What is your number one BASS demo MOVIE? - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 176 Old 05-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Line voltage View Post

The day after tomorrow.

No offense, but what sub or subs are you running ? I don't recall this movie having much deep slamming bass through out. I have the blu ray so I will give it a spin as the movie itself was not bad overall.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 176 Old 05-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
capricorn kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jonesboro, Georgia
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Prometheus. My go to demo scene is near the end when the Prometheus starship crashes into the alien ship. Actually the entire sequence from the point they wake up the alien from his chamber to the point the alien ship falls from the sky and falls down almost crushing Shaw.

Klipsch Synergy 3 speakers (LCR & surrounds)
dual Klipsch RW 12d
dual BIC PL-200
120" DIY 16:9 screen
Panasonic PT AX 200U projector
Panasonic BMP-BD35 blu-ray
Velodyne SMS-1
capricorn kid is offline  
post #153 of 176 Old 05-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Hockeypucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Having reserved seeing so many of the above mentioned until my theater is complete I will choose Enders Game for now. Overall pretty cool movie that gave my dual PB-2000s a decent workout. Though I have 2 PC12-Plus subs coming next week for said theater. Sounds like saving Oblivion will be worth it.
Hockeypucks is offline  
post #154 of 176 Old 05-24-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,826
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypucks View Post

Having reserved seeing so many of the above mentioned until my theater is complete I will choose Enders Game for now. Overall pretty cool movie that gave my dual PB-2000s a decent workout. Though I have 2 PC12-Plus subs coming next week for said theater. Sounds like saving Oblivion will be worth it.

I like the way you think. Definitely try Oblivion, the bass may not be quit on par with Ender's game but it's still very good. But what really makes it shine IMO is the overall sound mix. Excellent HT movie.

Hopinater is offline  
post #155 of 176 Old 05-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Hockeypucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

I like the way you think. Definitely try Oblivion, the bass may not be quit on par with Ender's game but it's still very good. But what really makes it shine IMO is the overall sound mix. Excellent HT movie.

Very much looking forward to it. Not seeing so many movies is really difficult but I want to experience them on a 158" ascreen and great subs. Iron man 3, fast 6, Thor 2, Oblivion, Pacific Rim, Man of Steel, and on and on. Great thread though, I like seeing others' thoughts on bass flicks.
Hockeypucks is offline  
post #156 of 176 Old 05-24-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
I always demo THX Amazing Life and Dolby Digital 'All Around You' .....Art of Flight has some good material too.

For one movie, I would have said Star Wars Phantom Menace. I guess that's more of an entire system demo vs. a LFE demo.

My new one without a doubt is Enders Game. Picture, dynamics, 7.1 HD audio and intense base. The movie has it all.

I haven't seen a lot of the favorites mentioned over and over in this thread. I'm taking notes. I have Incredible Hulk, but the wife isn't interested and I haven't found time to watch it myself. Gotta move that up on the priority list.

Great thread!

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #157 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,234
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Tron Legacy

it may not hit as low as some other but its just constant bass for 2 hours
AllenA07 likes this.
Sibuna is offline  
post #158 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
koturban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn kid View Post

Prometheus. My go to demo scene is near the end when the Prometheus starship crashes into the alien ship. Actually the entire sequence from the point they wake up the alien from his chamber to the point the alien ship falls from the sky and falls down almost crushing Shaw.

Opening scene with the credits digs deep too.
koturban is offline  
post #159 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
AllenA07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 87
I'm watching Tron Legacy right now. Not exactly the best movie I've ever seen, but my god this thing rocks the house. There seems to be a constant low rumble throughout the entire movie.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
AllenA07 is offline  
post #160 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post

I'm watching Tron Legacy right now. Not exactly the best movie I've ever seen, but my god this thing rocks the house. There seems to be a constant low rumble throughout the entire movie.

Eeww! Last time I watched Tron Legacy. The ariel dog fights in the end gave me and my wife some nauseated feeling watching it at -10. Bass was very heavy and intense. One of my recess light housing fell too.
pdxrealtor likes this.
rhed is online now  
post #161 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 216
World of the War is still my bass demo movie..
rhed is online now  
post #162 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

World of the War is still my bass demo movie..

+1..for just the pod scene I agree.  I watched that scene at -5 for the first time(have watched it quite a few times at -15), and it was actually scary.  However, I feel that their are other movies that are better when considered in their entirety.  Dredd, HTTYD, 9, Tron etc for heavy bass throughout as a whole.


AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #163 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post


Eeww! Last time I watched Tron Legacy. The ariel dog fights in the end gave me and my wife some nauseated feeling watching it at -10. Bass was very heavy and intense. One of my recess light housing fell too.

