Old 01-16-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

You take that back.

Lol, I enjoy overkill.  I don't know why I even bothered to come up with a budget.  Oh yeah, because I started to look at the Klipch Palladium speakers.  ...And before anyone suggests it, no, I am not going to buy them.  Those are way out of my price range....for now. :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin72 View Post

Cowboys is just pushing me in the next logical step to me tossing better speakers on a credit card.  biggrin.gif
do that and stop all of the 'what if this and that' question; otherwise you will be asking yourself that question. Perhaps you should change your thread title to '<$3000 power sub recommendation' smile.gif
kmartin72 likes this.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:05 PM

Liked: 12
Actually, I'm in the same budget as this OP (Ofcourse, the OP said "goodbye" to budget, and decided on the Rythmik real quick). I wish I could be that fast :-)
In general, how do the following companies PSA, SVS, Rythmik, HSU , compare when it comes to:
1. Quality of cabinets used? (From my understanding, most use 3/4" MDF except PSA, who use 1" MDF).
2. Quality of the "proprietary" driver(s).
3. Quality of the amplifier. (DSP etc.)

I know all these companies have top-notch customer service..
Old 01-16-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ At the end, sound quality, output and extension is all we care for. With that being said, they all use dedent quality parts. Rythmik is the only company uses their patent servo control drive which is designed to provide 'articulate' sound. Are you planning to buy one or two subs within $1000?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

^^ At the end, sound quality, output and extension is all we care for. With that being said, they all use dedent quality parts. Rythmik is the only company uses their patent servo control drive which is designed to provide 'articulate' sound. Are you planning to buy one or two subs within $1000?

Only one now. But, down the line, will buy the second one.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:25 PM

Liked: 801
Quote:

Are you planning to buy one or two subs within $1000?

Okay, I've had a couple of cocktails and this comment struck me as "very" funny.

Now. Why did it strike me funny? There's a "HUGE" difference between, two, one thousand dollar subs and two five hundred dollars subs trying to find their place in a living room.

...tongue.gif

(my allergy attack, continues)

...tongue.gif

-
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisbeautiful View Post

Only one now. But, down the line, will buy the second one.
Room size?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay, I've had a couple of cocktails and this comment struck me a "very" funny.

Now. Why did it strike me funny? There's a "HUGE" difference between, two, thousand dollar subs and two five hundred dollars subs trying to find their place in a living room.

...tongue.gif

(my allergy attack, continues)

...tongue.gif
You need more Whiskey smile.gif
Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Room size?

~2400 cuft opening to another room of same size...
But, at this point, I can buy one 1 sub.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ For $1k, I would get the Hsu vtf15h. You will receive a discount (10% I believe with HSU) if you order the second one later. I believe all the company you listed does it. With Rythmik, if you order two now, you will get 10% discount on BOTH subs. Not sure on other companies.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:

You need more Whiskey smile.gif

Okay. But I can only afford whiskey that comes with a lower case "w." tongue.gif

That was easy.

...biggrin.gif

I'm working on REW measurements and unsmoothed, I have a terrible null I'm dealing with. That's not the why of the whiskey.

....no smoothing.

1/6th smoothing.

-
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ that looks worst than XT and Antimode. Roll off around 24? Can you overlay this with the one you did with XT and antimode? By the way let do that in our Rythmik thread. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 718
IMHO it looks better Then with antimode/xt

At least it's a gradual drop. And the way his subs are configured they are SUPPOSED to behave like a sealed sub

He is getting much better extension and and quite flat

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Can you overlay this with the one you did with XT and antimode?

No can do. I erased the graph so I only have a saved jpg file. Nothing that I can import to the REW program. As requested, I've switched over to the Rythmik thread.

-
Old 01-16-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:

^^ For $1k, I would get the Hsu vtf15h. You will receive a discount (10% I believe with HSU) if you order the second one later. I believe all the company you listed does it. With Rythmik, if you order two now, you will get 10% discount on BOTH subs. Not sure on other companies.

PSA does it as well, you if you buy a 2nd sub within 6 months you save $80. So instead of $1600 you will be paying $1520. I think SVS does something like that as well. 

Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

... Perhaps you should change your thread title to '<$3000 power sub recommendation' smile.gif

I would change the title, but it looks like it might actually help lifeisbeautiful short of me derailing it completely.  lol.  I read the Rythmik forum this morning and saw the pics of your HT, Cowboys and it looks great.  I would be embarrassed to show mine at this point, even with the new equipment.  I was reading about the tuning process also this morning.  It is going to be interesting with the room I will have this in.  I changed the location of the equipment to the ranch house (no neighbors and I spend slightly more time there), which is a manufactured home.  Add the fact that I have dead animals hanging on the walls, this could get interesting. 

I need to get to re-floating the wall and paint it with better paint for the screen.  I am thinking about framing it, but I have thought about also a real screen installed.  Decisions, decisions.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Decisions, decisions.

It's a journey, not a destination.

...cool.gif
kmartin72 likes this.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Lookey what I went and got today!  Wooooo!

Brian was great to work with, even with me calling twice a week to see when he would have stock again.  He came in today to let me come by and pick a pair up.  Now just waiting for someone to come by and help me unload them.  lol

The Klipsch RF-7 II's rocked Cowboys vs Aliens with the Denon 4520CI, although I was not impressed with the level of volume. I can't wait to watch some movies tonight.  I thought that receiver would be so much louder than the POS I had before.  I am still digging through the menus and working with Audyssey, so I have a lot to go through.  I'll play with it and then start another post if I just cannot get it.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 33

Fantastic!  I love new equipment day!  After they break in let us know how you like em eh?

Sandman  

Old 02-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Congratulations on your new arrivals.
Quote:

The Klipsch RF-7 II's rocked Cowboys vs Aliens with the Denon 4520CI, although I was not impressed with the level of volume.

In the case of the 4520, if you can, in the blu-ray players menu, set the output to bitstream and let the 4520 do the PCM decoding. Expectedly, this will "noticeably" increase your dynamics.

Which Rythmik subs are they? confused.gif

Once fully dialed in, expectedly, you'll have more output.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:

Oh yeah!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Congratulations on your new arrivals.
In the case of the 4520, if you can, in the blu-ray players menu, set the output to bitstream and let the 4520 do the PCM decoding. Expectedly, this will "noticeably" increase your dynamics.

Which Rythmik subs are they? confused.gif

Once fully dialed in, expectedly, you'll have more output.

I am seeing the "issue" with both digital and analog inputs.  I have the gain set at +12db now and it is adequate, I guess.  The "issue" might just be my perception.  Don't get me wrong, they will get loud, bu at almost full volume.  I thought I would have more headroom.  My old Onkyo receiver was 120 watts, and I think they were being generous with that rating.  Basically, I need more time to work with it, which I just have not had yet.  Next weekend, yup.  :)

I was streaming Cowboys vs Aliens from a HTPC (MKV with DTS-HD Master audio), over HDMI with it bitstreaming the audio to the Denon 4520ci.  I have my older Sony BluRay that I am going to connect to watch How to Train Your Dragon in 3D tonight and I will see what options it has.  

Those two are Rythmik FV15HP.  Unfortunately, they are still in the boxes by the door.  I had to be responsible and get some work done before I get them installed, which will be in a few hours.  

Old 02-09-2014, 12:17 PM

We have a pair of FV15HP and with the 4520CI, we're fully reference capable. Do allow the subs some forty hours to (loosen up) break in before running XT32/SubEQ HT or if you do run XT32/SubEQ HT, let the subs break in forty hours and rerun XT32/SubEQ HT. Then start with the room measurements.

FYI, we're using the Denon DBT-3313UDCI blu-ray player with D-Link to the 4520CI which reduces jitter and we have better.more saturated color and dynamics.

Currently, I'm taking flak for posting this point, but in room, we're measuring down to 11Hz and based on Data-Bass measurements, room gain and co-location gain, depending on degree of cabin gain, I have us at 110.5dB at 12.5Hz and would make a small wager that we're doing better than this.

FYI, our room is a cathedral ceiling (average 10') and rectangular measurements of 15' X 22' that open up to other large spaces.

Enjoy setting these two subs up and getting them dialed into the acoustics of your room. Without a doubt, once broke and dialed in, with your 4520CI, these subs are going flat out, rock your world.

Have I mentioned how much I like these subs?...tongue.gif

-
kmartin72 likes this.

Tags
Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Sw 115 Front Firing Subwoofer , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Svs Pc12 Nsd 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Cylinder Subwoofer , Hsu Vtf3 Mk4 , Outlaw Audio Lfm 1 Ex , Rythmik Audio Lv12r , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4