Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
nfraso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

What's the deal with the Triax in the ULF thread... They have it at 20hz only hitting 105db,. I thought someone posted they hit 130db.

Um, a Triax is going to need drivers with over 5" of one-way travel to hit 130dB @ 20Hz 1m outside. tongue.gif
oneeyeblind likes this.
nfraso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

No way on earth the Triax hits 130db @ 20hz. 105db @ 20hz is a 2m rms spec which is probably fairly close. above 30hz it will do 130db+.

On a side note has anybody taken Max spl sweeps of thier Triax with REW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Its not gonna hit 130 at 20hz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

Um, a Triax is going to need drivers with over 5" of one-way travel to hit 130dB @ 20Hz 1m outside. tongue.gif

So they must have posted 130db @30hz. tongue.gif

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1533 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
nfraso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post



So they must have posted 130db @30hz. tongue.gif

Needs 58mm xmax to do that at 1m... biggrin.gif
nfraso is offline  
post #1534 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Basshead81 What did you hit # 30hz with the Triax?

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1535 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Its not gonna hit 130 at 20hz.

Lol! Dang someone's confident, I like it!

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1536 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1338
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Basshead81 What did you hit # 30hz with the Triax?

I dont have a Triax. I have 3 XV15's.
basshead81 is offline  
post #1537 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I dont have a Triax. I have 3 XV15's.

If I didn't live so far I'd except an invite biggrin.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1538 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
What the ?? Someone just bided $1625.00 on my trinity and there's 4 days still left. Is there a way that someone fake could be playing a game?

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1539 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
nfraso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

What the ?? Someone just bided $1625.00 on my trinity and there's 4 days still left. Is there a way that someone fake could be playing a game?

It's certainly possible because the bidder has 0 feedback.
nfraso is offline  
post #1540 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

It's certainly possible because the bidder has 0 feedback.

Man so is there a way you can keep fake people from messing up the auction? I was hoping ebay was pretty legit eek.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1541 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Saturn94,

Thanks for the info so far! smile.gif

Just humor me on the multiple graphs with the DSP button in and out - it's a worthwhile endeavor since measurements take almost no time once you're setup & measuring. And, if/when you get time, restrict the graphs to 10-100Hz if you don't mind...just makes it easier to compare and make suggestions for your single PEQ. Also set the window display to Hann instead of Tukey or whatever it's at.

By looking at your response in both mains and subs, it's looking like you have major room modes at 57Hz and somewhere around 110Hz? But, that's just what it is. smile.gif Perhaps some of that can be fixed with some fiddling. You'll get there.

I'm also curious how you have the Triax oriented. I wonder if changing its position by a few inches or rotating it slightly would impact your results. Sometimes the little things make a big difference.

As for movies, Tron:Legacy is a good one, but does contain a lot of clipping...at least it has some ULF, whereas STID doesn't. The 2009 Star Trek is actually an amazing movie for ULF, by contrast!

You got a world-class sealed sub because you want that stuff under 20Hz. wink.gif Some good recommendations with ULF are found in this thread, but some of my favorites (good movies, not just bassfests) are:

The Incredible Hulk
Looper
Live Free or Die Hard
Serenity
The Hurt Locker
Kon-Tiki
2009 Star Trek
Oblivion
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

That should get you started! smile.gif

As for people claiming the Triax is doing 130dB inside their homes at any frequency, it ain't happening unless you're sitting on the thing. It's no doubt a great sub, but it ain't magic. smile.gif
nube is offline  
post #1542 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
nfraso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Man so is there a way you can keep fake people from messing up the auction? I was hoping ebay was pretty legit eek.gif

"You can block buyers with too many policy violations, unpaid items, or who aren't registered with PayPal. This can help you dramatically reduce your number of unpaid items. To access this tool, go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements."

I think you can also cancel a zero feedback bidder's bid. Might want to put that into your description/terms though.
Blackmambakila likes this.
nfraso is offline  
post #1543 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfraso View Post

"You can block buyers with too many policy violations, unpaid items, or who aren't registered with PayPal. This can help you dramatically reduce your number of unpaid items. To access this tool, go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements."

