PSA subwoofer wait time - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 107 Old 01-14-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

About how long have most of you had to wait to get your subwoofer? 

Placed and sent money on the 3rd of Jan,  after about a week , with no shipping details i initiated contact, was told sorry for delay they were backed up from christmas, still waiting today. I'm starting to worry a little as if maybe the sub was out of stock, yet never labled that way on the web site. This friday will be the 2nd full week, will wait and see. Just kinda hard to grasp there that far behind to not be able to at least ship in 2 weeks.. so thats why i'm asking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 107 Old 01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 451
You would most likely be best served an answer to this question by emailing or calling Tom. But I think they said they will be all caught up from back ordered x series drivers this week.

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp
my HT gallery: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?u=240707

post #3 of 107 Old 01-14-2014, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

cool deal then, it was him i talked to by the way, very nice, just curious thats all.

post #4 of 107 Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
They had two shipments of Power-X drivers coming in this week. It will be enough for all back orders and new orders plus some extra. So once they come in it will just be assembly, packing, and shipping.

Fwiw, it will be worth the wait.
post #5 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
which sub line did you go with
post #6 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

i went with the xs30,

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.. i'm very excited to hear it...

post #7 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpathy View Post

i went with the xs30,

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.. i'm very excited to hear it...

Fyi...HTS(hometheatershack) also has a dedicated PSA owners thread...you could fine other tidbits of information there...smile.gif

Congrats on the new sub XS30....you'll thoroughly enjoy it...excellent sub.cool.gif

Re,

Bill

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers,STC(RAAL) & 200 SE in espresso54" of Panny BlissAnthem MRX 300,Sony BDP-S380, Technics CD player & Apple TV....

{ PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry}
post #8 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Great great choice. I have 2!! Your gonna love it!!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

post #9 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

i dang sure hope so...you really cant beat the price... my lord 2 of them...   how on earth does your house stay together from all that bass??

post #10 of 107 Old 01-15-2014, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 503

I have the XV15 and I gotta say the PSA subs are great. You won't regret the wait time. But it sucks to have to wait. :eek:

post #11 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i dang sure hope so...you really cant beat the price... my lord 2 of them...   how on earth does your house stay together from all that bass??

duct tape of course!!

post #12 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 AM

Liked: 28

Oh man, I just bought a XV15 on Monday. Hope I don't have to wait as long as you, that sucks!

Panasonic 60VT60 | Denon x2000 | EMP E55Ti | E56Ci | E55Wi | PSA XS30
post #13 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
i hope you have to wait forever, mouss

post #14 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 AM

rofl :(

post #15 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

i hope you dont have to wait either,  if a product is backordered thats fine if its stated back order, but to purchase to later find out , like i did, well thats still not sitting to well with me.. but i have no choice now. 

i think the part that got me the most was that i had to be the one to reach out and find out what was going on after a week went by with no response or shipping details..

post #16 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:

i hope you dont have to wait either,  if a product is backordered thats fine if its stated back order, but to purchase to later find out , like i did, well thats still not sitting to well with me.. but i have no choice now. 

i think the part that got me the most was that i had to be the one to reach out and find out what was going on after a week went by with no response or shipping details..

I am with you. I placed my order on Dec 30th. I went with PSA for a couple of reasons, but one was Rythmic said on their site they were back ordered and an email from them said they wouldnt be back in stock until the end of January. While communicat is good if you ask. A more proactive order status would be very good for them to add. I don't know what to expect at all. How will they be delivered do I need to be here I just don't know.

My X4000 arrives tomorrow. I expected my subs too.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #17 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

I am with you. I placed my order on Dec 30th. I went with PSA for a couple of reasons, but one was Rythmic said on their site they were back ordered and an email from them said they wouldnt be back in stock until the end of January. While communicat is good if you ask. A more proactive order status would be very good for them to add. I don't know what to expect at all. How will they be delivered do I need to be here I just don't know.

My X4000 arrives tomorrow. I expected my subs too.

