Reaction Audio Subs - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes

post #901 of 1509 Old 07-17-2014, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
As I sit here waiting for my dual 212's, I wonder if Jeremy will have a trade-in/up program , as he is adding products faster than i change underwear..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1509 Old 07-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Your 215x will be shipping out, most likely on Monday along with several others.

No problem Ryan!

Lead times on the 212 has often been determined on how many orders are placed and having to make enough cabinets to fulfill them. My cabinet guy, Jim Sachlaben has been great about expanding to accommodate demand. In fact we are actually going to be splitting a larger warehouse in about a week or two for both of our businesses that will give us both more room.

Having orders assembled and shipped form the same facility as they are built in will make things move that much faster as well. He is also looking to add a CNC machine although he can cut through a batch of panels pretty darn fast without it.

We have been waiting on our second shipment of performance series 15" drivers from Paul at Pierce Audio Products for a few weeks now and have finally gotten them shipped. Literally the same day as we placed our first large order: Paul placed an order for hundreds of 12 spoke baskets. He was later informed that his shipment of them was going to take much longer than usual. So Paul got on the phone and called up every build house on the west coast until he found someone with enough baskets to fill our order in the interim and ate the extra costs himself.

This is why I love working with US based vendors. As I mentioned before, Paul is working up some 12" solutions for us as well. We may soon just move to all hand built, made in USA drivers (including Radian drivers). That will mean our products are all made in USA except for the amplifiers, for which there currently is not a US based solution.
Will the move to American made drivers require a price increase?
post #903 of 1509 Old 07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post
Already pulled the trigger!!!??? Haha not surprised though , you are an ardent defender of RA since the beginning

My impressions yet are similar to yours, even if I didn't catch the upgraditis as fast as you did ahah

Can't wait to hear your impressions, the product mystifies me a lot. Don't know if the full range driver will be up to the task, but since Tannoy does it for ages,I am quite confident that it will do it all.

@ Jeremy : how much would it cost to have that superb ( insane idea that I looooved from that user getting them shiny!!) gloss black finish on a LCR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony9134 View Post
As I sit here waiting for my dual 212's, I wonder if Jeremy will have a trade-in/up program , as he is adding products faster than i change underwear..
Sorry I have been a little MIA today, it's been hectic.

We can definitely do the CX-10 in Piano Black.
I kinda wanted to post pics before I added that finish option to the website so folks could get an idea of what it looks like. It would also be very easy to do white cabinets, with either black or white grills.

Pony we are slinging 12 inchers faster than Subway right now so you will be getting yours real soon.
But if you want to upgrade to something else shoot me a pm or email and we can discuss options.

I know it seems like a lot of options but honestly we are still only producing 4 different cabinets.
We added a lot of options for the 15s but they are easy variations for us and give the customer some flexibility.
murrel, Aarghon and refoow like this.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #904 of 1509 Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Will the move to American made drivers require a price increase?
Probably so, but it will be very marginal. We'll still be in the same ballpark.

But I would not dream of it unless the performance increase is significant.
We're looking at a driver with over 2.5 inches of peak to peak excursion.
If it all works out....it is a little monster.
murrel and Gmash like this.

Jeremy

post #905 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hmmm. Is there any timeline for the potential 2.5+ peak excursion models? I would love to be one of the first Guinea
pigs..

Oppo BDP103, Sony 70" LED, Definitive Technology Mythos STS Towers, Definitive Technology Mythos 9's x3, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Furman Elite 15, Harmony Ultimate Hub and Rythmik FV15HP.
post #906 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 304
@Jeremy : Thinking a bout something...

