post #901 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin1886 View Post

Thanks again for your help smitty. I have no doubt that the pb2000 will outperform my pw2100 in both extension and output, but I'm more or less looking for an all around more "detailed" Movie/Music experience. I want something that is articulate punchy and accurate when recreating sounds from movies and different types of music. Sure the pb2000 will play loud and shake the house but can it play those subtle tones in movies, example, the sound of 'knocking on a door', or 'running down a hall'. I find those little details in sound are easy to ignore when watching movies with a mediocre sub, but when you upgrade to a better sub you then realize what you were missing out on. That's what I'm looking for. A sub that just hands down outperforms my current sub in every aspect. (mid-bass, low extension output and detail) That makes me want to re-watch my entire music library. Would you say I'm just expecting to much from a sub in this price range? or can I assume that the pb2000 will absolutely outclass my pw2100 not just in output and extension but in detail and punch as well. Did you notice anymore "detail" in movies/music with the pb1000 over your PW? Thanks

People often mistakenly classify ported subs as non-musical. This is not the case.  Sealed subs are referred to as "musical".  This is also inaccurate.  A more accurate way to generally described two equivalent subs, one ported and one sealed, is that the ported is great for movies, great for music, and the sealed sub is equivalent, but not better, for music, but inferior for movies.

So, if you sell subs, do you want to describe your sealed sub as "inferior for movies", or "musical"?.  Its marketing, and "musical" sounds a lot better than "inferior for movies". But the truth is that ported is just as good for music as sealed, while being vastly superior for movies, unless you intend to make up for the disadvantage with lots of extra excursion and power to make up for the disadvantage.

When considering two similar subs, go sealed only if you can't accommodate the larger ported enclosure, or if you never watch movies.  Otherwise ported will always have the advantage, in most cases.  And yes, I have a sealed sub, but I also have two 15" drivers and more power in the same size cab as most 12" ported subs, and the low end output is about the same as most 12" ported subs.

ohrbrcko likes this.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 24

Devin1886 -> No problem!!

Honestly you can't go wrong with any SVS.  I feel the same for HSU, Outlaw and the other internet direct companies.  They have pleased so many customers, and everyone knows the value is unbelievable.  Times have changed, and the Paradigm is still good, but I bet anyone who has heard both the PW2200 and the SVS PB1000 would choose the PB over it all day... That being said the PB2000 is just that much more!!

However, I still feel you might wanna get the SB2000 for that bit of extra refine sound.  Also if I were you, I would add a bass transducer for when you watch movies...  This way your sound is top notch, and when you want to get into REAL life IMAX you can turn on your bass transducer and FEEL the movie like NEVER before.  SB2000 with the right bass traducer will WALK over a duel SVS Ultra setup!!  If you need more input let me know!

And don't worry about the bit of help, were just trying to make your decision as easy as possible, so you get exactly what you want.

post #903 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

And you Mr. Smitty! You've just gone beyond the call of duty! Thanks for all the time you put into your posts. Very thorough. I appreciate it.

I just spoke with Mason at Sonicboomaudio and he says that the PB2000 would be a significant upgrade in all aspects and that there would be no need to upgrade to the pb12+.

I think I'm dead set on the pb2000 . Just waiting on my tax return!wink.gif

Thanks again for all your help. Cheers!

Wow I can't believe the pb-12+ isn't a significant upgrade from the pb-2000! I wonder if they will be upgrading the plus soon?

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #904 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Its quite an upgrade from the 2000 to the plus its 50% more output, but your paying for the features the plus and ultra have
post #905 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Wow I can't believe the pb-12+ isn't a significant upgrade from the pb-2000! I wonder if they will be upgrading the plus soon?

He said no need to upgrade to the 12+ (for him and his situation), not that there isn't a significant difference. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtallguy View Post

Its quite an upgrade from the 2000 to the plus its 50% more output, but your paying for the features the plus and ultra have

Looking at amplifier power it's 60% more RMS continuous  (500W to 800W) and 110% more if you decided to look at peak dynamic (2300W vs 1100 W). Even better!

