New SVS PB2000 and SB2000 subs!!!!!! - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1467 Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Even with Auddyssey, I would still manually tune the sub.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1467 Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey all. I'm about to be the brand new owner of the SB-2000. I can't wait to hear it, and until then I'll be going through this entire thread, page-by-page. Nice to meet you all, fellow and prospective owners.

Mr. Mysterious
post #1443 of 1467 Old 08-23-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mysterious View Post
Hey all. I'm about to be the brand new owner of the SB-2000. I can't wait to hear it, and until then I'll be going through this entire thread, page-by-page. Nice to meet you all, fellow and prospective owners.

Mr. Mysterious
Welcome to the club! Enjoy the reading as there is a lot.
post #1444 of 1467 Old 08-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Phew, that was a lot of technical information. I think I'm all read-out lol. It's time to stop thinking and to start enjoying the sub itself, once it arrives. How would one hook up a JBL LSR308 (XLR, TRS) to the SB-2000?

Mr. Mysterious
post #1445 of 1467 Old 08-24-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mysterious View Post
Phew, that was a lot of technical information. I think I'm all read-out lol. It's time to stop thinking and to start enjoying the sub itself, once it arrives. How would one hook up a JBL LSR308 (XLR, TRS) to the SB-2000?

Mr. Mysterious
You don't. You need an avr or pre/pro so that you can send the sub the correct content.

- Leon Phelps
post #1446 of 1467 Old 08-24-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
You don't. You need an avr or pre/pro so that you can send the sub the correct content.
I have a DAC, a Behringer UCA222 that is hooked up to my speakers (RCA and XLR) and to my computer (USB).

Mr. Mysterious
post #1447 of 1467 Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 305
^^ Call up SVS. Tell them what you have and how it is presently hooked up. They will give you detail information on how to get that sub integrated properly.
post #1448 of 1467 Old 08-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Just watched Pacific Rim with my brother to 'audition' the SB-2000; it passed with flying colours! He was very impressed. Bass was tight and punchy, and lots of bone-rattling output when the scene called for it. Watched the movie at -14dB MV, with the sub running +4dB hot.
post #1449 of 1467 Old 08-25-2014, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
No you don't

You can send the sub full-range, then use the subs own crossover.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #1450 of 1467 Old 08-25-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
No you don't

You can send the sub full-range, then use the subs own crossover.
Yes, that's exactly what people were telling me to do (although with generic/random speakers, not specifically the JBLs and the SVS, which is why I'm asking the same question in this thread to get specific answers). The JBLs' range is from 37Hz-24kHz, so where should the SB-2000's crossover be?

Mr. Mysterious
post #1451 of 1467 Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I'd say at lowest setting. In fact, I'd probably want a slightly lower crossover than the 2000's 50hz. My SVS SB12+ has 40hz lowest. Rel offer very low crossover points, which is good if you have floorstanders.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #1452 of 1467 Old 08-25-2014, 04:38 PM

Well I talked to SVS Customer Service and he helped me out in finding the right cable and setup for my 2.1 system. So excited!

Mr. Mysterious
post #1453 of 1467 Old 08-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Recently picked up the PB-2000, new for $719 with a 10% off coupon. I must say this sub is the truth. In my room of 2500 cubic feet it rocks. I've had the SVS PB12-NSD. PSA XV15se and currently have the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus. I placed the sub in my best corner, driver facing the wall at about 11" away. This thing performs like an angry pit bull backed into a corner. It was easy to get dialed in for everything, movies, games and music. It is easily better than my Outlaw LFM-1 Plus, which does a darn good job when in the same corner. I've been playing Tomb Raider on PS4 tonight and the gunfire, explosions, heartbeats, everything are insane. The extension, clarity and output from this sub is excellent. Highly recommended.
post #1454 of 1467 Old 08-28-2014, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Recently picked up the PB-2000, new for $719 with a 10% off coupon. I must say this sub is the truth. In my room of 2500 cubic feet it rocks. I've had the SVS PB12-NSD. PSA XV15se and currently have the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus. I placed the sub in my best corner, driver facing the wall at about 11" away. This thing performs like an angry pit bull backed into a corner. It was easy to get dialed in for everything, movies, games and music. It is easily better than my Outlaw LFM-1 Plus, which does a darn good job when in the same corner. I've been playing Tomb Raider on PS4 tonight and the gunfire, explosions, heartbeats, everything are insane. The extension, clarity and output from this sub is excellent. Highly recommended.