Just an idea, but I'm pretty sure a lot of us would like to have the option to add reaction audio decals or badges on their subs... We want to tout your product, and I think they would look even better... The subs doesn't deserve to be anonymous

Would be a nice addition to the empty accessory list!!! And for your future subs I do think a visual signature on RA owners pictures on the interwebs would make some great martketing.

again , just an idea

Polk Audio LSIM703, Polk Audio LSIM704c, Energy Rc-70 surrounds, Energy rc-mini heights
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212
Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv,Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
post #907 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
It's actually not a full range driver, but a concentric instead - there's a midrange and tweeter in the one drive unit. A lot of very well regarded companies do that because of the point source effect. Names such as JTR, Seaton Sound, KEF, Bag End, Vandersteen, ZU Audio, Gradient, Theil Audio, ELAC and probably a bunch more. AAMOF, one of my other sets of speakers is the Bag End M6.

Oh thanks for the clarification mr Wilson! I was indeed under the wrong assumption that having a single driver doing both highs and lows made it full range. But thinking about it, if the driver isn't able to reproduce the lowest octave, it isn't full range even if covering both ends of the spectrum?

Polk Audio LSIM703, Polk Audio LSIM704c, Energy Rc-70 surrounds, Energy rc-mini heights
Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
post #908 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5/SS View Post
Hmmm. Is there any timeline for the potential 2.5+ peak excursion models? I would love to be one of the first Guinea
pigs..
Best case scenario is about 6 weeks. September is probably more realistic.
We're taking a little bit different approach to this than our other designs and letting our driver OEM take a hands on role in developing the finished unit.

In other words, before we would have a form factor design, performance expectations and a given size to work with, we would have an idea of driver parameters that we needed to achieve to make that design work well. And when we found the driver that met those needs and found it to test well- we had a finished design.

With this, we are basically telling our OEM that we have to keep cabinet size down to a certain limit and we have to keep costs down. Within those parameters he is experimenting to design something within those limitations that will produce the maximum performance. He'll actually have his hands on the finished prototype before I do. It's all been done before but Paul is cooking up something that is slightly different than the usual, compact, under $800 subwoofer.

Quote:
@Jeremy : Thinking a bout something...

Just an idea, but I'm pretty sure a lot of us would like to have the option to add reaction audio decals or badges on their subs... We want to tout your product, and I think they would look even better... The subs doesn't deserve to be anonymous

Would be a nice addition to the empty accessory list!!! And for your future subs I do think a visual signature on RA owners pictures on the interwebs would make some great martketing.

again , just an idea
Customized badges are something I have wanted from the beginning, but as demand quickly exceeded expectations and the priority shifted towards scaling up production, it's something that took a back seat.
As soon as I can find some for a decent price I will have custom badges made. I also hope that within 6-9 months we may also have custom amp face plates. Everything in due time.

Quote:
Oh thanks for the clarification mr Wilson! I was indeed under the wrong assumption that having a single driver doing both highs and lows made it full range. But thinking about it, if the driver isn't able to reproduce the lowest octave, it isn't full range even if covering both ends of the spectrum?
The CX-10 is meant to be used with a subwoofer. Some consider "full range" to be a speaker that can cover 20-20000 hz. Most will consider full-range anything that can cover most of the audible audio spectrum. We can produce a larger speaker that will reach down below 40hz but I am keeping the cabinet production down to four models until the end of the year. Then we can look at expanding.

Priority has been to get a handle on vendor lead times so that it translates into good lead times for us.
Lead times have been mediocre at best for us and I am determined to make that better. Even so, for a small company that hand builds things, we may never be as fast as some of the companies that are much larger. All we can do is try to make our products stand out and make them worth it.

I have to give some thanks to some of the other manufacturers and industry folks. I can't tell you how many times since I started this business in January that I have had people in the industry reach out to me with helpful words.
A big one is Mark Seaton, who has messaged me many times with tips and advice. Just this week, Tom Vodhanel and Murrel Grey lent me hours of their time on the phone and I can't express enough how much it means to hear words of encouragement and advice from guys who have been doing this much longer and and have been successful in the field. I am extremely grateful.

