Forum Jump: 
 76Likes

post #1021 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1456
No need to explain I understand...I was just answering your question. 4k is pointless right now anyway...and it will be for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well I did want Thisgsx to know that there are hdmi2.0 AVRs out already no need to wait unless he is waiting on a particular brand.

Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!
post #1023 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Well I did want Thisgsx to know that there are hdmi2.0 AVRs out already no need to wait unless he is waiting on a particular brand.

This, I didn't know, I'll have to go back and do some more reading up on the current line of AVR's.
post #1024 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Some of the newer Denons have HDMI 2.0 capabilities for 60hz 4k but I got a pretty good deal on my AVR so it was hard to pass that up for a feature I dont really need yet. UHD is just coming out and I expect the price to drop a good bit in the next year or two much like HD LCD TVs did when they first came on to the market. But what I've seen of 4k TVs they do look amazing.
I think I'd be happy if broadcasters would just broadcast programs in 1080p 120hz.

I would wait until all the new specs are finalized which is probably a year away.

post #1025 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
I would wait until all the new specs are finalized which is probably a year away.

Yea I remember seeing an article and a thread on whether or not to get a 4k tv yet and that was one of the discussion points of the thread. I think that was in the AVS forum news email I got a week or two ago.

post #1026 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgsx View Post
This, I didn't know, I'll have to go back and do some more reading up on the current line of AVR's.
The denon x4100 series on up have hdmi 2.0
post #1027 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 AM

The x3100 has it too but x4100 has way more features including Audessy XT32.

post #1028 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I feel behind the times.
I am still running 720P!!

Benq 770st and Onkyo 805.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #1029 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
I feel behind the times.
I am still running 720P!!

Benq 770st and Onkyo 805.

Benq W7500 is calling your name!!!!

post #1030 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
Benq W7500 is calling your name!!!!
I may just wait for 4k lol.

Jeremy

post #1031 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
The x3100 has it too but x4100 has way more features including Audessy XT32.

But they do not have HDCP 2.2 so if that gets implemented on the BD it won't pass through the AVR. Onkyo has HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 but it operates on at a lower bandwidth and IIRC a lesser color version or something like that. Don't know if either matter that much but at least they (Onkyo) can play the upcoming HDCP 2.2 discs.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #1032 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
But they do not have HDCP 2.2 so if that gets implemented on the BD it won't pass through the AVR. Onkyo has HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 but it operates on at a lower bandwidth and IIRC a lesser color version or something like that. Don't know if either matter that much but at least they (Onkyo) can play the upcoming HDCP 2.2 discs.
So it looks like I may just have to wait for the new line of AVR's afterall... BTW, I didn't mean to throw this thread off topic.
post #1033 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
So it looks like I may just have to wait for the new line of AVR's afterall... BTW, I didn't mean to throw this thread off topic.

My bad I didn't mean to lead you on. I had no idea about HDCP 2.2.

post #1034 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just want to clarify, from what I know HDCP 2.2 "copy protection" would only apply to 4K content. At least this is what I believe I've read.

Who knows though until things get finalized hopefully by the end of next year.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #1035 of 1095 Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Just want to clarify, from what I know HDCP 2.2 "copy protection" would only apply to 4K content. At least this is what I believe I've read.

Who knows though until things get finalized hopefully by the end of next year.

But how will I ever be able to d/l my bit torrents then?

post #1036 of 1095 Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any reports on the CX10? I'm trying to decide between JTR triple 12 LF's or triple 8 HT's/Seas Pendragons and now the CX10. How does one woofer/mid/CD make up for the 3 a JTR has? I'm the FNG on digging deep into HT here. I am replacing a pair of Paradigm Studio 60's and a cc590. I have a Seaton SubM F2 master and slave so my bass is taken car of.

Thanks for any input.
post #1037 of 1095 Old 08-28-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is Reaction Audio not emailing tracking numbers? That would be really helpful to me right now since I'm picking my subs up from across the border.
post #1038 of 1095 Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoto View Post
Is Reaction Audio not emailing tracking numbers? That would be really helpful to me right now since I'm picking my subs up from across the border.
K, I have been getting "Mail Delivery Subsystem Failures" on your email?
All of my email is getting returned that I have sent.

Sending you tracking via PM.

Jeremy

post #1039 of 1095 Old 08-29-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron5 View Post
Any reports on the CX10? I'm trying to decide between JTR triple 12 LF's or triple 8 HT's/Seas Pendragons and now the CX10. How does one woofer/mid/CD make up for the 3 a JTR has? I'm the FNG on digging deep into HT here. I am replacing a pair of Paradigm Studio 60's and a cc590. I have a Seaton SubM F2 master and slave so my bass is taken car of.

