PSB 6i subwoofer no longer working after a move - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Feel free to move it, mods.

I have a PSB 6i subsonic subwoofer. It was working fine before I moved. I moved and now it doesn't work anymore. I see power on the front light, I have tried 4 different composite cables, two different receivers and still get no sound output from it. I checked the main power fuse and it is intact. I removed the woofer and the speaker leads are connected. I pulled out the board and inspected for anything obvious. Everything visually looks fine, when I had the rear electronics outside of the enclosure I was on the phone and heard interference through the woofer which was quite loud leading me to believe the woofer is working fine and that the problem exists in the electronics somewhere. I put it all back together and now get a very very faint random pulsing sound from the woofer. Perhaps someone has an idea on something else I could look into? This was my favorite part of my setup and I am so sad to see it not working. Thanks beforehand for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-07-2014, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem is fixed. The issue was the two switches in the back of the sub were broken during my move. They were no longer connecting the common to either side so the circuit was in a weird state. I ran soldered a patch cable to each switch's exposed wiring to connect the settings I wanted (0 degree phase sift and LFE Input Enabled). After doing that, the sub works just fine. Now I am ordering new switches and will install those to permanently fix it.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page