[Sorry about the cross-post. I just saw the note that subwoofer questions were supposed to be directed here.]
I have an all Definitive system:
ProMonitor 800 x4
ProCenter 2000 x1
ProSub 800 x1
All powered by a Denon 3312ci
It has performed flawlessly since I bought it about two years ago and it has been the source of much satisfaction.
I think my ProSub 800 has just died. Here are the symptoms:
- About a week ago, we were awakened by a hum from the system which came and went through the night. None of the components in the system was powered on.
- Through the past week, the hum kept coming back intermittently independently of whether the system was powered on.
- Since the hum seemed to come from the ProSub, I figured I probably had a bad RCA cable. I exchanged it for a new one. With the new cable, there seems to be no response from the ProSub.
- The red LED does not come on when the rest of the system is turned on. If I pull the AC power plug then plug it back in, the LED comes on, but there is no sound from the ProSub.
- I tried running the system through the Audessey setup. Audessey does not see a subwoofer and no sound comes from it during setup.
- I tried running an old CD player through the RCA input to the ProSub to see if I could get any response. No joy.
Does my diagnosis seem correct?
Can anyone think of anything else to try?
I just checked my original documentation and it says that I am covered on electronics for three years and any other defect for five years. Has anyone had experience with Definitive warranty service?
Suggestions would be much appreciated.