Jeremy

Last edited by edgebsl; 07-18-2014 at 01:04 PM.
post #909 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
I have to give some thanks to some of the other manufacturers and industry folks. I can't tell you how many times since I started this business in January that I have had people in the industry reach out to me with helpful words.
A big one is Mark Seaton, who has messaged me many times with tips and advice. Just this week, Tom Vodhanel and Murrel Grey lent me hours of their time on the phone and I can't express enough how much it means to hear words of encouragement and advice from guys who have been doing this much longer and and have been successful in the field. I am extremely grateful.
This is so cool! Those guys are awesome!!
post #910 of 1509 Old 07-18-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:

I know all three of those guys, and I couldn't agree with you more. Each of them is not only very talented, but they're humble and generous with their time/advice. No rivalries either. Class acts for sure. Mark and Murrel are pretty chatty though, and then you throw in Jeremy - himself quite the conversationalist - and you probably ended up with a lot of dead cell phone batteries...
murrel likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #911 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony9134 View Post
After talking with Jeremy yesterday, briefly of course , my post about him adding products rapidly was no joke, but i will let no cat out of the bag.......
post #912 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

So....Trade-in program in sight !??!? ? No need to hold your cats, mine smelled meat and are already on the hunt Nah seriously, that would be a splendid idea. If it wasn't for the return cost from Canada and the weight of shipping, I would indeed consider a pv15x... Or cx-10s if an introductory rebate was offered to reaction audio subs owner...

And... What's that new 312x? A parametric equalized dual 12 incher with a 12 inches passive radiator?? Or... Could it really be.... 3x 12 inchers?!?

Miam miam...

Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
post #913 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So....Trade-in program in sight !??!? ? No need to hold your cats, mine smelled meat and are already on the hunt Nah seriously, that would be a splendid idea. If it wasn't for the return cost from Canada and the weight of shipping, I would indeed consider a pv15x... Or cx-10s if an introductory rebate was offered to reaction audio subs owner...

And... What's that new 312x? A parametric equalized dual 12 incher with a 12 inches passive radiator?? Or... Could it really be.... 3x 12 inchers?!?

Miam miam...
Wow, look at the surround on that driver! Must be the high excursion unit Jeremy was talking about. Looks like that thing could move some serious air. Nice looking cast basket from what I can see, too.
post #914 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Wow, look at the surround on that driver! Must be the high excursion unit Jeremy was talking about. Looks like that thing could move some serious air. Nice looking cast basket from what I can see, too.
Oh, Maybe you're right Gmash!!! Totally makes sense, forgot about that high excursion previous post !

Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
post #915 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Miam miam...
Sorry I have been a little MIA. We've been juggling filling orders and begun moving the entire company to D'iberville MS to a larger warehouse.

The 312x will have a forward facing driver as pictured in the preview and will will feature two side firing passive radiators that look identical except for the motor structure. The drive unit has a copper shortening ring and is quite comfortable with about 500w RMS. The cabinet will be roughly 18" cube not counting grills and feet. We have finalized most everything except the radiator tuning, which Paul is working on.
It will be fairly low but still high enough to produce a flat response.

Still a few weeks away from production at the minimum. Sorry for being a tease but honestly it helps me gauge interest so that I get the right qty of vendor parts on-board. We have had a lot of interest in this model based on the emails and calls.

The first round of CX-10 cabinets may be ready next week, so after qc testing they should be ready to hit our first customers. It truly is a unique speaker. There's been a lot of "just what is this thing?" questions about it and I do believe that once folks hear it, it will become clear just how unique it really is.

We are also planning a floor standing model (we have had a ton of requests for this) and it will be equally as unique, at least in the affordable ID arena.
My aim is to have that out sometime this fall (October perhaps?) to round out the lineup.

In other news, Ricci says he received the PV-15x in fine condition but has not had the time to unbox it yet. Sounds like he is pretty swamped so we may have to wait a bit longer.

