other mics: http://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/umik-1-setup-with-rew
ellisr63 likes this.

Denon X4000
Power Sound Audio (MT-110 / MTM-210C / MT-110)
Oppo BDP-103
Dual Power Sound Audio Triaxes
Sony KDL60W630B
post #749 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I hear ya... When I had my Acura RSX (which had a 6 page spread in Honda Tuning Magazine, and still is nothing like what you have), I used to dread taking it anywhere due to getting dinged or haters keying the car. I even had my car keyed a SPOCOM one year where the car was being shown! Now that I have sold the car I find I don't dread where I drive my car anymore.

It's nice to just be home and crank some music or watch some movies, so much less stress. Just think, when you get your Triax and the bass trembles through your bones, it will be like the rush when your racing, and we don't have to worry about speeding tickets smile.gif This HT thing is a lot of fun, frustrating sometimes but actually is pretty awesome. I'm already planning my future build, this bedroom setup is just to get my feet wet and kill some time.
ellisr63 likes this.

Dual PSA Triaxes!
post #750 of 3537 Old 10-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:

I thought somebody posted a link or a how to for a mac version of REW. It would be perfect if it worked. I will have to wrestle the macbook from my daughter. I can run up to Guitar center and get any microphones or tools needed. Let us and me know what you discover. I remember last spring at Gorillas GTG, there was lots of measuring equipment and I just did not really understand allot of it. Certainly my next step.

Guitar / Music stores are great places to pick up stands / booms. One of the great things I found there was an adapter for the Audyssey mic.

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax