Official PSA Triax Thread - Page 82 - AVS Forum
First ... 80  81  82 83  84  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official PSA Triax Thread
ellisr63's Avatar ellisr63 01:25 AM 12-06-2013
I think we cracked our hardwood floor with the TRIAX... I noticed the other day that we now have 2 cracks in the floor (running along the edge of the board about 3 feet long... I can't see if it goes any longer as it is under the trim) about 6' from the Triax. I don't know for sure that it was caused by the Triax but it developed a week after the Triax was installed (during which time we had cranked it up for a couple of minutes).

Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 06:01 AM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I think we cracked our hardwood floor with the TRIAX... I noticed the other day that we now have 2 cracks in the floor (running along the edge of the board about 3 feet long... I can't see if it goes any longer as it is under the trim) about 6' from the Triax. I don't know for sure that it was caused by the Triax but it developed a week after the Triax was installed (during which time we had cranked it up for a couple of minutes).

Yes!! Thats good news, the beast is unleashing its power!
ellisr63's Avatar ellisr63 10:50 AM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Yes!! Thats good news, the beast is unleashing its power!
Except as owner of the house I need to pay to get it fixed.
BeeMan458's Avatar BeeMan458 10:52 AM 12-06-2013
You can always leave it and declare the crack a hominoid artifact of historical significance.

...tongue.gif

-
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 01:10 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

A couple of minutes?? What's going on over there, that baby should be cranked for hours. biggrin.gif

I have noticed no damage yet, but I find stuff on the floor in rooms that should not have stuff on the floor. I also hear stuff crashing and breaking in the distance quite often.
ellisr63's Avatar ellisr63 01:32 PM 12-06-2013
We normally listen at -20... It was only the one time at reference with the sub at 0 which is 8db hot.
Ozzie Isaac's Avatar Ozzie Isaac 01:57 PM 12-06-2013
Bummer about the wood floor! That makes the triax expensive! I wonder if PSA warrantys ceilings collapsing on it?
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 02:59 PM 12-06-2013
I keep hearing all this talk about craking floors and drywall, so some of ya must be pushing the Triax(s) pretty hard...however nobody has taken any REW max spl sweeps? You guys got 3-10k invested in subwoofers but no measuring gear? Trolol
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 03:12 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I keep hearing all this talk about craking floors and drywall, so some of ya must be pushing the Triax(s) pretty hard...however nobody has taken any REW max spl sweeps? You guys got 3-10k invested in subwoofers but no measuring gear? Trolol

Im waiting on getting another laptop to do some measuring, ive been cranking mine up and once my 2nd Triax is here next week ill have both them bringing down the house. My floors concrete but im waiting for one of my ceiling lamps to blow apart! biggrin.gif ive got ceiling drop coming down like its snowing, its pretty!
raynist's Avatar raynist 03:16 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:

Quote:

The 100db sweeps I did got me in the dog house, I wouldn't be able to do Max tests unless I am the only one home that that is a rarity.

I trust black will not let us down though!
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 04:37 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

The 100db sweeps I did got me in the dog house, I wouldn't be able to do Max tests unless I am the only one home that that is a rarity.

I dont worry about anyone sleeping here, the Triax wakes them up lol. Everyone loves it and thinks its funny when the house shakes, my basement is like an underground bunker and everything is sealed from traveling outside. Im going to crank both Triaxes like theres no tomorrow! Then ill upgrade the HT speakers and relocate my neighborhood to another side of town biggrin.gif i wish i was knowledgable with room measuring but im sure with some time ill have off I can start learning. I cant wait to get my 2nd triax mug! eek.gif
Slingblayde's Avatar Slingblayde 09:06 PM 12-06-2013
I cranked the grenade scene from WWZ and went out on the front lawn, the pot lights and soffit were rattling when I played it at Ref, and thats with just 2 XV-15's, I cant even imagine what 2 Triax's is going to be like.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:42 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

3 Triax's and you only run them @ 100db?? Thats Neglect...tongue.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 10:20 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

I cranked the grenade scene from WWZ and went out on the front lawn, the pot lights and soffit were rattling when I played it at Ref, and thats with just 2 XV-15's, I cant even imagine what 2 Triax's is going to be like.

I remember with my Trinity that when I played the grenade scene I didn't know what everyone was riled up about, with the Triax I found out that the Trinity wasn't even playing the scene! Now I crank that scene to the max and it's insane! One of the best demo scenes I have so far. The Triax is extremely explosive during playback! I can't wait to crank both of them and plus I'll be making a long video of them at work with different demos and what not. biggrin.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 10:22 PM 12-06-2013
Quote:

3 Triax's and you only run them @ 100db?? Thats Neglect...tongue.gif

This is speaker neglect, it needs to be reported to SFS, (speaker family services)!!! Lol. tongue.gif
boarder1995's Avatar boarder1995 07:40 AM 12-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

This is speaker neglect, it needs to be reported to SFS, (speaker family services)!!! Lol. tongue.gif

I hope they can keep the Triax set together - it's so sad when siblings get separated when put into Speaker Protective Service homes. Someone loving will eventually take them in, otherwise they'll be on their own when they reach adulthood.

WE NEED MORE PICS of y'alls sub(s)! Anyone have a direct comparison to the SubM? Particularly in sound quality or characteristics? Just personal perceptions even would be helpful. Thanks!
Dustcap's Avatar Dustcap 12:53 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post

Anyone have a direct comparison to the SubM? Particularly in sound quality or characteristics? Just personal perceptions even would be helpful.

