will sub convert my bass to mono - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2014, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

when i initially looked @ subs a decade ago i had to run my speakers wires thru the unit which removed the stereo channels of bass

since stereo sounds better than mono & i had 12" woofers & skipped the subwoofer purchase

now my new 7.1 receiver has an rca out for subs

i'd like to make use of the LFE channel on movies, but still don't want to convert stereo to mono

will the .1 channel play only the LFE audio & leave the stereo bass for my front speakers ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2227
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespeeddemon View Post

when i initially looked @ subs a decade ago i had to run my speakers wires thru the unit which removed the stereo channels of bass
True 'stereo bass' hasn't existed since the experimental days of stereo back in the '60s. Since then bass has been panned equally to both the left and right, so nothing is lost if you sum it to a single sub.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.