Thanks for any input.
The reason a separate woofer was not employed will be evident once heard.
If there is one thing that is without question, it is that this speaker is a mid-bass monster.
We also feel power handling is more than adequate in that region.

Sometimes a separate woofer is used to lessen any modulation effects on the tweeter. I have not experienced this in any of our tests with this particular line of drivers and that is a testament to the design work put in by Radian.

I prefer to have a true point source, single coaxial driver in the spirit of many of the classic monitors from Altec and Tannoy and the minimally colored simplicity of a 2 way design.

You certainly do have the bass covered!
SubM duals has got be fantastic in just about any room.

A forum member started a Reaction Audio Speaker thread in the Speaker section and it may be better to move the CX-10 talk there.
Bizarro_Stormy likes this.

Jeremy

Last edited by edgebsl; 08-29-2014 at 01:18 PM.
post #1040 of 1095 Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I would love to read some opinions from BPS212 owners... I still have yet to see any formal reviews of them even tho I know Jeremy has shipped out a ton of them! I am getting one hopefully this week and am wondering what I can expect out of it for home theater duties as I had initially intended it for music only duties, but may have it trade places with my trial pb12nsd and give it a go in our primary tv room which is 14x16x8.

I had 2 boston acoustics rps1000 subs in the room up until this week and decided to sell them assuming the pb12 would kill them in every way possible based on what I've read. I figured there was a chance I would lose something going from 1000 watts rms to 400 despite the enclosure being larger, but I've been quite shocked by my disappointment. The pb12 is more than I need for movies, def can own the room when asked, but the output is so up and down, seems like its either on or off and dialogue is flat and stuck in the tv. So far I feel the Boston subs were better in every way except for the bottom end extension. I always blamed them for being boomy, but after hearing the PB12 now I'm thinking that it was their position and not the sub itself because the PB sounds like a bloated whale in the same spot. The rps1000s seemed to add depth to everything and added detail to every sound effect where as the PB seems like a sleeping giant that when woken for movies roars like you would expect but seems just a touch too slow to my ears.

So now that I've felt I made a mistake letting my old subs go, I'm really hoping the bps212 will do the trick and bring back the tightness I'm looking for and hold its own for movies since my room is not big and the boston subs filled it no prob.

So any BPS212 owners out there that can talk me off the home theater edge? Also would love to hear if any RA owners of any model have any Outlaw LFM comparisons as well, as the Plus is the other sub on my radar. I already have a PS215x so not looking to match that with a smaller box, just want decent home theater output, excellent musical punch, in a not so huge box.
post #1041 of 1095 Old 08-31-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docethic View Post
I would love to read some opinions from BPS212 owners... I still have yet to see any formal reviews of them even tho I know Jeremy has shipped out a ton of them! I am getting one hopefully this week and am wondering what I can expect out of it for home theater duties as I had initially intended it for music only duties, but may have it trade places with my trial pb12nsd and give it a go in our primary tv room which is 14x16x8.

I had 2 boston acoustics rps1000 subs in the room up until this week and decided to sell them assuming the pb12 would kill them in every way possible based on what I've read. I figured there was a chance I would lose something going from 1000 watts rms to 400 despite the enclosure being larger, but I've been quite shocked by my disappointment. The pb12 is more than I need for movies, def can own the room when asked, but the output is so up and down, seems like its either on or off and dialogue is flat and stuck in the tv. So far I feel the Boston subs were better in every way except for the bottom end extension. I always blamed them for being boomy, but after hearing the PB12 now I'm thinking that it was their position and not the sub itself because the PB sounds like a bloated whale in the same spot. The rps1000s seemed to add depth to everything and added detail to every sound effect where as the PB seems like a sleeping giant that when woken for movies roars like you would expect but seems just a touch too slow to my ears.

So now that I've felt I made a mistake letting my old subs go, I'm really hoping the bps212 will do the trick and bring back the tightness I'm looking for and hold its own for movies since my room is not big and the boston subs filled it no prob.

So any BPS212 owners out there that can talk me off the home theater edge? Also would love to hear if any RA owners of any model have any Outlaw LFM comparisons as well, as the Plus is the other sub on my radar. I already have a PS215x so not looking to match that with a smaller box, just want decent home theater output, excellent musical punch, in a not so huge box.
The "problems" you're having with your SVS seems like a setup issue that and going from two subs to one. Two subs can, depending on the room, make a drastic difference in the sound, such as the fullness you described.

The SVS sub you have is not slow nor bloated in fact it has about the flattest output of any sub available.

I'm sure the bps12 is also a great sub and probably has more output above 30hz or so but given the issues you are describing I don't think it will solve them.