And yes, the features, to include optional tuning modes of 16hz or sealed

Samsung PN60F5300, Sony PS3

Denon AVR-X1000

SVS PB-2000

Front-Center-Surround, Pioneer: FS52-C22-FS51

post #906 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 175
And the various high pass, low pass, and 2 channels of PEQ.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #907 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I can't find any numbers for the pb-12 plus in 16Hz mode. Only all ports open.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #908 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I become more impressed with my dual SB2000s by the day ... Initially there didn't seem to be much in the way of LFE for movies, but we watched Elysium the other night and I seemed to be getting a little more rumble in the room ... This evening we watched LOTR and wow!

I have the gain set at 2o'clock, ran audyssey multeq xt and it set the subs at -9.5db ... I run it at -2.5db ... At one point ( the creatures are pulling the trees out of the ground ) my wife reached for her hearing aid to ( I assumed correctly ) turn it down ... "Too much subwoofer?" I asked ... Turned the subs down to 4.5db - still plenty of LFE

I've had the subs for almost two weeks and I'm beginning to believe that there is indeed a "break in" period for speakers ... The SB2000s keep sounding better and better.

Which brings up this question ... I'll be buying my son either a PB or SB 2000 next month ... He certainly wants as much LFE as he can get his hands on, but he also enjoys music quite alot.. I still have the ML Dynamo700 sealed sub which I've had for just over a year ( one guy at SVS, when asked if the Dyno700 would be an OK pairing with the SB12NSD that I had for a while, responded without hesitation that they would work well together ) and my son has been using my old JBL PB10

He has 3 MartinLogan Motion 15s for speakers ... Should I get him

An SB2000 to go along with the ML Dynamo700

A PB2000 and try seeing if the JBLPB10 is any help at all or more trouble than it's worth, or

get a PB2000 and run it by itself

Thanks, as always : )

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS PC13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
post #909 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 35
How does the ML Dy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post

I become more impressed with my dual SB2000s by the day ... Initially there didn't seem to be much in the way of LFE for movies, but we watched Elysium the other night and I seemed to be getting a little more rumble in the room ... This evening we watched LOTR and wow!

I have the gain set at 2o'clock, ran audyssey multeq xt and it set the subs at -9.5db ... I run it at -2.5db ... At one point ( the creatures are pulling the trees out of the ground ) my wife reached for her hearing aid to ( I assumed correctly ) turn it down ... "Too much subwoofer?" I asked ... Turned the subs down to 4.5db - still plenty of LFE

I've had the subs for almost two weeks and I'm beginning to believe that there is indeed a "break in" period for speakers ... The SB2000s keep sounding better and better.

Which brings up this question ... I'll be buying my son either a PB or SB 2000 next month ... He certainly wants as much LFE as he can get his hands on, but he also enjoys music quite alot.. I still have the ML Dynamo700 sealed sub which I've had for just over a year ( one guy at SVS, when asked if the Dyno700 would be an OK pairing with the SB12NSD that I had for a while, responded without hesitation that they would work well together ) and my son has been using my old JBL PB10

A PB2000 and try seeing if the JBLPB10 is any help at all or more trouble than it's worth, or

How does the ML Dynamo 700 compare with the SB2000?
post #910 of 1456 Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:

I think this post, from just hours ago, might be right up your alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

People often mistakenly classify ported subs as non-musical. This is not the case.  Sealed subs are referred to as "musical".  This is also inaccurate.  A more accurate way to generally described two equivalent subs, one ported and one sealed, is that the ported is great for movies, great for music, and the sealed sub is equivalent, but not better, for music, but inferior for movies.

So, if you sell subs, do you want to describe your sealed sub as "inferior for movies", or "musical"?.  Its marketing, and "musical" sounds a lot better than "inferior for movies". But the truth is that ported is just as good for music as sealed, while being vastly superior for movies, unless you intend to make up for the disadvantage with lots of extra excursion and power to make up for the disadvantage.

