So it's not confusing…I ran a set of measurements without Audyssey first, calibrating the subs volume and the left speakers volume to 75db's with an SPL meter.
The graphs had the elevated bass.
So I ran another set of FR graphs with the subs in their various positions again but this time with Audyssey calibrations before each positioning. Before each Audyssey calibration, you are prompted to set the subs to 75db's, which I did.
The problem there could be that DEQ is the default and it was on. But I still had the bloated bass in the first set of non-Audyssey measurements.
This is frustrating.
Little Loft Home Theater