PLEASE HELP! KLIPSCH SW110 SUB. NO SOUND! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello!

i'm going insane trying to figure out whats wrong with my setup!

I just returned my subwoofer thinking its defective! got a brand new sealed box replacement...

I started with a 15ft coaxial cable rated at 18awg its high quality cable.

everything done by the manuals, connected to the correct terminal; LFE, then to the sub line in of my yamaha rx-v657. When i go in speaker sound test, i could hear the sub but only when i turn the volume really high. But when I play music, sub doesn't output any sound. My front klipsch towers work perfectly. I tried both connections on my receiver(it has inputs for 2subs).

I have no idea what to do. i had a hkts210(similar to hkts200) sub and it worked perfectly with the receiver, it came with its own sub cable, but it was thinner rca type, not thick like coaxial cable i have.

isn't the sw110 supposed to be a better more powerful sub. i got it because i only paid $175 for it brand new!

i wrote to yamaha, and they don't know whats wrong.

am i using wrong cable?. I heard coaxial digital cable should work perfectly, supposed to be better than rca.

please help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 05:46 PM

Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoctane View Post

everything done by the manuals, connected to the correct terminal; LFE, then to the sub line in of my yamaha rx-v657.

---snip---

please help

I don't know if your above is a typo, but you should be connecting to the Yamaha's sub out. On the back of the RX-V657, it's labeled; Pre-Out Sub Woofer.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. yes, the pre-sub out.

i didnt know things could get so complicated. its a sub and a receiver not space shuttle docking lol
post #4 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM

Liked: 801
Is the subwoofer levels slider in the AVR menu, turned up?

What all have you done to make sure everything is set properly?
post #5 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
The first thing I would do along with Bee’s suggestions are unplug your cable from the back of your receiver. Now turn your SW amp up and then tap the end of your cable (male pin) and see if you hear a thump thump. If so your cable is most likely fine and SW amp. Most likely a setting then.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #6 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

thanks guys!

yes it makes a loud thump when i do that. but i just can't seem to get this thing to output any sound. its so strange, brand new sealed out of the box! receiver is also new only a month old. i have extended warranty on the receiver but i'm sure its not the receiver.

i have gone through its settings in ypao menu, sw is turned up. i've also ran the ypao mic setup few times. the rear of the sw has "gain" setting and its turned towards loudest. frequency range dial is at 80hz as recommended in sw manual.

maybe the speaker wire is too long? no clue. waiting for yamaha's tech reply. in their first email they said, try using "subwoofer cable" but i was told that the digital coaxial cable is enough.

i just have two rf-62 2s in the front and one sw110 sub for my small room. the towers are great but i wanted a bit more bass for movie scenes. frustrated. feel like throwing this sub out the window lol

post #7 of 9 Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by redoctane View Post

thanks guys!

yes it makes a loud thump when i do that. but i just can't seem to get this thing to output any sound. its so strange, brand new sealed out of the box! receiver is also new only a month old. i have extended warranty on the receiver but i'm sure its not the receiver.

i have gone through its settings in ypao menu, sw is turned up. i've also ran the ypao mic setup few times. the rear of the sw has "gain" setting and its turned towards loudest. frequency range dial is at 80hz as recommended in sw manual.

maybe the speaker wire is too long? no clue. waiting for yamaha's tech reply. in their first email they said, try using "subwoofer cable" but i was told that the digital coaxial cable is enough.

i just have two rf-62 2s in the front and one sw110 sub for my small room. the towers are great but i wanted a bit more bass for movie scenes. frustrated. feel like throwing this sub out the window lol

Your sub is fine. Set your speakers to small in avr and set 80hz crossover frequency for a start. YPAO may have set them to Large; that's why you are not getting any response from sub during playback.
redoctane and Searching4Bass like this.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Alpine SWR-1223D Slot Ported HT Sub

Dual Dayton RSS390HO-4 Reference 15 Build For HT

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
post #8 of 9 Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart123 View Post

Your sub is fine. Set your speakers to small in avr and set 80hz crossover frequency for a start. YPAO may have set them to Large; that's why you are not getting any response from sub during playback.

That did it!! I set the front speakers to Small in ypao setup.  sub freq.80hz

Wow amazing! this sub is overkill for my small room, 14'x14'x8'  i think itll put cracks in the walls lol

thank you!!

post #9 of 9 Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Um glad it's rockin your world

History is written by those who have hanged heroes ...

The best EQ is no EQ ...

Alpine SWR-1223D Slot Ported HT Sub

Dual Dayton RSS390HO-4 Reference 15 Build For HT

Main System: Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Onkyo 5010, Rythmik FV15HP, PSB S300
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Sw 110 Reference Series 10 Inch 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer