New SVS PB2000 and SB2000 subs!!!!!! - Page 48 - AVS Forum
First ... 46  47  48 49  50  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > New SVS PB2000 and SB2000 subs!!!!!!
avkiller's Avatar avkiller 07:21 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
For a theater I would get the dual PB2000's for sure. I have heard duals in a theater larger than yours and they sounded really good. I actually had a PB2000 for about 3 days and liked it as well, but could not integrate it with my other subs, so I sent it back. It was just an experiment.
Thanks for the advice... Looks like i might be getting dual PB2000's, the only other option to consider is a single pb13-ultra?

discone's Avatar discone 07:28 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
So, I picked up my SB-2000 this morning, and swapped out the old sub. First impressions are, it's definitely.... different. From an aesthetics standpoint, I can't believe how small this thing is - it's tiny. I quite like the metal grill (I have cats, and this for me, ths is a godsend). And the rounded corners is also a nice touch. What I'm not a fan of is the power indicator light. I've stuck translucent tape on every light emitting display of all my gear, so I'll be doing the same with this sub. After re-running Audyssey and listening to a few music tracks, the bass didn't really jump out at me. I feel that I got more 'chest-thump' from my Energy 10.3. Having said that, I think that I have gotten accustomed somewhat to the slight boominess of that sub. The SB-2000 felt much more controlled and refined, no really calling undue attention to itself.

Next up was Master and Commander. This is where the SB-2000 really performed very well. The room-shaking output was present, but that wasn't what impressed me - it was the integration of the sub with the rest of the audio. Hearing how the sub delivers the 'quiet bass' moments, such as the running footsteps of the sailors on the main deck as heard from below, then ratcheting up to the recoil of the cannon fire, I could hear much more detail.

So, the sub didn't exactly floor me with sheer wall-ratting output, but it's definitely an improvement in sonic quality.
Glad to hear it was an improvement for you. I'm sure once it is broke in a little and loosens up the sound will only get better. I hear you on the cats and was glad they switched over to the metal grill. I was set to get the PB-1000 when I seen they were coming out with the PB-2000. I waited and saved a bit more to get it so as not having to worry about a cloth grill.
tezster's Avatar tezster 09:19 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtallguy View Post
Well a ported will show off a lot more output then their sealed subs, I can tell you when I run my svs in sealed vs ported its an increase of what feels like 3 times the deep bass or room shaking bass, maybe you need a ported also as I dont know your room or listening habits
You're right as far as the output of a ported sub goes compared to the sealed counterparts, I just don't quite have enough space for one... maybe one day when I have a dedicated media/theater room

Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Glad to hear it was an improvement for you. I'm sure once it is broke in a little and loosens up the sound will only get better. I hear you on the cats and was glad they switched over to the metal grill. I was set to get the PB-1000 when I seen they were coming out with the PB-2000. I waited and saved a bit more to get it so as not having to worry about a cloth grill.
I watched Taken as my 2nd test movie. While it proved difficult to hear any increased output with Master and Commander compared to my old sub, there was no such concern with Taken. I've always loved the aggressive surround mix of this movie, and the concussive feel of the gunshots even moreso. The SB-2000 far and away sounded louder and more explosive.
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction 09:31 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by avkiller View Post
Thanks for the advice... Looks like i might be getting dual PB2000's, the only other option to consider is a single pb13-ultra?

The pb13 ultra is clearly a better sub, but it is hard to choose one sub vs duals. If you have in mind that you would possibly get a second ultra later in the future, then I would go that way. The best thing about duals or more is having a great response across all seats. When you just have a single sub, there will be better seats than others when it comes to bass. Take it from me....I went with a single expensive/powerful sub at first and then realized that I needed more subs to get the response good in all seats. My $.02
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 12:28 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
You're right as far as the output of a ported sub goes compared to the sealed counterparts, I just don't quite have enough space for one... maybe one day when I have a dedicated media/theater room

I watched Taken as my 2nd test movie. While it proved difficult to hear any increased output with Master and Commander compared to my old sub, there was no such concern with Taken. I've always loved the aggressive surround mix of this movie, and the concussive feel of the gunshots even moreso. The SB-2000 far and away sounded louder and more explosive.
I was in a similar boat as you...i went from mirage omni s12 (similar to your energy) to one sb12NSD...as i watched a terminator i immediatelly noticed that something was missing...there wasnt so much room shaking bass as iwas used to when the robot was making that noise (i knew that when i went from ported to sealed) but overall bass was more difined and i also found what you said...that the boominess is gone. I purchased a second sb12 nsd three months later. I still dont know what a preffer a sealed or ported...i really like that there is no boominess but on the other hand i miss more room shaking bass in movies...now i am deciding if i would sell one sb12 and get one sb13ultra with one sb12 to flatten response...if i had a place i would go with one pb12+ or pb13 ultra because of the possiblities they offer (sealed or ported). If i could test sb13ultra and if it would get me a little closer to room shaking bass i would keep it if not i would send it back...but i live in europe...if i buy it i will have to have it...room is sealed around 1600cubic feet...or i could go with pb2000 but i am affraid that my room will excite all those low freq and will sound boomy again...so now i am 75% sure to get sb13ultra, just need a little more push over the fence from you guys please help
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 01:18 AM 08-17-2014
tommaazz, I went 20-39 PC Plus, PC Ultra 13, SB Ultra 13. Like you I didn't find the ported models offered the best for music. Also have SB12+ so tried that in the HT and not impressed compared to PC Ultra 13 so that only left SB Ultra 13 as an option.

Only in a small room 800 cu feet
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 01:41 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
tommaazz, I went 20-39 PC Plus, PC Ultra 13, SB Ultra 13. Like you I didn't find the ported models offered the best for music. Also have SB12+ so tried that in the HT and not impressed compared to PC Ultra 13 so that only left SB Ultra 13 as an option.

Only in a small room 800 cu feet
Does it deliever enough slam in HT? I will never go dual sb13ultra as is just too expensive in Europe but i might get one and pair it with one of my sb12...is it a good idea? I have audyssey xt32 with subEQ HT so i think it might help a bit...the ultra doing a hard work and sb12 to flatten the response across the room...i watch and listen at around -15 (movies) -10 music...can sb13 ultra shake your room? I am thinking of buying it this week..because when i set my mind on something...i cant let it go till it is mine
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 01:48 AM 08-17-2014
yes it does. I could also add SB12, either stacked on top or other side of the TV. I only have antimode 8033 cinema not individual and combines sub EQ like you.
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 04:30 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
yes it does. I could also add SB12, either stacked on top or other side of the TV. I only have antimode 8033 cinema not individual and combines sub EQ like you.
So could you say that the difference between sb12+ and sb13ultra is night and day especially in movies? Well you are pushing me over the fence and toward a sb13ultra very fast well thank you my wife will strangle me as this could be my third sub in less than a year and ihope it will be last for a long time at the end if i dont like mixing it with sb12 well i can sell the second sb12...one sb12will go to my brother
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 04:48 AM 08-17-2014
Yes SB12+ to SB Ultra 13 is like night and day. You wouldn't think just a 1.5" bigger driver and double power would equate to such a vast improvement.

The SB12+ is in the other room for the 2 channel Hi-Fi. For that it's perfect. I sold the PC Ultra 13 and for a week moved the SB12+ to the home theatre, as I was thinking about single or dual SB2000 or perhaps dual BK XLS 400. But I wasn't impressed. Sure there was bass, superb for music (better than PC Ultra 13) but none of that scary room shaking for movies.

Have antimode 8033cinema, so ran it each time for PC Ultra 13, SB 12+ and SB Ultra 13.

If it can't give room shaking bass in a 800 cu foot room don't know how people are managing in rooms two or three times my size with single or dual 12" subs.

But I was doubting even if SB2000 duals would offer that gut wrenching impact the single PC Ultra 13 offered. I looked for a second SB12+ but they're hard to find. So thought it best to stick to driver I'm used to, just in a smaller package.

Remember it's not about max volume, as I wasn't reaching limits of SB12+ Same idea behind a AVR versus dedicated power I guess. Not impressed with AVR's capability in driving speakers, unlike even a budget 2 channel amplifier ie 60W outclasses most AVR's

The fnish on the Ultra is much better than the SB2000/PB2000 (unless you pay for the gloss finish) that bumps up the price another $100. The wood effect in just vinyl wrap on the Ultra it's real wood veneer. SB2000 gloss isn't that far off SB Ultra 13 money IMO.