That's about all the updates I have for now guys.
Yes I am still working at 11:00 lol!

Jeremy

post #916 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Thing that comes to mind about the CX-10 speakers is they will need some beefy stands to hold them, as they are quite large and top heavy.
post #917 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thing that comes to mind about the CX-10 speakers is they will need some beefy stands to hold them, as they are quite large and top heavy.
They are a little. But the whole cabinet is 3/4 mdf so it's not as top heavy as you would think.

I use the Dayton 24" metal stands, which work great with them.
I will be adding those to the site.
Aarghon likes this.

Jeremy

post #918 of 1509 Old 07-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sorry I have been a little MIA. We've been juggling filling orders and begun moving the entire company to D'iberville MS to a larger warehouse.

The 312x will have a forward facing driver as pictured in the preview and will will feature two side firing passive radiators that look identical except for the motor structure. The drive unit has a copper shortening ring and is quite comfortable with about 500w RMS. The cabinet will be roughly 18" cube not counting grills and feet. We have finalized most everything except the radiator tuning, which Paul is working on.
It will be fairly low but still high enough to produce a flat response.

Still a few weeks away from production at the minimum. Sorry for being a tease but honestly it helps me gauge interest so that I get the right qty of vendor parts on-board. We have had a lot of interest in this model based on the emails and calls.

The first round of CX-10 cabinets may be ready next week, so after qc testing they should be ready to hit our first customers. It truly is a unique speaker. There's been a lot of "just what is this thing?" questions about it and I do believe that once folks hear it, it will become clear just how unique it really is.

We are also planning a floor standing model (we have had a ton of requests for this) and it will be equally as unique, at least in the affordable ID arena.
My aim is to have that out sometime this fall (October perhaps?) to round out the lineup.

In other news, Ricci says he received the PV-15x in fine condition but has not had the time to unbox it yet. Sounds like he is pretty swamped so we may have to wait a bit longer.

That's about all the updates I have for now guys.
Yes I am still working at 11:00 lol!
Mr.Edge please stop it right away, we looooooove being teased ( speaking for myself , but lol think most of you are as curious as me when it comes to your brand new products!)

Another thing: We are always surprised by your new stuff. Often differentiates themselves a lot from the mass!

And... I think it's a really intelligent way to gauge demand. Not ordering and getting stuck with too much parts, likely gives your business more efficiency , and more efficiency means better prices for us!

Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
post #919 of 1509 Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Mr.Edge please stop it right away, we looooooove being teased ( speaking for myself , but lol think most of you are as curious as me when it comes to your brand new products!)

Another thing: We are always surprised by your new stuff. Often differentiates themselves a lot from the mass!

And... I think it's a really intelligent way to gauge demand. Not ordering and getting stuck with too much parts, likely gives your business more efficiency , and more efficiency means better prices for us!
I never worry about having too many parts!!! lol
Aarghon likes this.

Jeremy

post #920 of 1509 Old 07-27-2014, 10:11 PM

Does anyone actually have the CX-10 speakers in hand yet?

Also to Jeremy, any plans for additions to this lineup? Such as towers, a dedicated center, or smaller surrounds?

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 07-27-2014 at 10:16 PM.
post #921 of 1509 Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Does anyone actually have the CX-10 speakers in hand yet?

Also to Jeremy, any plans for additions to this lineup? Such as towers, a dedicated center, or smaller surrounds?
The first pair should ship in about a week, and there will be a couple of guys getting their LCR and 5.0 setups about a week after that.
I'm hoping to have some better photos taken soon as well. I know at least one of those who ordered LCR's is a member of the forum, so hopefully we'll have some user feedback here.

We do plan to add a tower, but it's going to be a few months down the road.
As far as surrounds, that may be an option. There are some 8" options in this driver series but we have to vet it to make sure it matches well with the larger speakers. The CX-10 will play nice with other surrounds although using them as surrounds is quite impressive especially with the imaging and consistency of sounds that are panned from speaker to speaker.

