New SVS Isolation feet - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 91Likes

post #271 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Sure, try a piece of styrofoam, make your own isolation pad or other options if you don't want to spend the $50. First and foremost, try what you want and use what you like and works for you. Don't let anybody's condescending comments convince you to do otherwise.
Paul Simon" "One man's ceiling.....is another man's floor". I played with a songwriter/pianist who had perfect pitch. It drove him nuts when a guitar was out of tune, a guitar which sounded fine to the guitarist (but then guitarists are notoriously amusical). The fact that one person says he hears a difference when an, in this instance, isolation product is employed, while another says he doesn't, means nothing. Studies have proven that absolute phase, though easily measured, is discernible by some listeners and not others. The premise that everything audible can be quantified by measurement is just an assertion. Prove it ;-).

Last edited by BDP24; 06-21-2016 at 01:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Well, here's a different take.

The soundpath feets doesn't remove rattling or erratic vibrations, not even reduce them. But on my SB2000s, what it did was STOP them from jumping around when it plays anything below 30hz.

The stock feets on the SB2000 was causing them to bounce quite a bit, which to me was very annoying. Having 2 of them made it a chore. Yes, I have tried styrofoam with rubber feets stuck onto them, doesn't work. Yes, I've played a piece of black rubber mat under them, they still bounce around like toddlers.

My flooring is tile, so I understand the problem lies with my floor. But since the "cheap" styrofoam and rubber mats didn't work, I resulted to using the soundpath feets. No more bouncing, no more out of place subs after every movie.

You guys can argue about all the science, but in my case it stopped the ONE annoying thing in my room; bouncing subs.

Bedroom Theater
Sony KDL55-W900a | Yamaha RX-A2050 | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R | SVS Ultra Center | Dual SVS SB2000
SVS Prime Satellites SL/SBL SR/SBR | SVS Prime Satellites Height Presence L/R
post #273 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tan View Post

The soundpath feets doesn't remove rattling or erratic vibrations, not even reduce them. But on my SB2000s, what it did was STOP them from jumping around when it plays anything below 30hz.

The stock feets on the SB2000 was causing them to bounce quite a bit, which to me was very annoying. Having 2 of them made it a chore. Yes, I have tried styrofoam with rubber feets stuck onto them, doesn't work. Yes, I've played a piece of black rubber mat under them, they still bounce around like toddlers.

My flooring is tile, so I understand the problem lies with my floor. But since the "cheap" styrofoam and rubber mats didn't work, I resulted to using the soundpath feets. No more bouncing, no more out of place subs after every movie.

You guys can argue about all the science, but in my case it stopped the ONE annoying thing in my room; bouncing subs.
The isolation feet have flexibility and cushion to them. Kind of like little rubber shock absorbers. They are nothing like hard, solid rubber feet, such as the ones that came on my RBH subs or many other subs.

Current game room setup> Onkyo HT-RC560, Pioneer FS52 fronts, C22 center, C22 side surrounds, JBL Loft 40 rear surrounds. SVS PB12-NSD x2, PC12-NSD x2, PC-2000 subs. Vivitek DH559 1080p DLP projector w/100" screen, LG 60" 1080p Plasma. LG Blu-Ray player, XBONE, PS4.
post #274 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tan View Post

See---defective sub ;-).
post #275 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
The isolation feet have flexibility and cushion to them. Kind of like little rubber shock absorbers. They are nothing like hard, solid rubber feet, such as the ones that came on my RBH subs or many other subs.
The stock feets are made of rubber as well. They're just too shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
See---defective sub ;-).
Sure, defective.

Bedroom Theater
Sony KDL55-W900a | Yamaha RX-A2050 | Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R | SVS Ultra Center | Dual SVS SB2000
SVS Prime Satellites SL/SBL SR/SBR | SVS Prime Satellites Height Presence L/R
post #276 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Collarbone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
^^^
Does that gal's collarbone look odd to anyone else?
So it's the collarbone that caught your eye?

Anyway, I went to 3 hardware stores and searched online yesterday. The best I could come up with was 4 panhead screws (could not find ANY metric carriage bolts, which would be smoother) and 4 1/4" thick x 1 1/2", very stiff felt stick-ons. I will dig up some mono recordings and compare. Wish my Rotel had a balance control. If I don't hear a difference, I'll go with the felt. It slides easier.
post #277 of 277 Old 06-21-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WOW.

Unreal this thread. I find it so odd that people claiming to be scientist resist experimentation so much . Makes me think of my own biases and how they elude myself...

Well. At this point I am pretty sure the Soundpath works to remove vibrations, without personally having tried them. I have a SB-1000 and a SB-2000. The latter really vibrates when movies go off with explosions when close to reference levels. To assert that most vibrations come from sound energy through the air is not having measured the movements of the sb-2000 or a more powerful sub that does not have dual, opposing woofers.

I also find it odd that people cant see a difference in frequency response when testing/measuring close to reference. The vibrations/trattles MAKE SOUNDS, and they ARE NOT SUBTLE. How is it they dont appear in your FR charts?? Are you looking for difference in the actual output of the sub or are you looking for differences in the whole spectrum?

On a side but related note, keep in mind that a few pages after "2+2", things tend to get less precise. It's more about approximation. WOW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page