Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

According to PSA, the XV15 is 1.2 times the sub that the VTF15h is, which based on inflating CEA numbers for itself, and furthermore, averaging them out to get mileage from a poor frequency response. This, of course, does not factor in distortion and compression or any other data, where when we compare them, the VTF15h performs fully twice as good as the XV15. Yet the XV15 is 1.2 times the sub the VTF15h is! You know what, this is too good, this deserves its own thread, lol! As for the Triax, there is nothing to bash until the measurements start rolling in- which I doubt they ever will.
Dude! If you read the fine print at the bottom of the chart you posted it states that the chart is showing the value factor, the VTF15H IS considerably more than the XV15 with a very slight advantage in performance for the price tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

Dude! If you read the fine print at the bottom of the chart you posted it states that the chart is showing the value factor, the VTF15H IS considerably more than the XV15 with a very slight advantage in performance for the price tag.

Why would he bother to read that? He's too busy ranting about all of the things the XV15 isn't.
PDDUFRENE likes this.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #123 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Um, you are reading that wrong. "The PSA Value Factor shows how many subwoofers it takes to equal one of the Power Sound Audio subwoofers" How do you misinterpret that? Price is not a factor in this hilarious 'value factor' and that fact could not be any plainer.
post #124 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Um, you are reading that wrong. "The PSA Value Factor shows how many subwoofers it takes to equal one of the Power Sound Audio subwoofers" How do you misinterpret that? Price is not a factor in this hilarious 'value factor' and that fact could not be any plainer.
Regardless of which way you want to interpret it, it is what it is. No matter what anyone says, it's gonna always be your right and everyone else doesn't know jack! The facts are the facts and your opinions are exactly that opinions, every one has one. It's just yours are persistently against PSA and that's just the way it's gonna be. I know your not stupid, your just blinded by the fact that you hate PSA for whatever reason. You need to just back off, and state your opinion about what sub you would recommend as this thread was intended for, answer any questions from the individual asking for help and quit trying to stir up arguments all the time.
steve nn and Hopinater like this.
post #125 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Regardless of which way you want to interpret it, it is what it is. No matter what anyone says, it's gonna always be your right and everyone else doesn't know jack! The facts are the facts and your opinions are exactly that opinions, every one has one. It's just yours are persistently against PSA and that's just the way it's gonna be. I know your not stupid, your just blinded by the fact that you hate PSA for whatever reason. You need to just back off, and state your opinion about what sub you would recommend as this thread was intended for, answer any questions from the individual asking for help and quit trying to stir up arguments all the time.

I wouldn't normally want to take it this far in someone else's thread, however the OP has already made his decision and probably doesn't care about the thread anymore. The point we are disagreeing on is not a matter of opinion. You incorrectly stated that the PSA Value Factor™ had price as a factor, I simply corrected you, and, as usual, the reply is 'that's your opinion and you just hate PSA!' I guess my feelings about a subject means I can never be right about anything.
post #126 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Cmon people, cant we just get along?

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, EMOTIVA XDA-2, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
post #127 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't normally want to take it this far in someone else's thread, however the OP has already made his decision and probably doesn't care about the thread anymore. The point we are disagreeing on is not a matter of opinion. You incorrectly stated that the PSA Value Factor™ had price as a factor, I simply corrected you, and, as usual, the reply is 'that's your opinion and you just hate PSA!' I guess my feelings about a subject means I can never be right about anything.
I never said your never right, in fact u know a whole lot about HSU and Outlaws products. Your very knowledgeable in that aspect, myself and others just can't figure out why u keep bashing on PSA all the time. Which if you wouldn't persistently do that know body would have any negative feelings towards u. Your opinions and knowledge are appreciated, it's just you tend to be overly aggressive and lopsided in your statements.
post #128 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Cmon people, cant we just get along?
Oh you want some! Lol
We'll behave :-D
post #129 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:

Oh you want some! Lol
We'll behave :-D
thats what she said

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, EMOTIVA XDA-2, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
post #130 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I never said your never right, in fact u know a whole lot about HSU and Outlaws products. Your very knowledgeable in that aspect, myself and others just can't figure out why u keep bashing on PSA all the time. Which if you wouldn't persistently do that know body would have any negative feelings towards u. Your opinions and knowledge are appreciated, it's just you tend to be overly aggressive and lopsided in your statements.

