Old 01-22-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

That depends on who's reading it. Didn't sound like that to me at all, honestly.
Of course it's valid, but I think we both know the way it was used was a little P. A. Lets not get into word salad stuff.

Just for the record, we're good with everything that has been posted on this thread. Criticism is valid here to be sure. I'm good at a few things, not so good at others. All the feedback in this thread lets me know what I need to work on most. Hey, we *love* the group hug threads as much as the next OEM..smile.gif But let's face it, it is threads like this which will make us a better company in the future.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Brian Fineberg, Tack and nube like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Tom you guys really do a great job and there are times when unforeseen circumstances cause a hiccup in the system and there's just no way of knowing when something might happen or what that something might be until after it's happened. I agree with you on the whole email thing and the difficulty of getting a system in place that would allow you guys to be able to email every person who has something on order. Just is not feasible right now. 

But I will also say that updating your website is very doable and should only take a minute or two to post something regarding the back orders. Being a small business owner who depends heavily on  the web I can say I know for sure that a quick two minute update could really go a long way to quieting this type of angst. If I were to take anything away from this thread it would be to use your website for updates on current issues. Will it make everyone happy? No. But it will help and it won't require any money, or new systems or hiring of help. 

Finally, just allow me to reiterate that you guys are doing a fantastic job over all and personally I've always been thrilled with your product and customer service. 

I agree, we need to focus on the website much more. This is very valid criticism. I stopped there yesterday for something and realized we didn't even have pictures of the Triax driver....yeah....I'm only 3 months late on that one (sigh).

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 01-22-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

According to Jeff he likes it try to have a few products in stock, the problem is he can never get ahead usually so this rarely happens.

No doubt. See post 83. smile.gif

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

Old 01-22-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Isaac View Post

My experience with Rythmik was similar. I got no auto-emails, calls or anything. But when I asked I got prompt answers. Also, when I complained about the website order process Brian fixed it within a few hours! Not my order, the website!

I was very nervous dropping $1400 on an ID sub and probably emailed or PM'd everyday. Next time I won't worry. But your first ride in this rodeo can be nerve wracking.

Interesting comments. I had a big problem with PSA's website. Matter-of-fact, I took PSA off my list and I moved on. Long story short, I came back to PSA's website several months later and it still had the same problem. I emailed Tom and told him his website drove me nuts. It was fixed the next day. I also argued with Tom (one way argument, he was always the consummate professional) concerning a few of the specs, but decided to give his sub an audition anyway (yes, I was more than willing to send it back on my dime if it didn't perform the way I thought it should). Turns out I was happily surprised with their product and their customer service. And yes, there was a delay in my delivery (ordered July 4th and received it Aug 7th). I had absolutely no problem with the delay -- heck, I waited 3 months for my Maggies.

Internet Direct subwoofer manufacturers are in an extremely competitive business and all I personal dealt with (Hsu -- the longest running I.D. sub manufacturer, PSA and SVS) left me feeling very confident, not only in their product, but their willingness to step to the plate and help in case of a problem and keep one informed. I have no doubt that Rythmik is the same way.
Billy p and Hopinater like this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 215
One scene new owners might like to check out is from the movie "The Grey" with Liam Neeson....I believe its in chapter 2 when everyone is boarding the aircraft. As it nears the 13 minute mark things start to get really intense....air turbulence followed by some explosion it hits the pinnacle my whole room and sofa shook, violent indeed...it almost knocked my kids picture off that I have sitting atop the SB13.

Just for fun I had my SPL meter handy & set it to 90...LP is situated ~12.5' away MV was at -20dbs and I saw peaks right around 103dbs pretty good from were I'm sitting I'd say...scared the heck out of my missus & she was upstairs, at the time....she yelled down with the proverbial turn it down....blah blah...from the top of the stairs.tongue.gif

Anyhow that picture has always been atop my previous subs and that was the only time it had come close to falling off...man... I like what 2 subs can do for you....biggrin.gif

I hope you guys really enjoy your new subs when they finally arrive...

Sincerely, Bill....smile.gif.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Wow, that turned into a lively debate. Tom and I exchanged a few emails today and we are good and I still stand by what I said. If you favor his products it will give him more time to develop more without killing himself. Between emails he explained his day; pretty much chaos. That being said it looks like my subs will show up by the middle to the end of next week, looking forward to it. I just need to pick up a second sub cable for the X4000. biggrin.gif

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
Old 01-22-2014, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

Wow, that turned into a lively debate.

smile.gif

Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Got an update today, just to be fair I am posting it a looking very forward to getting my subs. smile.gif

Hi Lowell,

Just a quick heads-up. We just upgraded the incoming shipment to guarantee it will be here tomorrow morning by 10am. So your order will definitely ship within 24 hours. I just finished the BOL for it and we will have all the tracking information off to you as soon as we load it on the outbound freight truck(they will likely be here about 3-4pm tomorrow).

Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again for all the patience and feedback you have shown to date.

Tom Vodhanel
Power Sound Audio
Power Up!

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
Old 01-23-2014, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

as the 1 who started this whole thread i can only hope mine ships out with yours..   will wait and see..

Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpathy View Post

as the 1 who started this whole thread i can only hope mine ships out with yours..   will wait and see..

In the other part of the email from yesterday he said a big shipment comes in tomorrow and another one on Tuesday. So it sounds like the latest yours would be build would be Tuesday. So it sounds close. smile.gif

Lowell

Old 01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday and Friday this week.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

It was and next Tuesday as well.

Lowell

Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Tuesday and Friday of this week. Another ETA of Tuesday next week. We are also hoping for another drop on Friday of next week.

We'll have quite a few tracking info emails going out in the next 4-6 hours.

By Tuesday/Wednesday we should be just about 100% caught up and back to normal(product shipping within 1-2 days of order).

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Lowell G......  pm sent

Old 01-31-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Sub arrived today,

Packing=  awesome

Craftsmanship=  outstanding, very well built and crafted sub

will hook up my new receiver and blu ray this weekend, so i'll let you know on the sound.. but so far i'm happy with the way it looks, looks super stout...

Old 01-31-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 686

Awesome. Congrats on the new sub, I think you will be very happy. :)

Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpathy View Post

Sub arrived today,

Packing=  awesome
Craftsmanship=  outstanding, very well built and crafted sub

will hook up my new receiver and blu ray this weekend, so i'll let you know on the sound.. but so far i'm happy with the way it looks, looks super stout...

Switch your updates over to the PSA Owners thread, it will get more traffic. wink.gif

Lowell

Tags
Power Sound Audio