Need help selecting what subwoofer to purchase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Let me start off by thanking you for viewing this thread and thanking any of the people that respond to this thread, I appreciate any and all contributions.

Me and my wife have recently decided to plunge into the home theater audio market and build a 5.1 system. Budget is a huge factor and I've been trying to get good deals whenever I can. Right now I'm running a 2.0 system running the following:

Pioneer SF52 Andrew Jones Floor speakers

Denon AVR-E300.

I will eventually purchase the matching pioneer center and pioneer rears but I digress.

I'm on the fence on what Subwoofer I should buy for my sound system and here are some of the things that you guys should know about the setup.

Budget: $250 max (will not mind buying used on CL if I can find it)

Uses: 40% TV shows / 30% Movies / 30% Music (hip hop/rap/electronic/trance/house)

Room: Square living room about 200-240 square feet. Here is how the room is setup, where should the sub go? option 1? option 2? http://i.imgur.com/PP5VFVw.jpg

Reading reviews and from what I can tell for my price point I might just have to get a BIC but what do I know. So I've come to this forum to ask you guys what my options are.

Excuse me for my ignorance and I thank you for any responses. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might see fit to make a suggestion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Hi. Welcome to the subwoofer forum.

Check out the budget subwoofer threads.

And this thread has a boatload of insightful information.

Take the time to cruise these two threads as they'll help get you started finding the best subwoofer choice to fit your budget.

Tags
Denon Avr E300