Hey - how is the PB-2000 for music? Does it ever get boomy or overwhelming ? Or does it disappear into performance just like they say ? And how is the low end extension when playing just relaxed - more quietly ? Could you give me that info ? Due to this thread I'm more and more wanting the PB-2000 although my room is smaller - 1550 cubic feet. The thing is I believe in "no such thing as too much power", I'm just scared that it might sound boomy in my room.

Now another question to everyone :

I soo much want to be able to enjoy my 20-something Hz music while playing modest enough to not disturb the people under me but still fell it a bit .. would the ported model do better than the sealed in this case? Every salesman I met is telling me about how loud sealed subs can get without distortion. My purpose is to feel the deep humm while listening to music at pleasant volume levels and to have that power reserve for, say, movies like Pacific Rim

Correct me if I'm wrong - if one sets the crossover to, say, 50 Hz - shouldn't this significantly remove boominess possibility? I've read somewhere that this irritating boomy bass notes start a little higher than 50 Hz, am I right ?
post #1455 of 1467 Old 08-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I thought I'd check back in since it seems likely they may release a PC-2000 in time for my 1 year upgrade. Since it is going to be similar to the PB-2000 I like to read everyones thoughts. From what I've read it's definitely worth the minor investment to step up from a NSD to a 2000, would you agree?

I'll read back a bit since last I was hear was a few months back. But if anyone switched from a NSD to a 2000 and would love to rave about it feel free to do so.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #1456 of 1467 Old 08-29-2014, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Congrats on the new sub! I've only gamed a little bit since I received my sub as I don't game much in the summer. I'm looking forward to playing this winter with this sub. It's nice to hear it sounds good with games.
post #1457 of 1467 Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why did you get rid of the PSA sub? I would think that it would outperform all of the subs listed??

- Leon Phelps
post #1458 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Hoping to get some advice. I'm current running a 5.1 system in a 4k cubic feet room. I own a def tech supercube ii, which I used to think was amazing but after 5 years I've realized it just doesn't work for the size of my room. So hence my dive back into research on subs.

I stumbled across the pb2000 and sb2000/sb12 on some forums and am starting my research. I have significant waf issues and only have a few decent areas for bass placement (front right next to center) or hidden next to a couch (closer to the towers).

My question is, would it be worth shooing for a pb2000 even if I'm limited to one spot in the room (couch) or one sb2000 placed in front ? I love punchy bass for music but crave that deep extension in movies.

I'm also thinking maybe 2 sb12's with the clearance pricing right up front with the towers.

I have a denon 4311 with audyssey xt32 so I think that will help as well.

Thanks in advance!
post #1459 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckylgpn5700 View Post
Hi All,

Hoping to get some advice. I'm current running a 5.1 system in a 4k cubic feet room. I own a def tech supercube ii, which I used to think was amazing but after 5 years I've realized it just doesn't work for the size of my room. So hence my dive back into research on subs.

I stumbled across the pb2000 and sb2000/sb12 on some forums and am starting my research. I have significant waf issues and only have a few decent areas for bass placement (front right next to center) or hidden next to a couch (closer to the towers).

My question is, would it be worth shooing for a pb2000 even if I'm limited to one spot in the room (couch) or one sb2000 placed in front ? I love punchy bass for music but crave that deep extension in movies.

I'm also thinking maybe 2 sb12's with the clearance pricing right up front with the towers.

Thanks in advance!
Hi. I had 2xsb12 in 1600 cubic feet room and i wasnt impressed...they were lacking that punch in movies that i also like, they sounded good in music...now i have sold one sb12 and got sb13 ultra and now we are talking Now i am so impressed that i will keep both for a very long time So i would recomend you pb2000 in that room it is the only way that you will be satisfied...or sb13 ultra
post #1460 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes placement can be a hindrance to the best sound from your subwoofer. The best is to always do a sub crawl to find best placsement, but when limited to a couple of spots check them and pick what sounds best. During my sub crawl found near field behind setting was the best, but it shook the better half a little to much. The next best spot was closer to my side of the room and now I get more bass that is felt although she says she can feel it still just a little less. I knew she would still feell it!