Speaking of that, and your question about a center:
The CX-10 can be placed on it's side if necessary for center use. At 12.5 inches that is still a tad high but not much more than many other large centers. One of the things that drives me nuts: hearing the tonality change as sounds are panned from speaker to speaker.
I find that when you utilize the same speaker all around or at least the same for the front three, you get more "dropped in" to the sound because the tonality changes are not drawing your attention.

The idea behind this speaker, albeit not a 3-4 foot tower, was to make a high efficiency loudspeaker with very little compromise.
We wanted the dispersion,imaging and detail of something like a Tannoy monitor but have the efficiency, maximum output and dynamics of some of the HT offerings that have compression driver horns and wave-guides. These are usually in much larger packages.
With these design goals in mind, it is very hard to scale down the series more without scaling down the performance.

Some have remarked that the speaker is a little bit large for a bookshelf, but I think once a few of them ship out and they are heard, the CX-10 will be perceived as unbelievably small and affordable for what it can do.
randyc1 and Aarghon like this.

Jeremy

post #922 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Some have remarked that the speaker is a little bit large for a bookshelf, but I think once a few of them ship out and they are heard, the CX-10 will be perceived as unbelievably small and affordable for what it can do.
I'll be sure to let you know...

All kidding aside, I think you should definitely explore an 8" bookshelf version. I love my Bag End M6's, but I wish they had a little more presence. I've recently been eyeing the JTR Single 8's because of that.

Last edited by JimWilson; 07-28-2014 at 08:05 AM.
post #923 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'll be sure to let you know...

All kidding aside, I think you should definitely explore an 8" bookshelf version. I love my Bag End M6's, but I wish they had a little more presence. I've recently been eyeing the JTR Single 8's because of that.
The Radian line includes an 8" coaxial. We chose the 10" because it had nearly the mid-bass output of the 12" version but can be used in a smaller cabinet. We also wanted to make sure that if we were creating a speaker to be used as an LCR that we truly had a deep enough response to utilize a true 80hz crossover without there being a gap in the mid-bass.

I have owned other horn loaded bookshelves that started rolling off above 120hz. Audyssey wanted to automatically set the mains to "small" and the only way to get a good blend was to run them full range, letting the natural rolloff of the woofer happen without being affected by the crossover, and then setting the sub to about 90 hz. This achieved good results but of course was a little tricky.

I think the 8" coaxial could be a great solution for surrounds or for mains for folks willing to sacrifice a little mid-bass performance to get the same output in a smaller size.

I checked out the speakers you mentioned and they look very nice.
I have not heard them, but but based on stated response and the physics involved with similar drivers I would say that the triple 8 would be the closer comparison to the CX-10, although the output would obviously be slightly different due to the dedicated woofers.

In a few months we may be able to have a variety of form factors but right now we are keeping cabinet orders down to a few models. If Jim gets his CNC machine, that may open up some possibilities.

Jeremy

post #924 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I know at least one of those who ordered LCR's is a member of the forum, so hopefully we'll have some user feedback here.
Indeed we will..

Pioneer Elite SC-25/Marantz SR6007
Atlantic Technology 2200 7 channel setup
Reaction Audio PS215X (booya!)
Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #925 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
The Radian line includes an 8" coaxial. We chose the 10" because it had nearly the mid-bass output of the 12" version but can be used in a smaller cabinet. We also wanted to make sure that if we were creating a speaker to be used as an LCR that we truly had a deep enough response to utilize a true 80hz crossover without there being a gap in the mid-bass.

I have owned other horn loaded bookshelves that started rolling off above 120hz. Audyssey wanted to automatically set the mains to "small" and the only way to get a good blend was to run them full range, letting the natural rolloff of the woofer happen without being affected by the crossover, and then setting the sub to about 90 hz. This achieved good results but of course was a little tricky.