When considering two similar subs, go sealed only if you can't accommodate the larger ported enclosure, or if you never watch movies.  Otherwise ported will always have the advantage, in most cases.  And yes, I have a sealed sub, but I also have two 15" drivers and more power in the same size cab as most 12" ported subs, and the low end output is about the same as most 12" ported subs.

Denon AVR-X1000

SVS PB-2000

post #911 of 1456 Old 03-30-2014, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 56

The Sb2000 ( and the SB12NSD that I returned in exchange for the upgrade ) appears slightly more precise and exhibits a bit more detail throughout the entire low frequency spectrum, most notably in the mid-bass.

While the MartinLogan sub has 100 less watts RMS, it was never found lacking in output at my lees-than-reference listening levels, in a 2,400 sq ft room that has a large opening to a 1,400 sq ft room.

The Dynamo 700's small size and nice finish, its wireless capability, and its down-or-front firing flexibility might make up for its just falling short of the comparable SVS offerings performance-wise.

And this comes from a very happy ML Motion ( 40s / 30 / LX16s ) owner ... I'm glad, though, that I didn't win any of the Dynamo (older version) / Dynamo700 eBay auctions I was involved in earlier this year.

I'm hoping to sell the Dynamo700 for what it generally goes for on eBay ( $400 + ) ... otherwise, it will make a nice auxiliary sub in either my exercise room or to compliment some Audioengine A2 or A4 computer speakers that are in my son's not too distant future.  It's not like I'll be "stuck with it" :-)

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS PC13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
post #912 of 1456 Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittyfit View Post

Devin1886
 -> No problem!!

Honestly you can't go wrong with any SVS.  I feel the same for HSU, Outlaw and the other internet direct companies.  They have pleased so many customers, and everyone knows the value is unbelievable.  Times have changed, and the Paradigm is still good, but I bet anyone who has heard both the PW2200 and the SVS PB1000 would choose the PB over it all day... That being said the PB2000 is just that much more!!

However, I still feel you might wanna get the SB2000 for that bit of extra refine sound.  Also if I were you, I would add a bass transducer for when you watch movies...  This way your sound is top notch, and when you want to get into REAL life IMAX you can turn on your bass transducer and FEEL the movie like NEVER before.  SB2000 with the right bass traducer will WALK over a duel SVS Ultra setup!!  If you need more input let me know!

And don't worry about the bit of help, were just trying to make your decision as easy as possible, so you get exactly what you want.

What is a bass transducer? Is it a separate device not built into a subwoofer, like the PB 2000? Thanks.
post #913 of 1456 Old 03-30-2014, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptons View Post

What is a bass transducer? Is it a separate device not built into a subwoofer, like the PB 2000? Thanks.

Have you ever heard of a bass shaker or buttkicker? Basically, it just vibrates on LFE. No sound.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #914 of 1456 Old 03-30-2014, 11:36 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Quote:

I've been running my new dual SB2000s for about a week now.

My listening room is about 2,400 sq ft with a large openig to the dining room which is about 1,600 sq ft.

Movie-wise, I'm not getting much, if any, rumble sensations from the LFE material ... I would describe the explosions and other effects as pleasantly audible.

Musically, however, I do feel the deep bass notes from my chilled-out dubstep tracks. I was able to experience this sensation with my old ML Dynamo 700 as well, especially when in down-firing orientation. But the SVS SB2000s are a wonderful upgrade ... compared to the MartinLogan, the SBs offer more detail and more presence ... and with running two subs, the low frequencies are much more enveloping.

I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to upgrade my subwoofer situation.