Look back on all the threads where I get into debates with guys defending their PSA subs, you will see that it usually begins with someone unfairly comparing another subwoofer to a PSA sub. I don't start out bashing their subwoofer, I mostly just point out their PSA sub isn't perfect either after they disparage some other sub and its all downhill from there. Don't believe me? Go to anyone of those threads and see for yourself. This very thread serves as an example of that.
post #131 of 142 Old 11-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:

Look back on all the threads where I get into debates with guys defending their PSA subs, you will see that it usually begins with someone unfairly comparing another subwoofer to a PSA sub. I don't start out bashing their subwoofer, I mostly just point out their PSA sub isn't perfect either after they disparage some other sub and its all downhill from there. Don't believe me? Go to anyone of those threads and see for yourself. This very thread serves as an example of that.
I think it's just that we all have opinions, to each his own. Everyone has there right to that, but unless you've owned a particular sub and have had the opportunity to compare the to you shouldn't be able to make a assumption on either of them. ( and no I'm not talking about you it's just a generalization) Some of those guys may have owned a outlaw and then bought a XV15. Then they can say if one is better than the other, but then again it's all opinion. So I don't really believe anybody is right are wrong. It's all good Shady, I don't have nothing against you are your opinion. Lets just turn the page and try to go about things a different way next time.
And Happy Thanksgiving!
dsrussell likes this.
post #132 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
None of these are in the league of something like a captivator...

Do the right thing and save money in the upgrade game by going to the top of your budget for a killer sub
post #133 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

None of these are in the league of something like a captivator...

Do the right thing and save money in the upgrade game by going to the top of your budget for a killer sub

That would be a nice sub to own….

But for me that would be years of saving before I could afford it. :( 

Oh well.

post #134 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

But for me that would be years of saving before I could afford it. frown.gif  

Oh well.

You could build something equally good for half the cost, or maybe even less...
post #135 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I've actually been toying with that idea….. 

Who knows, I might just do it.

post #136 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 476
If it works out - if the sub has good looks and great performance - you're hired. Put me down for two units. smile.gif
post #137 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

If it works out - if the sub has good looks and great performance - you're hired. Put me down for two units. smile.gif

I got you down for dual 21" sealed 6 cube units just to make sure there isn't any question. Veneer, paint or Duratex? Sounds like Hop is moving in on me though. mad.gif I've always been nice to the both of you too. biggrin.gif
eljaycanuck likes this.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #138 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Do you deliver? And can you beat his price and warranty? wink.gif

Time for a bidding war! Have at it, boys... biggrin.gif
post #139 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Do you deliver? And can you beat his price and warranty? wink.gif

Time for a bidding war! Have at it, boys... biggrin.gif

I’m putting together a little comparison spreadsheet. wink.gif
eljaycanuck likes this.

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #140 of 142 Old 11-28-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

A completely unbiased spreadsheet...right? tongue.gif
post #141 of 142 Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

I got you down for dual 21" sealed 6 cube units just to make sure there isn't any question. Veneer, paint or Duratex? Sounds like Hop is moving in on me though. mad.gif I've always been nice to the both of you too. biggrin.gif

LOL, no threat from me in the DIY world for a while. But if anyone does a build please take lot's of pictures of the process from start to finish and post them. It's cool to see these things come together. 

post #142 of 142 Old 11-29-2013, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

But for me that would be years of saving before I could afford it. frown.gif  

Oh well.

Its about 1200 passive
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Polk Audio Csi A6 Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Fxi A6 Surround Speakers Pair Black , Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Fv15hp Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page