Dual Rythmik f15hp or fv15hp - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 43 Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Ok, will get everything set up and tested tomorrow. Does not knowing if my volume levels are set right during testing mean anything? Shouldnt it be flat at a low level and produce the same results at a loud one? I think i remember reading that you want it to be loud for room gain and such or decay or whatever, but i think it detects clipping, have to find out more tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm not sure what volume miniDSP likes, but Audyssey likes to calibrate at 75db.

Just be sure you don't turn it up too loud and blow your speakers (easy to do with test signals).
post #33 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 240
I think 2 f15s would be better than a single fv15. Mainly because you can even out your room response.

I agree that ported are better for larger rooms and sealed are better for smaller. Ported subs have an inherent phase problem in that the driver and port are always slightly out of phase. Since the wavelengths are long, the phase difference is small. So small that it's supposedly hard to detect it, but for some reason, ported subs always sound a little sloppier to me.
post #34 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

So small that it's supposedly hard to detect it, but for some reason, ported subs always sound a little sloppier to me.

Have you heard Rythmik subs with "Direct Servo" that's suppose to correct for this port phase alignment issue?

How do you split up your subwoofer listening: Music vs Home Theater?

The above is a curiosity question. I've read reviews where the end user preferred the F25 for music but they liked the FV15HP for Home Theater purposes.

Disclosure: we have a pair of FV15HPs ordered for Home Theater use so we don't have concerns regarding this issue.
post #35 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Have you heard Rythmik subs with "Direct Servo" that's suppose to correct for this port phase alignment issue?

How do you split up your subwoofer listening: Music vs Home Theater?

I've never heard a rhythmik sub. I don't think their servo system corrects for this. I don't think it's possible to correct for it.

I have a lot of subs. Like maybe 10. Some are ported and some are sealed. I generally use sealed subs for systems where I listen to music and ported everywhere else. I think for listening to music, there's nothing better than a sealed sub in a smaller enclosed room. I don't listen at insanely loud volumes, so all my subs can easily deliver whatever SPL is needed.
post #36 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 AM

So many subwoofers; so little time and money.

Thanks for the reply.
post #37 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

I think 2 f15s would be better than a single fv15. Mainly because you can even out your room response.

I agree that ported are better for larger rooms and sealed are better for smaller. Ported subs have an inherent phase problem in that the driver and port are always slightly out of phase. Since the wavelengths are long, the phase difference is small. So small that it's supposedly hard to detect it, but for some reason, ported subs always sound a little sloppier to me.
But wouldnt that only get me about 3 db? Thats barely anything. Have you seen my room size in that picture? 25x15x8. Isnt that a pretty big room? I also have the rest of the apt to fill
post #38 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

But wouldnt that only get me about 3 db? Thats barely anything. Have you seen my room size in that picture? 25x15x8. Isnt that a pretty big room? I also have the rest of the apt to fill

Give Enrico at Rythmik a call. I think he's running a pair of E15s and based on our 3,300^3 room, he thinks that's more than enough to fill the room. I may have a bit of our conversation mixed up as to which subwoofers he has. Either which way, give him a call and see what he has to say. Also, stop by the ULF thread and check out the first couple of posts as that thread, in my opinion, is a real eye opener.

Disclosure: we have a pair of FV15HPs on order with a future eye on a third as I want as much subwoofage as we can afford to pack our room with.

Personally, I encourage everybody to buy as much as they can afford to pack into their room. Based on everything I've read, one acclimates to the sound of their subwoofer set and find themselves wanting more. In my opinion, the trick is to buy a system you won't acclimate out of and if you are worried about outgrowing your system's capabilities, then, for compatibility purposes, buy a system you would want to add to.

-
post #39 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You won't know what you get until you set everything up. In theory, you'll get 3 db, but people who have actually taken measurements of what a second sub will get you show a wide variance across many frequencies. At some frequencies, you may even have a loss of spl.

The major benefit of a second sub is having smaller nulls in the room, not more volume.
post #40 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 AM

The extra smooth, extras subwoofer boosted bass output doesn't hurt either. tongue.gif

Axxion, it's always a treat when one hits that sweet spot and sonically, they finally hear the bass in their room come alive. You'll know when that moment arrives as all of a sudden, the bass has depth and presents.
post #41 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Give Enrico at Rythmik a call.-
Whats his number? I tried calling the number on rythmiks site but went straight to VM
post #42 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Whats his number? I tried calling the number on rythmiks site but went straight to VM

It may be a bit early for them answering the phone. Sometimes you get VM and sometimes they pickup. No telling in the early hours of the morning.

I have always used the posted contact phone numbers.
post #43 of 43 Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:

You can call me @ 512-565-0292

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Fv15hp Subwoofer , Pioneer Sc 1222 7 2 Channel Network Ready Av Receiver