SB12 + for movies...meh is that it?
SB Ultra 13...that's more like it.

Now SB Ultra 13 versus PC Ultra 13 is harder to judge. Of course the design of the ported has more headroom but would I need that in a 800 cu foot room? No way. I didn't even bottom out PC Plus 20-39 and that has several dB disadvantage to the PC Ultra 13.

I would like a SB Ultra 13 in the hifi but for 2 channel it's a bit too expensive, I would like the advanced features the Ultra 13 plate amp has, namely variable high pass and slope, and slope on the crossover, room compensation, 2 channel PEQ.

In fact I may look into REW and UMC-1 with two systems with subwoofer PEQ may be now worthwhile
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 06:09 AM 08-17-2014
Well i think you just pushed me over so...thank you for draining my bank account i am just waiting for a mail from the shop to see if they can give me some discount...so sb13ultra.and sb12 it is...i doubt i will get it this week probably next...but i will post my impressions.as soon as i get it...
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 06:18 AM 08-17-2014
haha

Have a think whether gloss black or blash ash would suit location, I think gloss black may be a distraction in HT from bias lights, light from screen etc. So went for black ash.

Wouldn't mind dual SB Ultra 13 but I think in a 800cu foot room it may be just a bit over the top. Perhaps if I find one really cheap.
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 06:25 AM 08-17-2014
Black ash certainly...i dont like gloss too much...i hope it will rock and i dont regret it...if it will be a little more punch than thats it
CHASLS2's Avatar CHASLS2 06:30 AM 08-17-2014
Is there any real differance in my SB12 NSD and the SB2000?
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction 06:56 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Well i think you just pushed me over so...thank you for draining my bank account i am just waiting for a mail from the shop to see if they can give me some discount...so sb13ultra.and sb12 it is...i doubt i will get it this week probably next...but i will post my impressions.as soon as i get it...
Do you have any idea where you are going to put the subs? I am asking because the sb12 will run out of gas way before the ultra and should be placed closer to the listening position than the ultra. Before you go out and get two different subs, research a little bit on this forum about using two different subs. There is nothing wrong in doing so, but you need to know what you are getting into before you spend a lot of money. If you are out to get the most SPL out of two subs, you might want to go ported.

Quote:
haha

Have a think whether gloss black or blash ash would suit location, I think gloss black may be a distraction in HT from bias lights, light from screen etc. So went for black ash.

Wouldn't mind dual SB Ultra 13 but I think in a 800cu foot room it may be just a bit over the top. Perhaps if I find one really cheap.
I agree with the black ash for home theater for sure.

It is always great to have headroom. getting a second sub is always a good idea because the entire point of multiples is for great response. Of course you get a few added db's as well, but there is nothing better than quality bass IMO. There is a guy on this forum named miniht that also has a 800cf room with two JTR S2's! That is awesome! I have one of those subs so I know what it is capable of and couldn't imagine two of them in such a small room.
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 07:15 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Do you have any idea where you are going to put the subs? I am asking because the sb12 will run out of gas way before the ultra and should be placed closer to the listening position than the ultra. Before you go out and get two different subs, research a little bit on this forum about using two different subs. There is nothing wrong in doing so, but you need to know what you are getting into before you spend a lot of money. If you are out to get the most SPL out of two subs, you might want to go ported.

It is always great to have headroom. getting a second sub is always a good idea because the entire point of multiples is for great response. Of course you get a few added db's as well, but there is nothing better than quality bass IMO. There is a guy on this forum named miniht that also has a 800cf room with two JTR S2's! That is awesome! I have one of those subs so I know what it is capable of and couldn't imagine two of them in such a small room.
Hi.i already have 2xsb12 so i was thinking of selling one to my brother and use the one i already have with sb13ultra.if i dont like results i can allways sell sb12. I will have both subs in the front corner...sb12 will be in the left were it will gain a db or two compared to right side. I hope it will work.
fatbottom's Avatar fatbottom 07:55 AM 08-17-2014
You could always have stereo SB12 from the L/R, with SB Ultra 13 for LFE. Some work around with L/R bass management though, unless your pre has left & right subs and LFE sub pre-outs.
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 08:41 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
You could always have stereo SB12 from the L/R, with SB Ultra 13 for LFE. Some work around with L/R bass management though, unless your pre has left & right subs and LFE sub pre-outs.
No i will use max sb12 and sb13 or just sb13 depending on the results as this is in living room. I have marantz sr7008 and bx speakers from monitor audio
daru2707's Avatar daru2707 08:55 AM 08-17-2014
Hi everyone

