post #61 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

The buyers here have been notified. Just because he hasn't divulged those he's communicated with in other fashions, doesn't mean they haven't been communicated with.

Yes it does.  Tom said they dont have the capability to contact all customers whose orders are back ordered.

nube likes this.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

Yes it does.  Tom said they dont have the capability to contact all customers whose orders are back ordered.

Then on that point, I'm wrong.

Now, which would you rather purchase.....a PSA product or a main stream product?

At this point, I think folks should write letters to Tom, tell him to go out of business and the consumers should focus their attention on main stream products like BIC and Klipsch because due to their communication ability, they're obviously a far superior product. It seems that communication trumps product quality.

I suggest, cancel the order, call SVS, Hsu or Rythmik and take your business somewhere else as obviously, PSA is not the product for whom ever is buying into this conversation.
post #63 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Then on that point, I'm wrong.

Now, which would you rather purchase.....a PSA product or a main stream product?

At this point, I think folks should write letters to Tom, tell him to go out of business and the consumer should focus their attention on main stream products like BIC and Klipsch because due to their communication ability, they're a far superior product.

No one is saying that bee..you are TOTALLY ignoring the point everyone is making.  It has nothing to do with their products, or how good they are.  Your response at this point is just silly and immature.

Here is the point..pay close attention, because you are missing it.    Someone ordered a product. It is on back order and unable to be shipped for several weeks.  The company should notify a customer of this situation directly.  Period.  That is the only point everyone is making.  There is no reason to spout silly nonsense like your post above.

nube and its phillip like this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #64 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:

No one is saying that bee..you are TOTALLY ignoring the point everyone is making.  It has nothing to do with their products, or how good they are.  Your response at this point is just silly and immature.

LOL1

Yes, that must be it.

LOL!
Quote:
Here is the point..pay close attention, because you are missing it.

...biggrin.gif

How close should I get to the monitor? tongue.gif

Quote:
Someone ordered a product. It is on back order and unable to be shipped for several weeks.  The company should notify a customer of this situation directly.  Period.  That is the only point everyone is making.  There is no reason to spout silly nonsense like your post above.

It's real simple, cancel the order, ask for a refund...........and move on. Everybody here knows the why of what's happening with order delays. There's no enigma here. At this point, anybody on this thread, is not in the dark. Thank-you for giving me what will be the best laugh of the day.

...biggrin.gif

-
post #65 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 664
This was posted by a customer over at bluray.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanob;8692771 
I received my shipment tracking number today. Tom also gave me a 5% refund (about $60) that I would assume was for the delay. Excellent customer service. Hopefully they will have their vendor issues resolved in the future. I believe this was Epik's main issue and a factor in their demise. Hopefully I can get a Triax when/if I want one and PSA will still be around smile.gif

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPA-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp | Buttkicker LFE

PSB Imagine B for sale:http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post987985
post #66 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 660

^^^ Good find Brian. 

post #67 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Everybody here knows the why of what's happening with order delays.

...biggrin.gif

-

You just proved the point we are making while trying to refute it.   Key words...."everybody here"....but not because the issue was properly communicated...and whoever is not here has no idea, as they DONT know the why and what. Bee this is getting comical how you continue to miss the point and start saying things like cancel the order and move one.  No one wants to cancel their order.

Poor communication to all customers via email....good communication to a few customers via forums.  Thats the only point.  Slow down and read for comprehension  :) 

nube likes this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #68 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

This was posted by a customer over at bluray.com
That's a good, albeit reactive (rather than pro-active) move by PSA.
post #69 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

PS I did PM him a week ago with no response.

I rarely check forum PMs. As stated numerous times, please email me or call our office for quick communication. We're here 7 days a week..smile.gif

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #70 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:

You just proved the point we are making while trying to refute it.

If you think Tom is doing a bad job in communicating with his customers, then you should give him a call and let him know what your thoughts are. If not willing to give a business a call, and share concerns, the individual is whining.

There sure are a lot of people here, not wanting to call PSA customer service, with their concerns

What that tells me, their concerns are not valid concerns.

(according to the above comment, PSA is putting in effort trying to get things taken care of)

Quote:
No one wants to cancel their order.

Then quit the whine. Just saying, call in, cancel the order or deal with it.

-
post #71 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
Quote:

This is your opinion.  I think you are wrong.  The only reason he knows what is going on is because he checked an online audio forum.  He was not directly contacted by the company to update him on the order of his status.   Lowell feels like this is not adequate communication after being billed for thousands of dollars and waiting several weeks with no contact.

I was billed 3 grand for my speakers and waited over two months and never heard anything from Jeff at JTR. I was told when I ordered them that they would be 8 weeks delivery, its not uncommon for ID companies to bill you before goods are ready to ship. I think it just comes with the territory of ID companies.
post #72 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I was billed 3 grand for my speakers and waited over two months and never heard anything from Jeff at JTR. I was told when I ordered them that they would be 8 weeks delivery, its not uncommon for ID companies to bill you before goods are ready to ship. I think it just comes with the territory of ID companies.