+1

Personally I think this is the question that really matters: How does the Triax compare to the top dog subs in the ID market, the SubM and the Captivator S1 or S2? I'm not interested in output at all, for each of these competitors should have more spl capabillity than I could ever use. Discussions about high power subs in internet forums seem to concentrate too much on output, often disregarding the fact that spl at this level of performance is secondary. What's really interesting is a comparison of pure sound quality. Which one plays cleaner, tighter and more precise and detailed? What about dynamics, how do they perform with music (I'm not only a home theater guy)? And as I don't always listen at insane levels, which one plays better at non-reference levels?

I know given the two month availabillity of the Triax it is still pretty early for detailed comparisons, but maybe someone who already heard both can write something, even if he has to rely on memories. A comparison of both subs would be in particular interesting for many potential customers in the light of the announced price increase of the SubM between January and March 2014, hence the SubM will loose its cost advantage and the Seaton, the Triax and the Cap S 2 will be put at the same price point.

Also it's high time to announce the first GTG with the participation of the Triax, the SubM and the Cap S1 or S2...rolleyes.gifcool.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 12:20 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustcap View Post

+1

Personally I think this is the question that really matters: How does the Triax compare to the top dog subs in the ID market, the SubM and the Captivator S1 or S2? I'm not interested in output at all, for each of these competitors should have more spl capabillity than I could ever use. Discussions about high power subs in internet forums seem to concentrate too much on output, often disregarding the fact that spl at this level of performance is secondary. What's really interesting is a comparison of pure sound quality. Which one plays cleaner, tighter and more precise and detailed? What about dynamics, how do they perform with music (I'm not only a home theater guy)? And as I don't always listen at insane levels, which one plays better at non-reference levels?

I know given the two month availabillity of the Triax it is still pretty early for detailed comparisons, but maybe someone who already heard both can write something, even if he has to rely on memories. A comparison of both subs would be in particular interesting for many potential customers in the light of the announced price increase of the SubM between January and March 2014, hence the SubM will loose its cost advantage and the Seaton, the Triax and the Cap S 2 will be put at the same price point.

Also it's high time to announce the first GTG with the participation of the Triax, the SubM and the Cap S1 or S2...rolleyes.gifcool.gif

Good post, I agree a comparison on dynamics and sound quality will help future sales. Also there are many people looking to upgrade to get more output so both purposes will push sales higher. So far I'd like to think the Triax does amazing in all areas but this is my opinion. I know for movies and games it's def a winner, as for music I've been impressed. When listening at normal volumes it's sound quality seems to match the mood and it's transition is very smooth and settle. It seems to blend in to ones taste and never seems to strain or clip when pushed. I've ran all types of music and the bass just comes in remarkably clean and tight and hits notes like they should sound. For me it has made the price for what I paid and free shipping worth every penny. It's been a very satisfying purchase and I'm confident it will compete well with any competition within its price range.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 01:39 PM 12-10-2013
Woohoooo! My 2 Triax ships today!!! This weekend sounds like itll be a blast!!! I think ill try both triaxs to the left and right of my tv and see how it goes. Im hoping this will work because itd also look the best. "R.I.P. House"!
BeeMan458's Avatar BeeMan458 01:42 PM 12-10-2013
...biggrin.gif

With all this Winter like weather, hope they get delivered without delay.

Our subs are still being held hostage by UPS and they haven't sent us a list of their demands. Others are telling me how they're going be held until after the Christmas/New Year's parties and I'll have to clean cocktail sauce off the protective screens. eek.gif

I'm terribly fearful for their safety.

(congrats on your good news)
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 01:57 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

...biggrin.gif

With all this Winter like weather, hope they get delivered without delay.

Our subs are still being held hostage by UPS and they haven't sent us a list of their demands. Others are telling me how they're going be held until after the Christmas/New Year's parties and I'll have to clean cocktail sauce off the protective screens. eek.gif

I'm terribly fearful for their safety.

(congrats on your good news)

Thanks Beeman! The Triax cannot be stopped by snow, its supersonic waves will blast through an avalanche! I will be meeting it at my door friday, we have a boring neighborhood to wake up! biggrin.gif
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 02:01 PM 12-10-2013
Xs30 #2 is scheduled for 10am delivery tomorrow smile.gif
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 02:59 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Xs30 #2 is scheduled for 10am delivery tomorrow smile.gif

Is exciting to have a dual setup planned, so where are you planning on locating the 2nd one?
Brian Fineberg's Avatar Brian Fineberg 03:16 PM 12-10-2013
Under right main. So one on each side of the console
Saturn94's Avatar Saturn94 05:18 PM 12-10-2013
All this talk of people getting additional PSA subs makes me want to get another. biggrin.gif. The wallet says no. frown.gif

Congrats to those getting their new PSA subs soon. smile.gif Don't forget the pics and graphs!
bulls's Avatar bulls 06:37 PM 12-10-2013
bon the psa is the amp really on the side?
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 12:04 PM 12-11-2013

This is daily damage around my house. This was no where near my set up! Wife is going to be a little pissed, she has a whole row of candles above the sink here and the rest are all on the floor smashed biggrin.gif
bulls's Avatar bulls 12:25 PM 12-11-2013
youre gonna sleep on your subwoofer tonight
Reefdvr27's Avatar Reefdvr27 02:14 PM 12-11-2013
Quote:

I have an Omni mic and a new windows laptop to run it considering everything I have is apple. Don't count me as you guys.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 03:39 PM 12-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I have an Omni mic and a new windows laptop to run it considering everything I have is apple. Don't count me as you guys.

Im buying my sister a laptop for christmas, what she doesnt know also is that itll be used for room measuring. biggrin.gif
Tags: Power Sound Audio Triax
First ... 80  81  82 83  84  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop