I'm new to the home audio in general, but I've been learning a lot over the past few months. I just purchased a BIC America F12 subwoofer, but I'm not sure that it is configured correctly/appropriately as I'm not noticing major bass improvements. My setup is as follows:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V373
Fronts: Polk Montior 75T
Center: Polk Monitor 25C
Sub: BIC F12 connected via LFE
Can anyone help in configuring the subwoofer and/or receiver?
Thanks in advance!!
1. If you ran YPAO, set all your speakers to small and crossover frequency to 80Hz for a start. Most probably your speakers are set to Large.
2. Bypass low pass filter on BIC sub by dialling LPF knob to its max position.
3. Set the Dynamic Range Compression to Maximum in the AVR. In yammies, maximum DRC means no compression and maximum preservation of dynamic range.
4. Push the sub trim level in AVR close to 00. Don't go past it. If it is already in positive, increase the gain on the sub itself to between 10-12 o clock position and back off sub trim level in avr to 00.
Give it a listen and post your impressions. Btw, how big is your room?
The problem was that the speaker size for my fronts was set to large in the receiver settings. What is a bit odd though is that I couldn't change the speaker size to small until after I reset my receiver to factory settings; I'm really not sure why I couldn't alter this value for the fronts while I could for the center. After this, I re-ran YPAO, changed the speaker size for my fronts and center to small, and also increased the gain on the sub from roughly -5 to 0. As for the settings on the sub, I have the toggle switch to "PRO LOGIC RECEIVER", the crossover is at max, and the volume is at roughly 3.5 - everything sounds great now!
I'll have to look at the dynamic range compression later today when my roommate wakes up.
My room size is about 15x15, give or take. I was originally concerned the room was too small for a 12 inch sub, but I think it is perfect now that I've heard everything.
No room is small when it comes to subs. Get the biggest sub your pocket can afford. It's always to have more and use less than to have less and crave for more.
|Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer , Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Polk Audio Monitor 75t Four Way Ported Floorstanding Speaker , Polk Audio Monitor 25c Two Way Center Channel Speaker Single Black|
- ACHIM Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor AreaRating: 4.55
1448 ReviewsMore on Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor AreaPrice: $46.43DeWalt DCS373B DeWalt 20V Max MetalRating:
No ReviewsMore on DCS373B DeWalt 20V Max MetalPrice: $172.53DeWalt - DEWB DCS373B 20V CordlessRating: 0.00
414 ReviewsMore on - DEWB DCS373B 20V CordlessPrice: $172.53