Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1352 Old Today, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname123 View Post
I 1st has dual PB-1000s....quickly upgraded to PB-2000s. I wouldn't call them rubbish but the 1000s definitely left a lot to be desired for me. When I had the volume cranked up to -10 or higher and some heavy LFE hit they just couldn't handle it to my expectations. Now with the dual 2000s its much much better. Watched Gravity last night at -10 or so, and it was just an HBO HD feed but it sounded and felt amazing. Even made the dog start trembling.....that's my telltale sign....that and the wife complaining it's too loud!

Good to know, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1352 Old Today, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvy111 View Post
At first I thought my pb-1000 sounded pretty good but that was when I had it at lowish volumes during break in, at moderate volume levels it sounded a bit boomy and distorted(unclean). I did all the usual things, subwoofer crawl, receiver calibration(denon x4000), phase shift etc but couldn't get it to sound satisfactory so I had an online chat with guys at svs. They got me to strip the whole thing apart, take out the amp and driver to see what's up. They concluded based on the tests I did that the driver was faulty but I'm not so sure, if they are right then I apologise for the 'rubbish' comment. I didn't want to risk getting another however so I opted to exchange for the pb-2000 which is on it's way.

My room is 2300cuft fully enclosed with fabric frames on the walls and heavy carpet, I use it mostly for movies(6.1) and a bit for music. The pb-1000 didn't have a problem filling the room at my desired volume which is moderate, it just didn't sound very good to me. I did think long and hard about getting either the pb12 plus or sb13ultra but I just can't afford it right now. We'll see how things go with the pb-2000.
Now that explains quite a bit, and why you are unhappy with the PB-1000. A faulty driver will indeed sound like rubbish.

Since you've done everything you could with the PB-1000 … and you sure look like you know all the pitfalls and how to mitigate room modes, I'm hoping you will be highly impressed with the PB-2000. It should provide you with some very impressive bass in that medium size room, and since it is mostly for movies, the PB is a great choice. And yes, let us know what you think once you've set it up.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each , Svs Pb2000 , Svs Sb2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page