Are you asking what to expect from PSA? If so you will receive a shipping confirmation when the items have been sent. It will include who it was shipped with and a tracking link to your package. You will need to be home to sign for it. 

post #18 of 107 Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post

Are you asking what to expect from PSA? If so you will receive a shipping confirmation when the items have been sent. It will include who it was shipped with and a tracking link to your package. You will need to be home to sign for it. 

I wasn't actually asking anybody, do you work for PSA? That's good info to know, but it would be nice if this was communicated as part of the order. I placed the order 17 days ago, my Visa is charged a week ago. Updates would be nice. Just some lessons learned for a new company.

Lowell

The MARVELous Home Theater: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...e-theater.html
post #19 of 107 Old 01-17-2014, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:

I wasn't actually asking anybody, do you work for PSA? That's good info to know, but it would be nice if this was communicated as part of the order. I placed the order 17 days ago, my Visa is charged a week ago. Updates would be nice. Just some lessons learned for a new company.

My CC wasn't charged when I put my order in...funds were on hold until the next shipment of drivers arrived. I also ordered the cordovan cherry which further slowed down the process. I'd say if your sub is in line with these upcoming parts shipments ...you'll get a notification email...Tom sent me pic's of the cabinets being assembled....it was only a matter of fitting the drivers and putting the sub together...it took about 3wks from the time I placed my order to the sub being built...another week for delivery. Tom usually responses quickly to his emails...give him a shout...I think he works 24/7...lol.biggrin.gif

Btw Tom posted this info explaining some of the delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

Hi all,

Quick inventory update.

The new dates for the expected arrival of the Power-X drivers we have been waiting on(for over a MONTH) is Tuesday(21st) for a small shipment and Friday(the 24th) for a large shipment. So we'll have a good number of orders shipping on Tuesday/Wed/Thurs.....then on Friday we'll have a big shipping day. Any remaining orders will be built over the week and by the following Monday(27th) I expect to be (finally) back to our same day/next day typical order fulfillment status. I just got off the phone with Scott Atwell, owner of Ficaraudio who is our OEM for our 15" Power-X drivers, and he personally assured me these inventory arrival dates would be fulfilled.

I realize this isn't the news everyone was hoping for as we had been promised a small shipment of drivers to arrive this week.(and i have been projecting ship dates based on this).

I could outline a 50 page short story regarding this saga starting several months ago with a typhoon hitting China and starting a large domino effect regarding magnet production. I'll save that for another time though.

Also, any order that takes more than 30 days to fulfill will be discounted an additional 5% (over and above any other discount that may apply to the order).

Please bear with us for a few more days and everything will be back to normal. As usual, I'll be at the office 7 days a week.....so please don't hesitate to email/call me with ANY questions about our products or the current back order situation....even on Saturday or Sunday!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers,STC(RAAL) & 200 SE in espresso54" of Panny BlissAnthem MRX 300,Sony BDP-S380, Technics CD player & Apple TV....

{ PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry}
post #20 of 107 Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 AM

They should probably put that info on their website somewhere

post #21 of 107 Old 01-17-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Also there is a difference between forum dweller, potential customer, user and customer. Customers should not need to come to a forum for updates.
Billy p likes this.

Lowell

post #22 of 107 Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Also there is a difference between forum dweller, potential customer, user and customer. Customers should not need to come to a forum for updates.

That's a really good point. 

Quote:

Just a fellow customer trying to help by sharing his personal experience. My bad I thought you were asking what to expect.  

post #23 of 107 Old 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM

Liked: 25
This is a problem when everything is outsourced to china. I'm also in the aqurium hobby and these excuses also come up all the time for equipment. I just bought one of the new svs subs and will be waiting to receive. They said middle January but will be shocked if I see it before February. I wanted to buy from psa but was afraid of not getting anytime soon. Plus they didn't make a small sealed 12.
post #24 of 107 Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

no we should not have to come to a forum for updates...  poor communication so far.. only update i have heard or been given was 2 weeks ago when i asked what the deal was and was told they were behind b/c of xmas  orders.

post #25 of 107 Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I want to be fair to a start up company, but updates are simple issue. If they can't handle that, will they be around to honor the warranty? Additionally once your credit card is ran, you get a shipping status within 24-48 hours. My card was ran 12 days ago. I haven't heard a thing.

