Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 52Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
jarretc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

FYI, I had a pretty loud hum when I first plugged it in. I have my other stereo stuff in same circuit so can try to find source of hum in future. I bought .49 cent cheater plug and it is now absolutely silent. I called PSA Friday to ask about using one and they said no problem. They actually use cheater plugs when they are testing etc.

Could you elaborate on what a cheater plug is?

Pioneer VSX-1122-K
Cerwin Vega XLS-215 (Front/Left)
Cerwin Vega XLS-6C (Center)
Dual Triaxes
jarretc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,396
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarretc View Post

Could you elaborate on what a cheater plug is?

a cheater plug is only 2 prong, it has no third leg or field ground. This can sometimes be used to eliminate a 60cycle ground noise. However its intended puropose is to be an adapter to allow connection between a 3 prong power cord and older 2 prong outlet.
ellisr63 likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #813 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
jarretc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

a cheater plug is only 2 prong, it has no third leg or field ground. This can sometimes be used to eliminate a 60cycle ground noise. However its intended puropose is to be an adapter to allow connection between a 3 prong power cord and older 2 prong outlet.

ty sir

Pioneer VSX-1122-K
Cerwin Vega XLS-215 (Front/Left)
Cerwin Vega XLS-6C (Center)
Dual Triaxes
jarretc is offline  
post #814 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

FYI, I had a pretty loud hum when I first plugged it in. I have my other stereo stuff in same circuit so can try to find source of hum in future. I bought .49 cent cheater plug and it is now absolutely silent. I called PSA Friday to ask about using one and they said no problem. They actually use cheater plugs when they are testing etc.

I did the same thing!

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #815 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Member
 
Bigotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've got my gain at the 12 o'clock position, the sub I had there before had no hum, Triax had a hum, Tom said fine to use a cheater plug. Due to past experiences I unplug both subs and both powered speakers when not in use. My side surrounds are DT powered sub towers that had both amps blown in an electric surge using good electric surge protectors.
Bigotis is offline  
post #816 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

I've got my gain at the 12 o'clock position, the sub I had there before had no hum, Triax had a hum, Tom said fine to use a cheater plug. Due to past experiences I unplug both subs and both powered speakers when not in use. My side surrounds are DT powered sub towers that had both amps blown in an electric surge using good electric surge protectors.

I have mine set at 7 on the dial, not 7 o'clock.

The amp on the triax has numbers.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #817 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Member
 
Bigotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I have mine set at 7 on the dial, not 7 o'clock.

The amp on the triax has numbers.
I've been doing yard work all day, I was to tired to pull the sub out to look at the number so I referred to the dial position.
Bigotis is offline  
post #818 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigotis View Post

I've been doing yard work all day, I was to tired to pull the sub out to look at the number so I referred to the dial position.
I have been busy to. It has been a week from he**. I was free for a month and now that the subs came it has been chaos. My Dog went in for surgery and she had to stay overnight, so I had to drive 3 hours round trip the last two days, not to mention the after care. I am also trying to shut down the pool and cover it and the whole time the leaves are begining to fall and pile up. Man O Man!!

However I did manage to get the subs into place today and it was not easy, luckily had some help. They are now out of sight, but they make their presence felt. I have one sub front firing and the other two pointed at each wall on the corner, freaking awesom. On a bad note, I am really not to happy that these amps do not have a standby switch. Now that I have the subs hidden and behind furniture I cannot reach the power switch, they are about two feet out of reach. So, I grabbed a fairly long wooden dowel I had in the garage and put a rubber tip on the end and I now have to use the dowel to power on and off. I have always taken the standby switch for granite, but really how can you complain about the Triax. I am sitting down now and watching the original Incredible Hulk. This one is a bass fest.

I have my gain set on 5 at the moment, probably a little rich. I think I am going to add the mini DSP and mic, so I am going to hold off on the tinkering till I get my new equipment in.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #819 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Here are some additional REW sweeps after removing the old subs from the room and doing some very minor moving. I think I am going to stop until I get the 3rd Triax as I will probably have to do it all again.




3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #820 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Here are some additional REW sweeps after removing the old subs from the room and doing some very minor moving. I think I am going to stop until I get the 3rd Triax as I will probably have to do it all again.




Very nice. smile.gif. That's some serious low end extension. Which DSP program are you using?

Saturn94 is offline  
post #821 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I have a question for those of you who have received their Triax.

I've never ordered anything before that required freight shipping. How exactly does that work? Does the shipping company call to schedule the delivery? How flexible are the delivery times (after work/evenings? Weekends?)?

Mine is scheduled to be built tomorrow....woo hoo!
ellisr63 likes this.