You mention both movies and music. Which is more important to you? The ported PB2000 would be better for your big space and does great for movies and still can handle music. For the sealed SB2000 it will be nice tight bass for music but may struggle in that space so you would need at least dual sub's (SB12's) or move up to the SB13 Ultra sealed.

Dual sealed up front or ported to the side I'd go with the ported as I'm a movie buff. Good luck with your research!
post #1461 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
In Josh Ricci's extensive review of the SB12 in Audioholics, his listening test was conducted in a 4,000 cubic ft room: http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...-nsd-listening (also see the conclusion).

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #1462 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by daru2707 View Post
Hey - how is the PB-2000 for music? Does it ever get boomy or overwhelming ? Or does it disappear into performance just like they say ? And how is the low end extension when playing just relaxed - more quietly ? Could you give me that info ? Due to this thread I'm more and more wanting the PB-2000 although my room is smaller - 1550 cubic feet. The thing is I believe in "no such thing as too much power", I'm just scared that it might sound boomy in my room.

Now another question to everyone :

I soo much want to be able to enjoy my 20-something Hz music while playing modest enough to not disturb the people under me but still fell it a bit .. would the ported model do better than the sealed in this case? Every salesman I met is telling me about how loud sealed subs can get without distortion. My purpose is to feel the deep humm while listening to music at pleasant volume levels and to have that power reserve for, say, movies like Pacific Rim

Correct me if I'm wrong - if one sets the crossover to, say, 50 Hz - shouldn't this significantly remove boominess possibility? I've read somewhere that this irritating boomy bass notes start a little higher than 50 Hz, am I right ?
I'm not really having any boomy issues with my PB-2000. I do have it in a corner behind a leather chair, which you would think might tend to make it more boomy, but it's really not. My receiver XO is set at 70Hz. I have the driver pointed at the wall, which seems to give it a slight room gain. It blends into my room nicely with music, probably slightly better than the my Outlaw LFM-1 Plus did. Do note than in one of the reviews, maybe audioholics, there was a comment that the PB-2000 was a bit boomy in a small room such as yours. My room is around 2500 cubic feet, so it's more of a medium sized room.
post #1463 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks everyone or the suggestions. Sounds like a ported svs sub would be best for my room.

Does anyone have experience with the wireless adapter from svs? Any negative impact on sq? I hate to use the wireless adapter but can't have a cable runnin across a walkway!

Also, is the pb12 just as good as the pb2000 ? I know new sub had a bit more power and can extend lower but is it a significant difference? Thinking of picking up the outlet pb12 for 500 vs the 800 on the new one. Thanks!
post #1464 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 5
k I just got my pb 2000 at first I hooked it up after unboxing it and it did pretty good on bass but not that punchy and a bit boomy. I do the subwoofer crawl then found the spot on the corner of my living room and it got louder. Now how would I know if its too bassy? I set the sub gain to 12 oclock and I run the denon x2000 audessey and I found my sub place too quiet with audessey and it set my fronts to large with 60 crossover and my rears to 40 crossover and my center tohave to change it to 80 for all my speakers or ill let the audesey calibrate its own thing?
post #1465 of 1467 Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
k I just got my pb 2000 at first I hooked it up after unboxing it and it did pretty good on bass but not that punchy and a bit boomy. I do the subwoofer crawl then found the spot on the corner of my living room and it got louder. Now how would I know if its too bassy? I set the sub gain to 12 oclock and I run the denon x2000 audessey and I found my sub place too quiet with audessey and it set my fronts to large with 60 crossover and my rears to 40 crossover and my center tohave to change it to 80 for all my speakers or ill let the audesey calibrate its own thing?
Change them back to small. If audyssey said your sub was too low in volume you should have had to turn it up to proceed. Did you?
post #1466 of 1467 Old Today, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
Change them back to small. If audyssey said your sub was too low in volume you should have had to turn it up to proceed. Did you?
nop audyssey didn't said my sub was too low I just find it too quiet when it come to explosions and stuff so I increase the DB so I can hear more bass, but im hearing a lot a bassy nuances did I turned it up too high? how can I get the perfect balance for my bookshelf speaker and my pb2000 so the bass is not too overpowering. BTW when I watched Gravity last night it rattled my couch and I thought there was an earthquake which is good. Im just wondering if my sub is too high.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each , Svs Pb2000 , Svs Sb2000 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Pb2000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page