UPDATE: watched "Elysium" last evening ... felt a little bit of rumble, not alot - nothing earth shattering, but that's OK with me ... the SB2000s are sounding great with music, are a perfect size for me and look nice too (the metal grills are sharp and match my MartinLogan Motion 40s, 30, and LX16s well)

Also, the grills fit a whole lot better on my SB2000s than on the SB12NSD that I returned//exchanged//upgraded from ... there seems to be a slight design modification going on there :-)

Yeah, I find the SB2000 to be a musical sub that isn't particularly intense/earth shaking but it does provide a nice punch alongside my PSB T6 towers which have nice highs/mids but sound a bit weak in the lower end. Helped out with my dance party last night, that's for sure. So far I'm happy with the way it sounds with those towers. I've got it about 3 feet from one of the speakers, a bit forward of it. I've set the gain to around 2 o'clock, phase 0, low pass close to 80 kHZ. I think it blends in pretty well but I expect to do more tweaking in the following weeks.
post #915 of 1456 Old 03-31-2014, 04:38 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

Oh I'm sure the 12+ is quite the upgrade over the pb2000. When I spoke with Mason over at SVS, he was merely stating that the PB2000 is such a significant upgrade over my current sub (paradigm PW-2100) that I wouldn't need to step up to the 12+.
post #916 of 1456 Old 03-31-2014, 06:42 AM

Devin ->

12+ was to me a huge step-up compared with the older NSD12.... However, the gap has closed referring to the new PB2000, as it has 40% more output than the NSD.  Each new SVS model they come out with is better than the last, and better value... Amazing accomplishment! 
The 12+ will still be a step up, but not huge... Max 50% more output and will probably sound a bit better.  The main difference is the finish, and features.

The bass transducers are simply put... AMAZING. 

For example.  My good friend has an incredible system.  2 ultras, with B&W's around, Bryston amps, the whole 9 yards.  For music, I have not heard better... For movies, outstanding... HOWEVER, something was still missing.  Sure the Ultras will pressurize the room, and you will feel a kick in the chest, and some vibrations in your listening position... But that's just it..  Some vibrations...

If an earthquake was actually to happen... Best believe you will feel the ground REALLY rumble, and vibrate, etc.  As well when something explodes you should FEEL like it happened to you...  NO subwoofer can do this.  It will sound real, it will give you the pressurized feeling, but it will NOT feel real.

The bass transducer will make you feel like there was a REAL earthquake!!  They are used in theme parks like Universal Studios... For those who think they are a gimmick, I HIGHLY doubt IMAX etc, would waste money on them.  And for those who have experienced them setup properly, understand their true effect!  

There are many differ kinds.  In my research and experience the Buttkicker is the best.  It is the only one that can play SOLID 9hz!!!  It will put that frequency into your body!!  You can put it on your couch, or UNDER YOUR FLOOR!!  And when the LFE for say the earth quake hits, you will SWEAR there was an earthquake!! For you to get this same effect with a subwoofer, you will need MEGABUCKS and probably a hearing aid :)

When I introduced this to my friend.  He said, this was the cheapest most effective upgrade he has EVER experienced.  Anyways, this is off topic, but I wanted to answer ~~Devin's question.

Also Devin, I feel that a bass transducer with a good subwoofer is FAR better than 1 great subwoofer.  1 SVS pb1000 with a buttkicker would WALK over a svs ultra in terms of movie performance, unless you rather hear more than feel.  So I guess we are back to the same thing... What do you prefer... Everyone is different.

My old setup consist of 2 Mirage om-5, matching center and surrounds with duel paradigm PW2200 (later duel polk micropro4000) .  That means 4 8" subwoofers and 2 12" subwoofers all active.  And I will say my 1 PB1000 and Buttkicker WALK over my old setup in terms of movies, and it's also important to note I'm using satellites!! 

The point is, I feel most peoples subwoofers play loud enough... They just don't drop low enough to FEEL it, and provide the realism.  Again, everything is preference.  And this is all just my opinion, and I know I got off topic, my apologies.  I just want to make sure Devin can make the best possible purchase.  What sucks is not doing it right the first time.