Sorry to interrupt - but this is just the topic I need, so I thought I might join in

I already have my "own" thread regarding speaker choice because I'm upgrading now - special thanks to user dsrussell for really good advice and overall engagement

I also learned a lot about subwoofers and which ones to choose ( in theory ) but I'm really struggling, because I'm also torn between an SB-2000, or a PB-1000/PB-2000. The thing is - I can't audition them, because I live in Poland, so I need as many opinions as I can acquire. SVS recommended an SB-1000/2000 for my room size, which is ~1550 cubic feet. They told me though that while I will get very low bass for music that I want, there won't be much rumble and actual punch for movies, as well as music.

So I wonder would a PB-1000/2000 be a total overkill for my room size and would I be unhappy with it? I mean, could boominess, poor performance for music, etc happen? This is huge money for me, so I really want to make a wise choice.

To give a small comparison - I currently have a Microlab Solo 7C set in my room. It's not brilliant, but it was an improvement over my old Creative set. So to sum up, I have 55 Watts per speaker, so a total 110 Watts RMS power. Each speaker has a tweeter and 2 x 6,5" woofers. They are ported too. This is enough to give a small punch in the chest in my room - at loud volume though, and very boomy - which is something I want to avoid, because I like listening to music at moderate levels. So I figured even a sealed, but 12 (!!) inch sub would outperform those Microlabs in pure power ? I need a sub because at moderate listening levels - there is no depth or punch at all in my current setup, not to mention the quality gap between computer speakers and hi-fi gear.

What would you say is most suitable for my room? To excel both in music and movies? Shall I go with SB2000 or risk it with a ported model? Anybody using any of them around my room size ?
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction 09:16 AM 08-17-2014
I would go with the pb2000. The only time I will suggest sealed is if there are many of them or the person is chasing the single digits in fq. IMO there is no such thing is overkill when it comes to subs. You can always turn the trim down and it is way better to have head room than not enough. Reading all of the reviews on both the sb and pb subs, the pb was good for music as well.
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 10:20 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by daru2707 View Post
They told me though that while I will get very low bass for music that I want, there won't be much rumble and actual punch for movies, as well as music.
You have to answer that question first.

If you have heard very high end subs in your area stores (think subs costing 2 to 3 times MSRP of the SVS), and you know you prefer sealed subs, then go with the SB-2000. Otherwise, the SB-2000 might have a slight edge in SQ which might not even matter to you if you compared them, but the PB-2000 will likely give you better deep extension, making it a bit more fun for movie watching.

If you are a basshead who likes heavy bass, or you know you will be listening to movies at very high volume, then go with the PB-2000. It has significantly more max output than the SB-2000.

If the size of the PB-2000 would severely limit placement options, whereas the SB-2000 would not, then perhaps the SB-2000 is the better choice. Subs perform differently depending on where you place then in the room, and you might get better performance in one location over another. The SB-2000s primarily advantage over the PB-2000 is that it's a compact sealed sub that is significantly easier to place in a room because of its small size and tends to make wives happier

Finally, you might read these reviews of the PB12-NSD and SB12-NSD, the predecessors of the PB-2000 and SB-2000. The SB-2000 will go a touch lower and a bit louder than the SB12, so you might read with that in mind:
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...-nsd-subwoofer
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/pb12-nsd
dsrussell's Avatar dsrussell 10:50 AM 08-17-2014
daru: I agree with everything P.I. and cel said. While all subs may reproduce sounds a little differently (doesn't matter if we are talking sealed vs sealed or ported vs ported, or sealed vs ported), I doubt in a blind test one could tell sealed from ported when playing music, but you may indeed hear and feel a difference with LFE in movies. I'll also add that there really isn't a thing called too much subwoofer for my room (except, perhaps, physical size limitations). Since you do not have the luxury of simply returning something that doesn't perform to your expectations and getting a bigger, badder sub to replace it without selling your sub and buying another, go for the sub that will give you the best performance for movies. If you have the room, I'd be leaning toward the PB-2000 of those subs mentioned.