This is one thing in particular that will make it very hard to justify a subwoofer upgrade...........I can just imagine trying to convince your wife you need to spend more on subs.  Granted, it doesn't sound like you need to by any means.


AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #164 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

I always demo THX Amazing Life and Dolby Digital 'All Around You' .....Art of Flight has some good material too.

For one movie, I would have said Star Wars Phantom Menace. I guess that's more of an entire system demo vs. a LFE demo.

My new one without a doubt is Enders Game. Picture, dynamics, 7.1 HD audio and intense base. The movie has it all.

I haven't seen a lot of the favorites mentioned over and over in this thread. I'm taking notes. I have Incredible Hulk, but the wife isn't interested and I haven't found time to watch it myself. Gotta move that up on the priority list.

Great thread!

enders game is indeed fantastic.  one of the biggest surprises for me this year.  make sure you check out oblivion as well.  fantastic for all around system demo.  and as far as the incredible hulk...one of my all time favorites (admittedly have always loved that big green badass though) and you better buckle yourself in because it's a hard hitter for sure.

digler84 is offline  
post #165 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rhed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

This is one thing in particular that will make it very hard to justify a subwoofer upgrade...........I can just imagine trying to convince your wife you need to spend more on subs.  Granted, it doesn't sound like you need to by any means.

bear.. Now your making me feel bad. Really, I just told my wife last week that when we fly up to the Axpona show again in 2015. I'd like to order my 5th and 6th S2 from Jeff at the show. This past Axpona I ordered my speakers from him.
rhed is online now  
post #166 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 791

If your wife goes for it, my wife needs to meet your wife.  Or I need some pointers. :D  Actually I think I am doing quite well in the WAF department.  Two fairly large ported subs in our 2500 cu. ft room....guess I can't complain.


AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #167 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sibuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,234
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post

I'm watching Tron Legacy right now. Not exactly the best movie I've ever seen, but my god this thing rocks the house. There seems to be a constant low rumble throughout the entire movie.

yep biggrin.gif
Sibuna is offline  
post #168 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

+1..for just the pod scene I agree.  I watched that scene at -5 for the first time(have watched it quite a few times at -15), and it was actually scary.  However, I feel that their are other movies that are better when considered in their entirety.  Dredd, HTTYD, 9, Tron etc for heavy bass throughout as a whole.

Pod scene- I have it on my demo disc that I got here at AVS. With my 4 18" SP4s it's one of two scenes that shut my amps off for a split second, and I have tons of power.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #169 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post

enders game is indeed fantastic.  one of the biggest surprises for me this year.  make sure you check out oblivion as well.  fantastic for all around system demo.  and as far as the incredible hulk...one of my all time favorites (admittedly have always loved that big green badass though) and you better buckle yourself in because it's a hard hitter for sure.

Will pick up oblivian this week. Then have a mid-day double header. Hulk and oblivian at reference!! WOOT

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #170 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post


Pod scene- I have it on my demo disc that I got here at AVS. With my 4 18" SP4s it's one of two scenes that shut my amps off for a split second, and I have tons of power.

Demo disc???  Tell me about this please. :)


AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #171 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,747
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 118
^^ http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412846/the-ultimate-bass-demo-disc
While you are in this forum, search Demo, there are a few of them. I downloaded about 4 of them but there are more.
pdxrealtor likes this.
tvuong is offline  
post #172 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,523
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Demo disc???  Tell me about this please. smile.gif
^^^ beat me to it! smile.gif


You got it!

Search for 'best of the best demo disc' on this site!

I put it right on my unraid server, but it's setup to also burn to a blu-ray disc.

Great demo material!

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #173 of 176 Old 05-25-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 791

Excellent!  Thank you gentlemen.


AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

bear123 is offline  
post #174 of 176 Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,747
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I must add Seal team 8 behind enemy lines to the latest best bass movie so far this year. Not with a bass clip here and there but all over the place. My room and chairs have not shaken this much for a long while and I only watched it at -15 then raised to -13 MV.
tvuong is offline  
post #175 of 176 Old 06-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray77085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Revisited Total Recall (2013) BD yesterday and wow !!!
This Dolby True HD 5.1 track slams with Bass all the way through.biggrin.gif

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Ray77085 is offline  
post #176 of 176 Old 06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Member
 
Darknyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Demo disc???  Tell me about this please. smile.gif

This is the thread someone else pointed me to:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/demonstration-blu-ray-discs-independently-authored

I had actually gotten hooked into the HT Demo Tree thread that was active on here about 8 plus years ago, but that was primarily before HD video was accessible/popular enough. I still have about 22 or so demo discs in a box somewhere with cover art and all. They were a great introduction. Been wanting to upgrade ever since that experience.
Darknyt is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off