Lowell

post #26 of 107 Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 661

Lowell I know what you mean.  I have a sub ordered, not a PSA but no need to mention a competitor in PSA's thread.  I ordered the sub on 1/8 and have not heard a word and it has not been shipped.  Seems like I saw mention of a Typhoon in China that affected the supply of magnets for subwoofers?  Wonder if this could be causing an issue for many companies...seems like I have heard of quite a few on back order.

WTB more American made components.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #27 of 107 Old 01-21-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Hi all,

Quick update,

Shipments begin again today after a lengthy delay. We will be shipping a good number of orders today and tomorrow. Friday should be a very large shipping day. By Monday we should be caught up with all back orders.

Thanks to all customers who have been so patient during these delays!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Billy p likes this.
post #28 of 107 Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

WTB more American made components.
That's not an option. Even drivers assembled in the US are for the most part made with Asian sourced parts. Have a look at this:
http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/speaker-parts.html
There is nothing equivalent to this for US sources. Even the Japanese get most of their parts from China.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #29 of 107 Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

no we should not have to come to a forum for updates...  poor communication so far.. only update i have heard or been given was 2 weeks ago when i asked what the deal was and was told they were behind b/c of xmas  orders.

All I can say is please email/call and we will update you immediately---- 7 days a week. I have missed emails in the past but I think I'm still batting around 999.9% in getting to them within 24 hours(usually much quicker). Phone calls are a bit hit/miss depending on exactly what we're doing in the warehouse, assembly area, etc. We simply don't have the office capabilities at the moment to manually update hundreds of customers each week.

I understand that it would be more convenient if the manufacturer initiated this type of contact and apologize for any inconvenience involved.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #30 of 107 Old 01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I want to be fair to a start up company, but updates are simple issue. If they can't handle that, will they be around to honor the warranty? Additionally once your credit card is ran, you get a shipping status within 24-48 hours. My card was ran 12 days ago. I haven't heard a thing.

Updates may seem "simple" when you think in terms of 1 or 10 or even 25 How about well >100... that would need to be done manually, and I'd guess re-done every few days?

I'm not disagreeing with you that ideally, we would have these capabilities. The reality is we don't.

As for warranty concerns, 99% of any warranty issues for home audio subwoofers are amplifier related. I don't recall us ever being out of amplifiers. In fact, besides the occasional (and believe me VERY frustrating) missed deadlines by our driver vendor I don't think we've been out of anything for more than a few days. For a very small company in a very big pond----that in itself is somewhat unheard of. Our warranty issues have been extremely low but I believe anyone that has had to contact us in this regard will report that we handled everything to their complete satisfaction. Per the CC charge, our preference is not to charge the transaction until we ship. In our rare back order instances we are often given notifications by our "merchant account" that if we do not accept the funds within 24 hours the order will be cancelled. If we feel confident that we will be able to ship the order within a reasonable amount of time(say 3-5 business days) we will go ahead and complete the transaction as the alternative is to have the order auto-cancel. Then we need to call/email each customer and try to explain why we cancelled the order and why they need to go through the inconvenience of a "re-order". Of course in this instance, we didn't receive the driver shipment when we expected it and the shipping delays have been longer than we anticipated.

Again, I cannot apologize enough for this. We are making every attempt to ensure these kinds of outages are eliminated in the future. The patience shown by nearly every customer waiting for their orders to be fulfilled has been amazing and we very much appreciate it. And trust me, comment/criticism like this does *not* fall on deaf ears. Whenever a customer is disappointed in any regard with Power Sound Audio Jim and I both share the same POV
"what can we do to make sure this doesn't happen again?"

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Power Sound Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page