And if it IS too much sub for music in your small room? Just turn down the gain a bit, when playing music.
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 12:54 PM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
And if it IS too much sub for music in your small room? Just turn down the gain a bit, when playing music.
Yep. And if you ever decide to move your setup to a bigger room, you would be glad you had the PB-2000.
CHASLS2's Avatar CHASLS2 01:40 PM 08-17-2014
Is there much of a differance from the SB12NSD and the SB2000?
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 01:42 PM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Is there much of a differance from the SB12NSD and the SB2000?
The SB12 supposedly has a bit better lower extension and a little more maximum output.
daru2707's Avatar daru2707 02:17 AM 08-18-2014
Thank you for replies !

Quote:
IMO there is no such thing is overkill when it comes to subs. You can always turn the trim down and it is way better to have head room than not enough. Reading all of the reviews on both the sb and pb subs, the pb was good for music as well.
Yes, that's what I thought - since it's a huge purchase and I won't have an option to return it I'm scared of getting disappointed. I also think that it's always way better to tame the beast than not to be able to bring out the beast at all. So a pretty convincing opinion, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
daru: I agree with everything P.I. and cel said. I'll also add that there really isn't a thing called too much subwoofer for my room (except, perhaps, physical size limitations). Since you do not have the luxury of simply returning something that doesn't perform to your expectations and getting a bigger, badder sub to replace it without selling your sub and buying another, go for the sub that will give you the best performance for movies. If you have the room, I'd be leaning toward the PB-2000 of those subs mentioned.

Yes I think it is an overall safer bet - so we have 3 opinions driving me towards the PB2000 The only thing I have to figure out is what amp/avr to choose with a sub-out and how to connect all this to make my PC the headquarters of music and movies. But I'll worry about it when I find those golden fronts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
If you are a basshead who likes heavy bass, or you know you will be listening to movies at very high volume, then go with the PB-2000. It has significantly more max output than the SB-2000.

If the size of the PB-2000 would severely limit placement options, whereas the SB-2000 would not, then perhaps the SB-2000 is the better choice
I actually never heard a sealed sub. I will because I'm going to audition some REL or Velodyne this week. I guess I am a basshead because I LOVE it ... but not as extreme as some. Well placing might be difficult because what I'm afraid of is this - I have a large long ( wide, not deep ) piano alongside one of my longer walls and that probably won't ever go out because I'm using it a lot and if I wanted to move it to my other, a lot smaller room, it would clump it up totally and probably sound bad. Along the other longer wall there is going to be a couch and there's a rather wide and tall cupboard, which I might get rid of, but not 100%. The point is - I've seen many people place ported subs along the wall, but moved away from the corner. That's also what SVS suggests for best performance/depth. Trouble is with my current furniture if I wanted to move the sub away from the corner ( given the size of the PB2000 which is roughly 2 times bigger than my current PC ) it would get sort of "covered" by either the piano or the cupboard, if you know what I mean. It might need to fit between the furniture, and shorter wall, so it wouldn't fire into open space. Would that be a huge disadvantage? In that case I would have to get rid of the cupboard I'm not using it anyway actually, it just adds atmosphere to the room because it's a pretty old-fashioned apartment. If I got rid of it though, I would have a lot room to dance with the sub.

Second problem - I live in a block of flats - fortunately on the 10th, last floor and my apartment is pretty well-ish isolated from the other 3 on my floor. The walls are thick and I never hear a single thing from the other flats - even though I do when I step out of my front door. So I guess my biggest concern would be the neighbours below me - but there are rubber isolation pads for subwoofers - also I'm changing floors in my apartment and I want to put some isolation into the one in my listening room. Not that I want to shatter my walls ( well ... more like can't ), but I like to crank up the volume from time to time and get a chest massage - would those additions help the PB-2000 to not bother people under me ?
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction 06:29 AM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Thank you for replies !