You were told when you ordered them that it would be 8 weeks for delivery.  This was good communication.

nube likes this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #73 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Bee, you are like talking to a brick wall..you just dont get the point, so there is no point in discussing it with you any further.  Pretty much everyone here except you sees the point.  And again, I am not cancelling an order.  I don't even have an order to cancel(again showing how much you are totally missing the point).  No harm, no foul, but if you sail around the world and still argue that it is flat, then discussion is pointless.

I ordered a sub from a different company and waited over two weeks for it to ship.  Nothing was mentioned about a shipping delay.  I had to contact the company to find out an expected ship date.  To me, this was poor communication.  If a product is not able to be shipped quickly, it is the companies responsibility to inform the consumer.  It is not the consumers responsibility to chase down an answer about their order if the delay was known about at the time the order was placed.  This is common sense and I believe most would agree with this simple logic.  If you disagree, then you are entitled to your unusual opinion.  :)

nube likes this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #74 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Bee, you are like talking to a brick wall..

And your point?
post #75 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And your point?

Lol you make me laugh bee.  Seriously made me laugh out loud :)  Hey how low are your rythmiks extending now?  I thought I remembered you posting some new in room graphs somewhere that were much improved.

nube likes this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #76 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol you make me laugh bee.  Seriously made me laugh out loud :)  Hey how low are your rythmiks extending now?  I thought I remembered you posting some new in room graphs somewhere that were much improved.

LOL. Nice redirect bear. :)

post #77 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Lol you make me laugh bee.  Seriously made me laugh out loud smile.gif

I do try.

...biggrin.gif

6dB down from peak......11.31Hz.
post #78 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow thats just crazy.  Congrats.  What was it that you used that ended up making such a difference for you?  Aren't you thinking you dont need that third sub now?

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #79 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Wow thats just crazy.  Congrats.  What was it that you used that ended up making such a difference for you?  Aren't you thinking you dont need that third sub now?

XT32. That and getting Anti-Mode 8033S II out of the chain.

Quote:
Aren't you thinking you dont need that third sub now?

Well, the ego is still convicted toward buying the third sub but in truth, it's not needed.....but hey, half of what we do is not about need and is more about ego.

(personally, I'd like to be able to say we're a single digit subwoofer system)
post #80 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You were told when you ordered them that it would be 8 weeks for delivery.  This was good communication.

I can tell you this though, if there was all of a sudden a supply issue with some parts that Jeff uses for his speaker I can guarantee I wouldn't have received an email or webpage update that it would take longer. That rarely happens with any ID company. I don't understand what all of the complaining is about, Tom has a list of customers a mile long that have nothing but great things to say about him and his customer service.

Just think about 6 months ago when the Triax was announced at guys laid down huge chucks of change without question and had to wait months to get them because of unforeseen issues with the drivers being supplied. I never heard anyone complain as much as LowellG has been about not receiving a daily update about his sub. And how many of those Triax customers have come back with complaints of PSA now? I haven't read of a single one.

If LowellG is unhappy I'm sure Tom would gladly refund his money.
steve nn likes this.
post #81 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

First, thanks for the lengthy email and I don't know if you are serious with your very last question, but I am going to treat it as such.

If you don't have some sort of office manager, then it sounds like you are in serious need of somebody with organizational management skills and minor computer skills. I don't know what you feed your order system into, but if it come into some sort of text file, and it should, you could easily set up canned letters to explain the delays and batch send them out with one email. You collect that info from us. It doesn't take a lot of computer skills to organize that. The same thing would go with the Visa cancellation issue.

As a finance person you charging my card without any shipment info for almost 2 weeks, (add a 3rd week from order placement), makes me think you have cash flow issues; which makes me think your company won't be around to honor warranties. That's not what you want me thinking. You should be thankful you have over 100 backorders and not using that as an excuse not to contact people. If you don't figure this communication part out soon, it will prevent your growth, unless you just want to stay as small niche player in the market.

Also, from your previous post to this one with the update, it still doesn't help me understand where I am in the queue. Will I get a shipment or tracking number? I am sorry you had shipment delays, but you need to figure out a better way to communicate this with your customers, not undecided forum lurker or owner, but customer. I had several people coming over to listen to my new subs. They keep asking if they're in, all I can say is I don't know, I haven't heard a thing. Then they go, who did you order from? All of them have small HTs. If I recommended your product to them they are not the type of people to hang out in this forum wondering what's up.

I am glad you seem open to feedback, because that's what this is; from a borderline pissed customer trying to help you improve.

As a finance person I am assuming you know we have very short limits to complete the transaction on orders. It is usually 7-10 days, sometimes 14 days. When this expires the order is (more or less)automatically cancelled. At this point we have to notify each customer of this cancellation,wait for them to contact us about this issue, then explain why this happens, assure them they won't lose their place in the "build queue" and then request they go through the inconvenience of a re-order. In an attempt to avoid all of this we try to wait until the very last hour to charge "through" the transaction. Our SOP is not to charge anything until we ship(barring something unusual like a lengthy pre-order period on a new product). In the event of a back-order situation,. like the present situation, there will be instances where our choice is to let the order expire and go through the entire process I just described above with dozens or possible HUNDREDS of customers. Or, if we have good confidence the order with ship within a reasonable time frame....we can just charge-through the order authorization. I'm not sure why the above would give *any* appearance of "cash flow" issues as this is not related at all to the reasons why we have charged some transactions early. (please see above).

