SB12-NSD going back for the PB-1000
I've auditioned the SB12-NSD and am sending it back today, though very reluctantly. The bass quality is superb for such a tiny box. The one thing I desired, impact from the mid-bass kick drums was possible to achieve, but I ended up battling the limiter at higher volumes because to get that impact I had to set it @1:30, a bit hot but perfect sound. I don't watch movies but I can confirm that it rumbles really well with explosions and such in PC gaming. ( Yeah, I did the Fallout 3 8-round mini-nuke to check. hehehe.)
If not for that detail I would gladly keep the SB12. Whether the SB-2000 would have gotten me that impact I don't know, but I don't have the extra $300 right now, and I'm sure that the ported PB-1000 will give that slam, though I'm betting that I'll be just a little disappointed in the quality of bass sound. I'll post about that when it gets here. I plan to go for the PB-2000 right after Christmas, and then a second when I save enough.
I should add that this is all in a tiny bedroom with the setup being a sound card replacement for this PC. So music is about 80% and gaming/YouTube videos the other 20%.
I would really love to hear the SB-Ultra, but that's more than I can afford while raising two grandchildren. My son is just tickled pink to get this PSW505, so happy all around. I'm lucky to have very laid-back neighbors as well.
i7-6700k @4ghz/gtx 980ti SC+/Sandisk256gb SSD-Toshiba 2TB HDD/Asrock z170 Extreme 4 mobo/16gb 2133 ram/Sound via Pioneer Elite vsx-90/B&W 601se/KEF C-40(dual-8"driver mini-towers)/SVS PB-2000 sub/FiiO E17 Alpen DAC/Audio Technica M50 headphones(never used! heheh)/Crossover 2560x1440 monitor