Hope this helps!  No haters please!  God bless!

post #917 of 1456 Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh I'm sure the 12+ is quite the upgrade over the pb2000. When I spoke with Mason over at SVS, he was merely stating that the PB2000 is such a significant upgrade over my current sub (paradigm PW-2100) that I wouldn't need to step up to the 12+.
a pb/pc12+ is Equivalent to about 1.5x pb2000 according to svs. I owned a pc12+ and preferred the pb2000 over it in terms of t low output the pc12+ just didnt cut it. Maybe the pb version would produce different results in my room but the cylinder was no match for the pb2000 in the low end..

Power - Denon AVR-E300
L/R
- JBL Studio 530
Center - JBL Studio 520C
Surrounds - JBL ES20
Sub - SVS PB-2000
Display - Samsung UN65H6350
post #918 of 1456 Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by abajetta2 View Post

a pb/pc12+ is Equivalent to about 1.5x pb2000 according to svs. I owned a pc12+ and preferred the pb2000 over it in terms of t low output the pc12+ just didnt cut it. Maybe the pb version would produce different results in my room but the cylinder was no match for the pb2000 in the low end..

if the pc 12 +  was set up in 16 hz mode how could the pb2000  out put more?     did you have the pc 12 plus in sealed mode.. your statement makes me lost...

cheers

post #919 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy301 View Post

if the pc 12 +  was set up in 16 hz mode how could the pb2000  out put more?     did you have the pc 12 plus in sealed mode.. your statement makes me lost...

cheers
I tried 16hz anf native 20hz and just couldnt get the low end output in the 20hz range that the pb2000 had. Above the 20hz range the pc definitely has alot of output but like I said, maybe the pb12+ would be a better comparission and maube the cylinder pc12+ just didnt like my room..

Power - Denon AVR-E300
L/R
- JBL Studio 530
Center - JBL Studio 520C
Surrounds - JBL ES20
Sub - SVS PB-2000
post #920 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I wonder because the large distance from the driver and ports? Phase cancellation maybe

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #921 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abajetta2 View Post

I tried 16hz anf native 20hz and just couldnt get the low end output in the 20hz range that the pb2000 had. Above the 20hz range the pc definitely has alot of output but like I said, maybe the pb12+ would be a better comparission and maube the cylinder pc12+ just didnt like my room..

Do you have comparative graphs/measurements on this? 

Denon AVR-X1000

SVS PB-2000

post #922 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittyfit View Post

Devin ->

Also Devin, I feel that a bass transducer with a good subwoofer is FAR better than 1 great subwoofer.  1 SVS pb1000 with a buttkicker would WALK over a svs ultra in terms of movie performance, unless you rather hear more than feel.  So I guess we are back to the same thing... What do you prefer... Everyone is different.

My old setup consist of 2 Mirage om-5, matching center and surrounds with duel paradigm PW2200 (later duel polk micropro4000) .  That means 4 8" subwoofers and 2 12" subwoofers all active.  And I will say my 1 PB1000 and Buttkicker WALK over my old setup in terms of movies, and it's also important to note I'm using satellites!! 

The point is, I feel most peoples subwoofers play loud enough... They just don't drop low enough to FEEL it, and provide the realism.  Again, everything is preference.  And this is all just my opinion, and I know I got off topic, my apologies.  I just want to make sure Devin can make the best possible purchase.  What sucks is not doing it right the first time.

You've piqued my interest, but checking the website shows the LFE Kit at $699 which is nearly the price of the SB-2000. That price seems a bit steep. Wouldn't you want two subs over 1 sub and a butt kicker?
post #923 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farley1 View Post

Do you have comparative graphs/measurements on this? 

No i do not, i dont own any measurment tools so i went off ear, but the difference was hugely noticeable.

