Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post

I'd go FV15HP or XV30f based on your criteria. I have a 30f in a similar scenario where tv room is half the total room size but with 22' ceilings.. around 8k^3. The 30f gets plenty loud...I'm not stressing it.. but the room really saps the output under 30Hz.

One of those subs in your room shouldn't sound bad at all. You might run into a desire to get a 2nd sub for more even coverage down the road but then again you may not. I doubt you'd find the output of the 1 sub lacking unless you turn out to be an uber bass head. wink.gif

Just so frustrating. In my old house I had a room that was around 15' x 25' with 20' ceilings and had a single 10" Klipsch sub and it seemed adequate to me. I am not willing to fill my room up with speakers to have audiophile sound that I will probably never appreciate but would like to have a decent sound system. I think I have decided that I'll give up a little floor space and go with the Rhythmik FV15HP. I just wish there was an obvious choice. I assume most ppl here would favor the FV15HP over the PB 12 Plus(not cylinder). I would think that the difference between what I had and the new system would be quite a step up.

Thanks for everyone's help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
The FV15HP, PC13, or XV30 are all great choices for that size of room imo...however the Rythmik would be my first choice.
Janibrewski likes this.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Fv15hp Subwoofer , Xs30

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page