I think you can also cancel a zero feedback bidder's bid. Might want to put that into your description/terms though.

Man thanks! I wasn't even thinking about fake bidders, everything was going good until someone just came out of nowhere and jumped the gun too early to be realistic, plus I don't see any info on him, everybody else was real. Cool, I'm going to check my preferences! eek.gif

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1544 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Man so is there a way you can keep fake people from messing up the auction? I was hoping ebay was pretty legit eek.gif
I believe you can restrict bidding to only ones that have x amount of positive feedback. Also you can offer it to the next lowest bidder (at their highest bid) if the winner flakes.

The only time I have ever had a problem selling on eBay was when I was selling 6 Celestion speakers and some guy asked if I would ship to Germany and I said no. Next thing I know is he wins the bid and wanted me to ship them to him. He entered a dispute and he lost. I sold them to a friend.
Blackmambakila likes this.

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1545 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I believe you can restrict bidding to only ones that have x amount of positive feedback. Also you can offer it to the next lowest bidder (at their highest bid) if the winner flakes.

The only time I have ever had a problem selling on eBay was when I was selling 6 Celestion speakers and some guy asked if I would ship to Germany and I said no. Next thing I know is he wins the bid and wanted me to ship them to him. He entered a dispute and he lost. I sold them to a friend.

Should I require a paypal account for someone to bid? If anyone has a bank account they'd have paypal right?

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1546 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Should I require a paypal account for someone to bid? If anyone has a bank account they'd have paypal right?
Anyone who has a bank account can get a PayPal account but sometimes it takes a few days to get it. I think you can still change it to PayPal required but you might want to check first.

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1547 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Anyone who has a bank account can get a PayPal account but sometimes it takes a few days to get it. I think you can still change it to PayPal required but you might want to check first.

I can set it to paypal account required for bidders. This guy that showed up has no info and history is 0. He's bidding back and forth with someone that I know is real so I'm not sure what I should do because what if this new guy is real? Plus it could look like I'm doing it lol people might think I'm being fake eek.gif
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1548 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

I can set it to paypal account required for bidders. This guy that showed up has no info and history is 0. He's bidding back and forth with someone that I know is real so I'm not sure what I should do because what if this new guy is real? Plus it could look like I'm doing it lol people might think I'm being fake eek.gif
Maybe just ride it out and see. I definitely would make them pay with PayPal though... Don't except Cashiers checks or any kind of check. Cash only or PayPaleven if picked up.

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1549 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Maybe just ride it out and see. I definitely would make them pay with PayPal though... Don't except Cashiers checks or any kind of check. Cash only or PayPaleven if picked up.

So many scams online, it's like everything is infested with scammers eek.gif most the bidders have messages me so if something goes wrong I think I'll just message them at the end and make my own auction since ebay is infested too. biggrin.gif
ellisr63 likes this.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1550 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ellisr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

So many scams online, it's like everything is infested with scammers eek.gif most the bidders have messages me so if something goes wrong I think I'll just message them at the end and make my own auction since ebay is infested too. biggrin.gif
Don't forget that eBay posts in the messages that if you try to sell it off of eBay they are to be wary of a possible scam.

Denon 4520ci, 3 JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, 3 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, 4 Klipsch HIPs, 2 Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, 3 Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000u, and a Yamaha P7000s.
ellisr63 is online now  
post #1551 of 3438 Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Don't forget that eBay posts in the messages that if you try to sell it off of eBay they are to be wary of a possible scam.

I'll just give my number to the most promising buyer, if my auction gets hijacked off course. Even craigslist is slammed with scammers, it's crazy these days!