I played test tones and various bass tracks, tried different placement, multiple runs of audyssey and just couldnt get it to extend like the pb2000 in the 20hz range. On the other hand, the pc12+ played below 18hz or so much better than the pb2000, but for me the 20hz range is far more important which seemed like a null with the pc12+. Saying this sub cant extend wouldn't be necessarily fair since maybe my room acoustics are better off with a front firing port/sub. But with that said, playing a 20hz tone on the pb2000 is awesome, it plays with authority and i can feel the pressure. With the PC12+ it just seems like a null tone with this sub regardless of tune. Although it did shake alot of stuff, it was clearly not the same as the pb2000, it was night and day. The 16hz tune was a bit better than the 20hz tune on low stuff which is expected, but it still wasnt near the same as the pb2000. I dont nesicarilly think its the subwoofer, i think its just the room and the placement options i have available combined with the top firing ports , bottom firing sub. I would love to see someone else compare the two, but i havent been able to find any comparisons.

Power - Denon AVR-E300
L/R
- JBL Studio 530
Center - JBL Studio 520C
Surrounds - JBL ES20
Sub - SVS PB-2000
post #924 of 1456 Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 AM

spas2k -> Great question!!

The ONLY answer to this question = depends on the person/use.

If you are using it for Home Theater... Anyone that has the buttkicker setup properly will say -> Best upgrade for the money ever.

iMAX + other companies use them.  Rides in the arcade use them... Because they not only work, they increase the realism and provide what some now call 4D experience.  The buttkicker will provide a tactical feeling that not even 4 SVS Ultras can provide.  Also a plus for some it will not upset neighbors.  

The buttkicker can play flat down to 9hz.... Some report flat performance down to 5hz... 

Some people use the bass shakers with no subwoofer.... Think the arcade does it... And it still makes the experience A LOT more realistic.

For music, some like it, some don't.  All about taste.

At the end of the day, if an explosion happens in your movie, and you want to feel like you are right in the movie you will def. want the buttkicker.  Like I said, you will go hard of hearing before you feel close to as much bass as the buttkicker.  Not subwoofer will do the same.  NOT POSSIBLE....... YET :)

Hope this helps!
Smittyfit 

post #925 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Guys,

How does the SB-2000 do in the 120-150Hz range? Looking to replace all my large speakers to Cambridge Audio minx satellite 21 (120-20k Hz )eek.gif. The living room is 13x20 with 8ft ceiling. Usage is 80% movies/concerts & 20% music. I hardly play my system loud. I have a 120" screen (not sure it matters).

The SB2000 is a recent release? Only one finish?

Btw, currently I have a jl fathom113 but the spec doesn't look like it plays too high (can move to the office)rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your advice.

Tractng
post #926 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

Guys,

How does the SB-2000 do in the 120-150Hz range?

Tractng

SB-2000 Performance 

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #927 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

media.nl?id=13855&c=3634088&h=c660401025ecfee938de 

Impressive.
post #928 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post

Guys,

How does the SB-2000 do in the 120-150Hz range? Looking to replace all my large speakers to Cambridge Audio minx satellite 21 (120-20k Hz )eek.gif. The living room is 13x20 with 8ft ceiling. Usage is 80% movies/concerts & 20% music. I hardly play my system loud. I have a 120" screen (not sure it matters).

The SB2000 is a recent release? Only one finish?

Btw, currently I have a jl fathom113 but the spec doesn't look like it plays too high (can move to the office)rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your advice.

Tractng

If you're interested in a subjective response, I think it handles upper lows/lower mids quite well. I've had my SB-2000 for about a month now. Typically I set crossover for my mains at 60hz, but I have experimented with settings as high as 150hz. The tonal quality is excellent throughout the (approximate) range you mention, though of course it will localize at those frequencies.

post #929 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikwasi View Post

If you're interested in a subjective response, I think it handles upper lows/lower mids quite well. I've had my SB-2000 for about a month now. Typically I set crossover for my mains at 60hz, but I have experimented with settings as high as 150hz. The tonal quality is excellent throughout the (approximate) range you mention, though of course it will localize at those frequencies.

Thank you. I am waiting for the gloss one if they ever come out. I never had luck with ash finishes (chips, etc).
post #930 of 1456 Old 04-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

SB-2000 Performance 

what is the max out put at 20- 30 and 30- 60 hz of this sub?   how does that compare to the sb 13u

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each , Svs Pb2000 , Svs Sb2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Pb2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page