Saturn94 is offline  
post #822 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

Very nice. smile.gif. That's some serious low end extension. Which DSP program are you using?

I have a Denon 4311 with Audyssey XT32 and sub EQ

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #823 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern California, In the HT
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

I have a question for those of you who have received their Triax.

I've never ordered anything before that required freight shipping. How exactly does that work? Does the shipping company call to schedule the delivery? How flexible are the delivery times (after work/evenings? Weekends?)?

Mine is scheduled to be built tomorrow....woo hoo!

Just tell them I will be home and they can drop it off at my house.....smile.gif

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
ellisr63 is offline  
post #824 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
BeeMan458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 8,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Here are some additional REW sweeps...

...eek.gif

Oh what? 7Hz wasn't low enough. Now you have to go and post graphs showing 5Hz? biggrin.gif
BeeMan458 is offline  
post #825 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Member
 
Norcuron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I have been busy to. It has been a week from he**. I was free for a month and now that the subs came it has been chaos. My Dog went in for surgery and she had to stay overnight, so I had to drive 3 hours round trip the last two days, not to mention the after care. I am also trying to shut down the pool and cover it and the whole time the leaves are begining to fall and pile up. Man O Man!!

However I did manage to get the subs into place today and it was not easy, luckily had some help. They are now out of sight, but they make their presence felt. I have one sub front firing and the other two pointed at each wall on the corner, freaking awesom. On a bad note, I am really not to happy that these amps do not have a standby switch. Now that I have the subs hidden and behind furniture I cannot reach the power switch, they are about two feet out of reach. So, I grabbed a fairly long wooden dowel I had in the garage and put a rubber tip on the end and I now have to use the dowel to power on and off. I have always taken the standby switch for granite, but really how can you complain about the Triax. I am sitting down now and watching the original Incredible Hulk. This one is a bass fest.

I have my gain set on 5 at the moment, probably a little rich. I think I am going to add the mini DSP and mic, so I am going to hold off on the tinkering till I get my new equipment in.

I totally agree about the standby. My old SVS had that and I guess I just assumed they all did. It's a bummer flipping the switch all the time. Other than that it's been great.

Marantz AV 8801 Processor
Sunfire Signature Amp 400x7
Oppo DV971H DVD Player
PS3
PS4
Klipsch RF-7
Klispch RS-7
Klipsch RC-7
Sharp Aquos 80; 3D Quattron
Power Sound Audio Triax Subwoofer
Norcuron is offline  
post #826 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

...eek.gif

Oh what? 7Hz wasn't low enough. Now you have to go and post graphs showing 5Hz? biggrin.gif

It is addicting!

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #827 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I totally agree about the standby. My old SVS had that and I guess I just assumed they all did. It's a bummer flipping the switch all the time. Other than that it's been great.

Is there any harm leaving them on all of the time?

I have a kill-a-watt, I will hook it up to see how much they draw when on but not playing.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #828 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
jarretc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

I have a question for those of you who have received their Triax.

I've never ordered anything before that required freight shipping. How exactly does that work? Does the shipping company call to schedule the delivery? How flexible are the delivery times (after work/evenings? Weekends?)?

Mine is scheduled to be built tomorrow....woo hoo!

They call you to schedule when you want it delivered. R&L delivered my XV30F and they don't work on weekends (or at least where I live they dont)

http://www2.rlcarriers.com/freight/us-shipping you'll probably wanna find the closest one to you and call them to see which time frames they can deliver

Pioneer VSX-1122-K
Cerwin Vega XLS-215 (Front/Left)
Cerwin Vega XLS-6C (Center)
Dual Triaxes
jarretc is offline  
post #829 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Is there any harm leaving them on all of the time?

I have a kill-a-watt, I will hook it up to see how much they draw when on but not playing.

When on, but not receiving a signal each triax is using between 21-22 watts. Both together is 43w. I will probably turn them off as I have very easy access to the power buttons. Really though, how much does 21w cost a month?

---just checked an electricity usage calculator. At 22w for 24 hours for a year is about $19.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
4 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in slanted boxes (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
3 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials in Ported Boxes for LCR's
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #830 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

When on, but not receiving a signal each triax is using between 21-22 watts. Both together is 43w. I will probably turn them off as I have very easy access to the power buttons. Really though, how much does 21w cost a month?

---just checked an electricity usage calculator. At 22w for 24 hours for a year is about $19.

I'll probably keep mine on since I'll forget to turn em off anyways. I wonder what the settings for the room size was about? What is the difference with the Triax when set to smaller or larger room size?