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #1552 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,902
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 208
For those of you posting numbers of spl this was from the JTR speaker thread. If I remember right he now has 20 subs in his room. 8 being 21's, several Maelstrom 18's, a couple G-Horn tapped horn subs, and a few 15's. Terrible description I know but it gives you and idea. Any the quote...


well, I just got my other 4 x FTW 21's dialed in with my other 4 and the G-horn..... So far, from seating pos, 141dB at 20hz and 132dB@ 8hz..... with less than 1% distortion and there is easily a few more dB's in the tank, I just can't stand to be in the same room, you can feel your brain compressing

I'm not a ruler flat person, I tweak to personal preference, subs are 15dB's hot for music and 10 for movies. It's finally happened, I can't stand to be in my own room!

Now I just need my new center and I'll be happy...... until I have to buy a 4K projector and new Processor hahaha
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #1553 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Member
 
stm69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

Right, the first half should be here no later than the 12th.

Everything else is here. Should be quite a few Triax shipments in the next 2-3 business days. Everything through all of September(or very nearly so).

Probably won't make you feel any better JC but you're near the top of the build list I have in front of me right now.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Hey Tom,

How about if we scratch out JC and put down SG and I drive up from Cincinnati and pickup a Triax tomorrow? Bring you some stuff from Staples! <- inside joke smile.gif

Sam

stm69 is offline  
post #1554 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
morrischestnut60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I believe you can restrict bidding to only ones that have x amount of positive feedback. Also you can offer it to the next lowest bidder (at their highest bid) if the winner flakes.

The only time I have ever had a problem selling on eBay was when I was selling 6 Celestion speakers and some guy asked if I would ship to Germany and I said no. Next thing I know is he wins the bid and wanted me to ship them to him. He entered a dispute and he lost. I sold them to a friend.

I block

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

He needs to block fakers or he is going to be charged fees even if they don't pay. He will have to request a "cancel transaction" with the buyer who probably won't respond. Then he will have to wait a few days before he can submit a non-paying bidder request....................grrrrrrrrr. Annoying people.biggrin.gif HATE these folks.tongue.gif
ellisr63 likes this.

Politics is like religion. You never know who you serve.
morrischestnut60 is offline  
post #1555 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrischestnut60 View Post

I block

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

He needs to block fakers or he is going to be charged fees even if they don't pay. He will have to request a "cancel transaction" with the buyer who probably won't respond. Then he will have to wait a few days before he can submit a non-paying bidder request....................grrrrrrrrr. Annoying people.biggrin.gif HATE these folks.tongue.gif

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is you should never post about an auction you have going. There's just too many haters and scammers to take a chance.
ellisr63 likes this.

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is offline  
post #1556 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
 
BeeMan458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 8,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

well, I just got my other 4 x FTW 21's dialed in with my other 4 and the G-horn..... So far, from seating pos, 141dB at 20hz and 132dB@ 8hz..... with less than 1% distortion and there is easily a few more dB's in the tank, I just can't stand to be in the same room, you can feel your brain compressing

...eek.gif

It's always nice to have an excuse for why one has the brain waves they have.

...tongue.gif
BeeMan458 is offline  
post #1557 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Saturn94,

Thanks for the info so far! smile.gif

Just humor me on the multiple graphs with the DSP button in and out - it's a worthwhile endeavor since measurements take almost no time once you're setup & measuring. And, if/when you get time, restrict the graphs to 10-100Hz if you don't mind...just makes it easier to compare and make suggestions for your single PEQ. Also set the window display to Hann instead of Tukey or whatever it's at.

By looking at your response in both mains and subs, it's looking like you have major room modes at 57Hz and somewhere around 110Hz? But, that's just what it is. smile.gif Perhaps some of that can be fixed with some fiddling. You'll get there.

I'm also curious how you have the Triax oriented. I wonder if changing its position by a few inches or rotating it slightly would impact your results. Sometimes the little things make a big difference.

As for movies, Tron:Legacy is a good one, but does contain a lot of clipping...at least it has some ULF, whereas STID doesn't. The 2009 Star Trek is actually an amazing movie for ULF, by contrast!

