Searching for a new subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently looking to upgrade my subwoofer to something more heart felt. My HT is
Located in the basement of my home with carpeted concrete floors. The size of the room measures out to be 18x14x8 dedicated. My speakers are a older set of paradigm 7seMk3 fronts with a paradigm center, sides and rears to complete the 7.1 setup. The subwoofer that I am dying to replace is a Dayton sub1200. I am searching for a MORE powerful, hard hitting, heart felt subwoofer that speaks for itself. My budget max $700. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-v673. My use is 50/50 between BD movies and Tv. Could someone please provide some suggestions of subwoofers in my price range that can cut the mustard or do I have champaign taste with beer money?? Will consider a DIY kit also. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 96
At $699, the SVS PC12-NSD would fit the bill. If you can spend a little more, the PSA XV15 is worth a look. Other subs worth a look are the HSU VTF-3 MK4 and Outlaw LFM-EX.
steve nn likes this.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli View Post

At $699, the SVS PC12-NSD would fit the bill. If you can spend a little more, the PSA XV15 is worth a look. Other subs worth a look are the HSU VTF-3 MK4 and Outlaw LFM-EX.

+1

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wow.. I've never even considered a cylinder shaped subwoofer.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtprkr View Post

wow.. I've never even considered a cylinder shaped subwoofer.

Their a great option! small footprint, easy to move, lighter, very durable, blends in way more than one would think - way more and co$ts less.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
... My HT is Located in the basement of my home with carpeted concrete floors. The size of the room measures out to be 18x14x8 dedicated. My speakers are a older set of paradigm 7seMk3 fronts with a paradigm center, sides and rears to complete the 7.1 setup. ... I am searching for a MORE powerful, hard hitting, heart felt subwoofer that speaks for itself. My budget max $700.
First off, props on your 7se Mk3s! cool.gif I love older Paradigms - my first pair of speakers were Paradigm 7se's (which I had for 20 years) and I currently have a pair of 5se MkIIs in my home office. smile.gif

Re. a new sub: If you can manage another $99, the PSA XV15 ($799, shipped) should make you very happy. It's a powerful and well-rated sub, and it's from a (relatively new) company with excellent pedigree (Tom Vodhanel, one of the founders, is ex-SVS) which offers a solid warranty and top-notch customer service.

Failing that, the other recommendations made are all solid choices. Happy shopping! biggrin.gif

Tags
Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4