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #831 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I'll probably keep mine on since I'll forget to turn em off anyways. I wonder what the settings for the room size was about? What is the difference with the Triax when set to smaller or larger room size?

Hey Black.. The top response line setting is more aggressive for a larger room or a room that has many openings. The less aggressive room response line setting is for smaller sealed rooms (could have openings) that have the characteristic of aiding the SW response in room gain.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #832 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,475
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

Here are some additional REW sweeps after removing the old subs from the room and doing some very minor moving. I think I am going to stop until I get the 3rd Triax as I will probably have to do it all again.




Nice! I get a similar shape from my before any EQ from my submersives. Anyone have any idea what can cause a dip from 12-15 hz?

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #833 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,396
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1686
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Nice! I get a similar shape from my before any EQ from my submersives. Anyone have any idea what can cause a dip from 12-15 hz?

It is recomended to set the rew graph to read 5db incriments on the verticle axis. Looks to me like your not getting alot of room gain below 15hz. You can use the mini dsp to boost the low end or keep trying different placement options.
basshead81 is offline  
post #834 of 3509 Old 10-20-2013, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Hey Black.. The top response line setting is more aggressive for a larger room or a room that has many openings. The less aggressive room response line setting is for smaller sealed rooms (could have openings) that have the characteristic of aiding the SW response in room gain.

Thanks Steve, man I've never seen that feature, sounds pretty useful. I know where I'll have my setting to, the more aggressive one biggrin.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #835 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Nice! I get a similar shape from my before any EQ from my submersives. Anyone have any idea what can cause a dip from 12-15 hz?

I would attribute it to just reg old room response. If you were employing EQ I would attribute it to that since it affects the response to the left or right where your applying to a degree if it were the case. Your dip is so shallow and narrow many would consider it not worth chasing. Your certainly not going to notice it. That being that I understand. wink.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #836 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,475
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

It is recomended to set the rew graph to read 5db incriments on the verticle axis. Looks to me like your not getting alot of room gain below 15hz. You can use the mini dsp to boost the low end or keep trying different placement options.[/quote]

Hey yea bass head, can you remind he how to change it back to 5db increments? I just started this last week and changed it somehow and can't see where to change it back smile.gif

I did get it all leveled out and it's flat to 7hz smile.gif. The WWZ grenade scene made my fiancé give me the "look," saying I am going to damage something. She was serious. It was fewakin awesome! The whole ceiling and above was pulsating and sounded like the house was gonna cave in. Of course I was playing with a 10db house curve rising from 100hz to 30hz then flat to 7 eeeK!

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #837 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Thanks Steve, man I've never seen that feature, sounds pretty useful. I know where I'll have my setting to, the more aggressive one biggrin.gif

OH! eek.gif I didn’t doubt that in the least! I thought about saying like you’re going to . biggrin.gif

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
post #838 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

It is recomended to set the rew graph to read 5db incriments on the verticle axis. Looks to me like your not getting alot of room gain below 15hz. You can use the mini dsp to boost the low end or keep trying different placement options.

Hey yea bass head, can you remind he how to change it back to 5db increments? I just started this last week and changed it somehow and can't see where to change it back smile.gif

I did get it all leveled out and it's flat to 7hz smile.gif. The WWZ grenade scene made my fiancé give me the "look," saying I am going to damage something. She was serious. It was fewakin awesome! The whole ceiling and above was pulsating and sounded like the house was gonna cave in. Of course I was playing with a 10db house curve rising from 100hz to 30hz then flat to 7 eeeK![/quote]

I can't wait to get setup up for that WWZ grenade scene, I'll bet you had a grin on your face when your fiancé was prob thinkin the walls would collapse!
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #839 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

OH! eek.gif I didn’t doubt that in the least! I thought about saying like you’re going to . biggrin.gif


I've got my movies seperated, one list if just to watch with the Triax and the others just whenever. Hangover III was funny! Man just like how After Earth made me want to slap myself, well I was desperate to find something else on my movie list and watched The Purge. Awwwwww I was even closer to slapping myself this time eek.gif. All the cool movies I have on the shelf for just the Triax lol.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #840 of 3509 Old 10-21-2013, 12:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
steve nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I've got my movies seperated, one list if just to watch with the Triax and the others just whenever. Hangover III was funny! Man just like how After Earth made me want to slap myself, well I was desperate to find something else on my movie list and watched The Purge. Awwwwww I was even closer to slapping myself this time eek.gif. All the cool movies I have on the shelf for just the Triax lol.

Hu! I have never have seen those movies, there are some good ones coming up though. I'm hoping ELYSIUM is good.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
steve nn is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off