I think the 8" coaxial could be a great solution for surrounds or for mains for folks willing to sacrifice a little mid-bass performance to get the same output in a smaller size.

I have not heard them, but but based on stated response and the physics involved with similar drivers I would say that the triple 8 would be the closer comparison to the CX-10, although the output would obviously be slightly different due to the dedicated woofers.

In a few months we may be able to have a variety of form factors but right now we are keeping cabinet orders down to a few models. If Jim gets his CNC machine, that may open up some possibilities.
If the CX-10 is at all comparable to the JTR Triple 8, then you sir have hit a home run!
post #926 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Agreed; if a speaker doesn't have clean output to at least 80Hz then I have no use for it. That is the highest I ever want to set a crossover - 60 is my preference actually - so if the 8" isn't capable of that then it wouldn't work for me.

Quote:
I've heard both the Single and Triple 8's from JTR, and I must admit to having some reservations that the CX-10 can match the Triple. Anything is possible of course, but I know Jeff Permanian and what his creations are able to accomplish. This man likes things loud, and everything he engineers is designed to blow your face off. That Single 8 absolutely floored me with how much clean output it's capable of. I don't listen at volumes anywhere near what he does, or most of his clientele for that matter, so my interest was with the concentric driver and the high efficiency.

If you think the CX-10 might be closer to the Triple 8 then the Single 8 I'm even more interested in hearing it now. Since I know both of those other speakers I will have a frame of reference. Like you Jeff is a metalhead, and knows a ton about pro equipment, so in that regard you two are kindred spirits. This should be interesting...

post #927 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Agreed; if a speaker doesn't have clean output to at least 80Hz then I have no use for it. That is the highest I ever want to set a crossover - 60 is my preference actually - so if the 8" isn't capable of that then it wouldn't work for me.

I've heard both the Single and Triple 8's from JTR, and I must admit to having some reservations that the CX-10 can match the Triple. Anything is possible of course, but I know Jeff Permanian and what his creations are able to accomplish. This man likes things loud, and everything he engineers is designed to blow your face off. That Single 8 absolutely floored me with how much clean output it's capable of. I don't listen at volumes anywhere near what he does, or most of his clientele for that matter, so my interest was with the concentric driver and the high efficiency.

If you think the CX-10 might be closer to the Triple 8 then the Single 8 I'm even more interested in hearing it now. Since I know both of those other speakers I will have a frame of reference. Like you Jeff is a metalhead, and knows a ton about pro equipment, so in that regard you two are kindred spirits. This should be interesting...
Look forward to your impressions Jim. I've never heard either Triple 8 or the single, but I know they are highly regarded. If the CX-10 can compete with either at this price point it's a steal, but if it's up with the triple 8 I'm gonna have to start seriously considering these.
post #928 of 1509 Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

From Reaction audio's website: (about the move to a new warehouse)

"We have also dropped prices on all of our 15" models, and still managed to give out discounts for dual subs!"

The value was already awesome for the price, and yet you've upped the ante... Prepared to get swarmed with orders, mr Edge ahah!

( sell, my speakers, selllll! )

Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
post #929 of 1509 Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You are probably right Jim, I would love to meet him.
That Orbit Shifter has been on my wish list for some time now. Some nice designs for sure!

I wasn't trying to draw a direct comparison, but just saying that if you were to throw a comparison out there, that it was a better comparison than to a single 8" pro audio woofer or coaxial. This 10" is especially able to handle much more output and dig deeper than many other coaxials the same size or actually larger.

That being said, we are also going to be testing on a 15" version too.

Jeremy

post #930 of 1509 Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Can't wait to see/ hear / compare the cx10 with the jtr triple 8s! Major price difference here, and honestly... If the cx10 does 90% of the job of the jtr8, at insane volumes ( because they can attain ear bleeding levels right=) for half the price, I think we have a winner here.

Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR

Last edited by Aarghon; 07-29-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page