Either add another SVS or get a pair of the reaction subs. Seems your room requires two to get the sound your missing.
post #1042 of 1095 Old 08-31-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Quote:
The "problems" you're having with your SVS seems like a setup issue that and going from two subs to one. Two subs can, depending on the room, make a drastic difference in the sound, such as the fullness you described.

The SVS sub you have is not slow nor bloated in fact it has about the flattest output of any sub available.

I'm sure the bps12 is also a great sub and probably has more output above 30hz or so but given the issues you are describing I don't think it will solve them.

Either add another SVS or get a pair of the reaction subs. Seems your room requires two to get the sound your missing.
To add to what Kini said... a high quality subwoofer is supposed to do exactly what you describe, and that's produce bass only when there's actually bass. If you heard low frequencies all the time with your previous subs then they were either tuned incorrectly or of low quality. Maybe the BPS212's will prove more to your liking, which I hope is the case, but once placed and setup properly you may find that they do something similar to the SVS; produce bass only when there is some.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #1043 of 1095 Old 08-31-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Due to my room layout there is only one corner for the subs to go, so I had the 2 rps subs colocated so its not purely 2 vs 1 issue. However, I rarely used them both, only needed the additional output when listening to music at very high volumes, so my feelings thus far are just one vs one comparison.

Jim, have you ever reviewed the RPS1000 or the VPS? I ask because they tend to get a bad rap here and I am curious if people have listened to them and not liked them, or just dismissed based on specs. I not having heard real home theater subwoofers agreed with the assessment of their shortcomings, so have been eagerly researching the forums for the last year researching their replacement. Having tried out the PB1000 and now the PB nsd, I am not sure there is as big a gap as I thought, so I was curious if you had ever gotten a chance to play with them.

I do have the PS215x, which has not gotten reviewed yet either, so who knows how it measures up in the graph world. but to my ears it is night and day difference to the PB subs. The PB NSD to me is like a sledge hammer, its so clean sounding its almost machine like. The PS215 has depth and impact that just makes you want to turn it up louder and louder. Its more like an instrument to my ears, in that its sound has life to it and a touch of personality. I may be in the minority here in, but that's why I'm really anxious to see reviews of the Reaction Audio subs.
post #1044 of 1095 Old 08-31-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Jim, have you ever reviewed the RPS1000 or the VPS? I ask because they tend to get a bad rap here and I am curious if people have listened to them and not liked them, or just dismissed based on specs. I not having heard real home theater subwoofers agreed with the assessment of their shortcomings, so have been eagerly researching the forums for the last year researching their replacement. Having tried out the PB1000 and now the PB nsd, I am not sure there is as big a gap as I thought, so I was curious if you had ever gotten a chance to play with them.
I haven't reviewed either unfortunately. I've only been at this for a few years, so a lot of the vintage models I haven't heard.

Quote:
I do have the PS215x, which has not gotten reviewed yet either, so who knows how it measures up in the graph world. but to my ears it is night and day difference to the PB subs. The PB NSD to me is like a sledge hammer, its so clean sounding its almost machine like. The PS215 has depth and impact that just makes you want to turn it up louder and louder. Its more like an instrument to my ears, in that its sound has life to it and a touch of personality. I may be in the minority here in, but that's why I'm really anxious to see reviews of the Reaction Audio subs.
Jeremy is a musician, so saying one of his subwoofers sounds "like an instrument" is not as surprising as you might assume. Actually, quite the opposite; if they weren't articulate something would be wrong.

Since you already own an RA sub I suspect you'll happy with another one. Enjoy your new toy!

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #1045 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

We just received some of the first preliminary data from Ricci on the PV-15x driver and cabinet.

The T/S parameters look better than what we got from the OEM, most likely due to a little break in.
We were also a little conservative with our estimate on the tuning of the PV-15x.
Josh clocked it in at about 19hz, which is good.

I will keep everyone updated as we get more info.
It may be a few days.
its phillip likes this.

Jeremy

post #1046 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Sounds good.

post #1047 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
We just received some of the first preliminary data from Ricci on the PV-15x driver and cabinet.

The T/S parameters look better than what we got from the OEM, most likely due to a little break in.
We were also a little conservative with our estimate on the tuning of the PV-15x.
Josh clocked it in at about 19hz, which is good.

I will keep everyone updated as we get more info.
It may be a few days.
Awesome, now where is my sub!?!?
post #1048 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound888 View Post
Awesome, now where is my sub!?!?
We will be boxing it up in a few days my friend!!!

I can't wait to get your impressions.

Jeremy

post #1049 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Look forward to seeing the results on that beast!
post #1050 of 1095 Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
We will be boxing it up in a few days my friend!!!

I can't wait to get your impressions.
Thanks Jeremy, this has been the longest 3 weeks ever!

Are you using double boxes? I can't remember seeing that info anywhere.

Hoping for my new baby to arrive safely.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page