All of the office updates including more employees would be great---I would LOVE more help...smile.gif Unfortunately that would raise overhead significantly along with the price of our products. Since these back order situations are, by far, the exception not the rule is doesn't seem to make any sense to me to pursue substantial overhead increases that would address problems that will likely never happen again---at least to anything close to this extent. We have *nothing* in place here that could pull email address from order in the website matrix and then communicate with our email servers for any sort of "automated" system like you describe. COULD we implement that at some point? Sure, I would LOVE that. But for the most part a system like this seems to be something that would be most valuable in a severe back order situation. As mentioned, we'll be trying to avoid the latter.

As for places in the build queue, updates on delays for a specific order number or estimated ship times----again---- Email or call. I'm here 7 days a week, 364 days a year. I can update you with just about any info within 30 seconds. Current wind chill? -10 degrees. How do I know? I just spent 15 minutes next to an open dock door helping the driver unload a few pallets of inventory and then loading up today's outgoing freight subwoofer shipments...smile.gif

This entire back order situation will be completely resolved in the next 2-4 business days. Trust me, we'll do everything possible to make sure we minimize any chance of going through this again.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #82 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess the moral of the story Tom is you can't keep everyone happy! Even though we know you try, keep up the great work smile.gif
post #83 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

I think it might be common for some like JTR and Seaton which have a little different model than the likes of Hsu or SVS. The former appear to build products on-demand, to some extent, while the latter stock inventory that you can drop in a cart.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

post #84 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The solution is simple. Advertise on PSA web site that orders will take up to 6 months to complete. When the sub shows up on your doorstep in 5 days you'll think "wow, what incredible service!". biggrin.gif

Yes, I'm joking.
post #85 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

I think it might be common for some like JTR and Seaton which have a little different model than the likes of Hsu or SVS. The former appear to build products on-demand, to some extent, while the latter stock inventory that you can drop in a cart.

According to Jeff he likes it try to have a few products in stock, the problem is he can never get ahead usually so this rarely happens.
post #86 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:

I guess the moral of the story Tom is you can't keep everyone happy!

Lemme get this straight. Tom asks "what can we do?", Lowell gives an intelligent, reasoned answer, now he's labeled "unhappy" and a "whiner" ?

When did this forum turn into bizarro world? SMH
post #87 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Tom you guys really do a great job and there are times when unforeseen circumstances cause a hiccup in the system and there's just no way of knowing when something might happen or what that something might be until after it's happened. I agree with you on the whole email thing and the difficulty of getting a system in place that would allow you guys to be able to email every person who has something on order. Just is not feasible right now. 

But I will also say that updating your website is very doable and should only take a minute or two to post something regarding the back orders. Being a small business owner who depends heavily on  the web I can say I know for sure that a quick two minute update could really go a long way to quieting this type of angst. If I were to take anything away from this thread it would be to use your website for updates on current issues. Will it make everyone happy? No. But it will help and it won't require any money, or new systems or hiring of help. 

Finally, just allow me to reiterate that you guys are doing a fantastic job over all and personally I've always been thrilled with your product and customer service. 

eljaycanuck likes this.
post #88 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Lemme get this straight. Tom asks "what can we do?", Lowell gives an intelligent, reasoned answer, now he's labeled "unhappy" and a "whiner" ?

When did this forum turn into bizarro world? SMH

There's constructive criticism, which is what LowellG started out with. Then when it carries on it just begins to come across as whining. I think its safe to say PSA's customer service track record speakers for itself, and my point that you can't keep everyone happy is valid.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #89 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Breath everyone .......

Tom asked for feedback, got it, and responded.

At the end of the day ID companies are not Amazon or ebay .... they communicate on an individual basis and are very engaged. Ask a question and you will get an answer. The difference is (this is for pretty much all of them) you need to initiate that contact. For better or worse that's how they operate.

I'm sorry this left the OP in a situation where he was dissatisfied.

My experience with Rythmik was similar. I got no auto-emails, calls or anything. But when I asked I got prompt answers. Also, when I complained about the website order process Brian fixed it within a few hours! Not my order, the website!

I was very nervous dropping $1400 on an ID sub and probably emailed or PM'd everyday. Next time I won't worry. But your first ride in this rodeo can be nerve wracking.
post #90 of 107 Old 01-22-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:

There's constructive criticism, which is what LowellG started out with. Then when it carries on it just begins to come across as whining.

That depends on who's reading it. Didn't sound like that to me at all, honestly.
Quote:

I think its safe to say PSA's customer service track record speakers for itself, and my point that you can't keep everyone happy is valid.

Of course it's valid, but I think we both know the way it was used was a little P. A. Lets not get into word salad stuff.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page