You got a world-class sealed sub because you want that stuff under 20Hz. wink.gif Some good recommendations with ULF are found in this thread, but some of my favorites (good movies, not just bassfests) are:

The Incredible Hulk
Looper
Live Free or Die Hard
Serenity
The Hurt Locker
Kon-Tiki
2009 Star Trek
Oblivion
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

That should get you started! smile.gif

As for people claiming the Triax is doing 130dB inside their homes at any frequency, it ain't happening unless you're sitting on the thing. It's no doubt a great sub, but it ain't magic. smile.gif

Next time I get a chance to measure I'll take those measurements you requested. Btw, I have no idea what Hann and Tukey are. Is that something I find in REW's settings? I guess right now it's set for whatever REW defaults to.

The Triax is a tight fit, so I have little to no room for different positions. I'll see what I can do. I did read where Josh Ricci did an experiment with sub orientation in a corner. He found that dual opposed designs (I'm guessing the same would apply to the Triax) didn't exhibit any change in response when rotated in place. Here's a pic showing orientation of my Triax.


Thanks for the movie suggestions. I do have ST 2009, so I'll give it a try. smile.gif

Edit: I found these settings in REW under the Analysis tab:

Impulse Response Window Defaults

Left side: Tukey 0.25
Right side: Tukey 0.25
Spectral Decay left: Hann
Spectral Decay right: Tukey 0.25
Spectrogram left: Gaussian
Spectrogram right: Gaussian
"Set IR Window Widths Automatically" is checked.

What do I need to change?
ellisr63 likes this.

Saturn94 is offline  
post #1558 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Just re-watched Dredd last night - WOW!!!

Totally different experience with the Triax's compared to my ported subs.
ellisr63 likes this.

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #1559 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Saturn94,

Hot DAMN that is a fine looking sub! eek.gif Congrats. cool.gif

In case you had the sub too close to the wall or something, I was gonna recommend a position like you have the Triax now to get the drivers away from the walls. You might still mess around with placement that has a driver facing each wall (but maybe 8-10" from the walls) and one shooting out into the room 45 degrees from each wall. Kinda just rotate it 45 deg and see if you can scoot it out from the wall a bit. I doubt it'll make too much difference, but you never know! smile.gif

I say that because I've tried my dual opposed subs in a myriad of corner firing directions and it made very little difference. However, bringing them out from the wall a few inches made a small but noticeable difference, as did moving them down one of the walls a foot or so away from the corner. I know you're limited in where you can put it, so any little tweaks in response from that position will be helpful.

As for the window display settings, yeah it's in REW, and I'll quote bosso: "In preferences in REW, change the windowing from its default Tukey to Hann."

raynist,

Yeah, ported subs can't do that ultra low frequency stuff like a competent sealed design, eh? smile.gif Ignorance is bliss with regards to ULF.
ellisr63 likes this.
nube is offline  
post #1560 of 3438 Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Saturn94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Saturn94,

Hot DAMN that is a fine looking sub! eek.gif Congrats. cool.gif

In case you had the sub too close to the wall or something, I was gonna recommend a position like you have the Triax now to get the drivers away from the walls. You might still mess around with placement that has a driver facing each wall (but maybe 8-10" from the walls) and one shooting out into the room 45 degrees from each wall. Kinda just rotate it 45 deg and see if you can scoot it out from the wall a bit. I doubt it'll make too much difference, but you never know! smile.gif

I say that because I've tried my dual opposed subs in a myriad of corner firing directions and it made very little difference. However, bringing them out from the wall a few inches made a small but noticeable difference, as did moving them down one of the walls a foot or so away from the corner. I know you're limited in where you can put it, so any little tweaks in response from that position will be helpful.

As for the window display settings, yeah it's in REW, and I'll quote bosso: "In preferences in REW, change the windowing from its default Tukey to Hann."

raynist,

Yeah, ported subs can't do that ultra low frequency stuff like a competent sealed design, eh? smile.gif Ignorance is bliss with regards to ULF.

Thanks Nube. smile.gif. PSA did a great job on this sub.

I'll see what I can do with positioning.

I don't know if you saw my post edit yet, but there are several settings in REW under Window Defaults. Do you know which I need to change?
ellisr63 likes this.

Saturn94 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio Triax

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off