Yes, that's what I thought - since it's a huge purchase and I won't have an option to return it I'm scared of getting disappointed. I also think that it's always way better to tame the beast than not to be able to bring out the beast at all. So a pretty convincing opinion, thanks
No problem

Quote:
Yes I think it is an overall safer bet - so we have 3 opinions driving me towards the PB2000 The only thing I have to figure out is what amp/avr to choose with a sub-out and how to connect all this to make my PC the headquarters of music and movies. But I'll worry about it when I find those golden fronts
Easy as you just said. When you find and avr that you want, just plug the sub out into the input on the amp on your sub. bypass the crossover on your sub (or turn the crossover all the way up) and run room correction on your avr. Done.

Connect your computer via hdmi cable from a good video card.
cel4145's Avatar cel4145 09:07 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Thank you for replies !

I actually never heard a sealed sub. I will because I'm going to audition some REL or Velodyne this week. I guess I am a basshead because I LOVE it ... but not as extreme as some. Well placing might be difficult because what I'm afraid of is this - I have a large long ( wide, not deep ) piano alongside one of my longer walls and that probably won't ever go out because I'm using it a lot and if I wanted to move it to my other, a lot smaller room, it would clump it up totally and probably sound bad. Along the other longer wall there is going to be a couch and there's a rather wide and tall cupboard, which I might get rid of, but not 100%. The point is - I've seen many people place ported subs along the wall, but moved away from the corner. That's also what SVS suggests for best performance/depth. Trouble is with my current furniture if I wanted to move the sub away from the corner ( given the size of the PB2000 which is roughly 2 times bigger than my current PC ) it would get sort of "covered" by either the piano or the cupboard, if you know what I mean. It might need to fit between the furniture, and shorter wall, so it wouldn't fire into open space. Would that be a huge disadvantage? In that case I would have to get rid of the cupboard I'm not using it anyway actually, it just adds atmosphere to the room because it's a pretty old-fashioned apartment. If I got rid of it though, I would have a lot room to dance with the sub.

Second problem - I live in a block of flats - fortunately on the 10th, last floor and my apartment is pretty well-ish isolated from the other 3 on my floor. The walls are thick and I never hear a single thing from the other flats - even though I do when I step out of my front door. So I guess my biggest concern would be the neighbours below me - but there are rubber isolation pads for subwoofers - also I'm changing floors in my apartment and I want to put some isolation into the one in my listening room. Not that I want to shatter my walls ( well ... more like can't ), but I like to crank up the volume from time to time and get a chest massage - would those additions help the PB-2000 to not bother people under me ?
I wouldn't worry about getting disappointed with either the SB-2000 or PB-2000. They are both excellent subs

A lot of people think isolation pads won't help in your situation. What they mainly do is prevent cabinet resonance transfer in to the floor, and very good subs like SVS don't have cabinet resonance issues.

The little bit extra low end bass extension from the PB-2000 does mean you would potentially be sending a little bit extra bass output to your neighbors. In that regard, might be better to sacrifice that performance for apartment use.

Corner loading tends to boost low end bass output. That's why SVS doesn't recommend it, although for some bassheads (and for some rooms) it can work better.

For AVRs, I recommend Denon because Audyssey MultiEQ room correction software automagically EQs the sub to help improve the in-room response--most room correction software only EQs the speakers. That's especially a plus when placement options are limited. Also, check out the various streaming features that AVRs have now. You can use a computer as a music server and send the signal over your network. Marantz also uses Audyssey, and higher end Onkyos (but don't get Audyssey 2EQ; it doesn't EQ the sub).
tommaazz's Avatar tommaazz 03:20 AM 08-19-2014
Quote:

Well i am just getting up from the fall over the fence that you pushed me ...sb13ultra is payed...just have to wait for next week to come when i will receive hopefully what will be a beast of a sub fingers crossed
Pain Infliction's Avatar Pain Infliction 06:28 AM 08-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommaazz View Post
Well i am just getting up from the fall over the fence that you pushed me ...sb13ultra is payed...just have to wait for next week to come when i will receive hopefully what will be a beast of a sub fingers crossed

Congrats! When you get it, dial it in and enjoy!
Tags: Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each , Svs Pb2000 , Svs Sb2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
First ... 46  47  48 49  50  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop