post #31 of 33 Old 11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by markelbat View Post

I've only hooked up the one and it sounds great. I'm waiting for a y connector to get the other one on line. It definitely improved the performance of the Polk M20s. Now I have EMP E55Tis and they sound even better. I don't think I'll experience the full impact until I have both subs connected and watch a movie with some serious bass.

Great. Congratulations on your new subs, I'm sure when they are both hooked up it'll be even better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 11-09-2013, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Congrats on the subs. Have you considered a front projector? You seem to be able to mount a 110" screen or more on that wall

Thanks. The viewing position is about 11' from the wall, so I think a 65" TV will do the trick. And we won't be able to darken the room during the day since it's open to the rest of the great room and foyer.

post #33 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I am sitting about 12' from a 110" screen. If you can close the window blinds, there are lots of bright pj that work in the family room. The two biggest upgrades I ever made are subwoofer and going with front pj instead of plasma/LCD TV. Head over to the front pj forum and read on- there are lots of folks having front pj in their living room and happy with the viewing experience. Do it and thanks me later.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1020 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Polk Audio M20 Speaker 2 Way Black , Bic Venturi Dv32clr 3 5 Inch Center Channel Speaker , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Xs30 , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4
Gear in this thread - Pb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page