AVS Forum banner

Need help selecting what subwoofer to purchase

412 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BeeMan458 
#1 ·

Let me start off by thanking you for viewing this thread and thanking any of the people that respond to this thread, I appreciate any and all contributions.

Me and my wife have recently decided to plunge into the home theater audio market and build a 5.1 system. Budget is a huge factor and I've been trying to get good deals whenever I can. Right now I'm running a 2.0 system running the following:

Pioneer SF52 Andrew Jones Floor speakers

Denon AVR-E300.

I will eventually purchase the matching pioneer center and pioneer rears but I digress.

I'm on the fence on what Subwoofer I should buy for my sound system and here are some of the things that you guys should know about the setup.

Budget: $250 max (will not mind buying used on CL if I can find it)

Uses: 40% TV shows / 30% Movies / 30% Music (hip hop/rap/electronic/trance/house)

Room: Square living room about 200-240 square feet. Here is how the room is setup, where should the sub go? option 1? option 2? 

Reading reviews and from what I can tell for my price point I might just have to get a BIC but what do I know. So I've come to this forum to ask you guys what my options are.

Excuse me for my ignorance and I thank you for any responses. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might see fit to make a suggestion.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.