post #1081 of 1105 Old 09-17-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
It would be quite the accomplishment given half the driver surface area and using what I assume will be a much smaller enclosure.

The BPS215 at $799 was a nice differentiation from what PSA offers at that price. The PS-15x is just another XS15se of a different color, so to speak.

You're the expert though so I'll take leave now.
With nearly 3" of peak to peak travel and 1000w RMS it is easily accomplished.

Driver orientation does not necessarily determine the "flavor" or "color" of the product.
The performance does. The BPS-215 is a strong competitor to other single driver sealed 15" subs but this one is even more so.

This sub is also front firing with cloth magnetic grills and also has on-board parametric eq.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1105 Old 09-17-2014, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
They will still be available for a little while. But the PV 15x and the single 15 sealed cabinet we are hoping to get enough of a production run going this fall where we actually get ahead of orders. For the most part, our shop has been a "made to order" model like a few of the other ID companies, but we want to move towards having some things stocked to reduce wait times.

There will be options for those who want to add a second sub, and we certainly won't be moving to anything new in the lineup that takes a step backwards in performance. Only the other way around.
This new sealed sub will overall outperform the BPS 215 and a pair of BPS 212s in a comparatively tiny box and about the same price. If you recommended the BPS 215 with confidence, the new PS-15x will be a no brainer as well.
My BPS215's have yet to arrive and you're already replacing them with something a little smaller while outperforming it? You're killing me Jeremy!
post #1083 of 1105 Old 09-17-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
With nearly 3" of peak to peak travel and 1000w RMS it is easily accomplished.

Driver orientation does not necessarily determine the "flavor" or "color" of the product.
The performance does. The BPS-215 is a strong competitor to other single driver sealed 15" subs but this one is even more so.

This sub is also front firing with cloth magnetic grills and also has on-board parametric eq.
Got it! Thanks

If I were in the market for subs I would have your subs at the top of the list, along with your speakers. Maybe one day.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #1084 of 1105 Old 09-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafrazi1 View Post
I personally own boston acoustic Rs 260s... While I absolutely love their sound they don't even come close to the clarity and presence the CX-10s have. The compression driver is just so smooth and the driver matches it perfect, great mid bass, great sound stage. My Boston's are very very sublime speakers, I can't make them harsh even if turn the treble on the receiver to max, I love it. I believe the CX-10s would do the same, the tweeter was just so clear with no harshness what so ever. The CX-8 would honestly be over kill for a desktop set up IMO. Those two 8 inch drivers in your face HA. That would be something.
That's helpful to know! Thanks. I'm really liking what I'm hearing about the tweeter.. anti-harshness, that's kind of a big deal to me.

HA! But... who doesn't want overkill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I have two pairs of the CX-8's coming and I'll be getting a chance to hear the CX-15T's too. Jeremy is going to send me a pair of the 15's and I'm going to host a small blind GTG and we'll be directly comparing both the CX-8's and CX-15T's to my JTR 228HT's, a pair of the DIY 1099's and another pair of speakers. Should be really fun and I can't wait to hear both of the CX speakers.

The CX-8's will be used as surrounds with my 228's but for fun since its a blind GTG we just thought we'd throw them into the mix
Ahh I can't wait! Please let us know how that goes!

Pioneer Elite SC-25/Marantz SR6007
Atlantic Technology 2200 7 channel setup
Reaction Audio PS215X (booya!)
Panasonic 65" ZT60
Oppo BDP-105
post #1085 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Hey guys, just stopping in because I took a lunch break and saw that I had a boatload of emails and PMs.

Yesterday, today, tomorrow and Sunday we are working in the warehouse until Midnight getting a lot of CX-10s and Subwoofers finished up, tested and boxed up.

I don't like being MIA so I wanted to let everyone know that I was not ignoring them and I will answer everyone on Monday.
For folks looking for order updates, we had a lot of stuff shipped out this week and you probably have tracking #s for the labels and should see tracking updates very soon. Pretty much everything else will be picked up from our new D'iberville MS location on Tuesday except for single 15" subs. Those should be going out on either this coming Friday or next Monday. CX-8s and 15's a week or two afterwards and those will be up on the site next week.

I'll be available to post more next week and apologies for not being online this weekend.
We are just shipping a record number of orders at one time and I need to be there all day and night the next few days to make sure everything goes smooth and qc is up to par. I want to keep everyone updated.

Big thanks to everyone for keeping me busy!
Any new updates on CX-10 shipments? Haven't heard anything in a while, I must not have made the Tuesday cut.
post #1086 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Any new updates on CX-10 shipments? Haven't heard anything in a while, I must not have made the Tuesday cut.
Hi FattyM.

Your CX-10s will be ready to go out this coming week.
You also ordered CX-8s which will not be ready yet.

Would you like the CX-10s to ship out before the CX-8s?
That would give you an LCR setup to tide you over until your surrounds arrive.

Jeremy

post #1087 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgsx View Post
My BPS215's have yet to arrive and you're already replacing them with something a little smaller while outperforming it? You're killing me Jeremy!
Your BPS 215s are assembled and are going to qc.
Should be all set to go out the beginning of next week as well.

Basically the 215 will have a little more mid-bass headroom and the smaller sub will have a little more headroom down low in the 20hz region. But they are both extremely close in performance. We're talking a hair difference either way.

With two BPS-215s I think you will be extremely pleased and will not feel as though you are missing out on anything!

Jeremy

post #1088 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:

Dammit Randy I'm jealous, you'll get to hear some CX speakers before I do!!!....lol
post #1089 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Any updates on my PV15x Jeremy? I sent you an PM yesterday.

I think you mentioned it was shipping this week when we spoke.
post #1090 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound888 View Post
Any updates on my PV15x Jeremy? I sent you an PM yesterday.

I think you mentioned it was shipping this week when we spoke.
Sorry, just now getting caught up on messages.

We had a little rain and humidity this week, which kinda slows down the process on the cabinets.
The PV 15x cabs like any of them really require a few days before I feel comfortable touching them.
We do seven coats of black and then a clear hard coat. Once it hardens it is fairly durable but if I ever try moving them around before it's not dry, I risk creating a problem with the finish which will slow things down even more.

I know it's frustrating while you're waiting, but hand-making things is a little slower process, and while we can give a pretty accurate window (about 3 weeks in this case), there are still things that come up with hand painting and polishing cabinets as opposed to having them covered quickly in a vinyl veneer or truck bed liner.

I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Dammit Randy I'm jealous, you'll get to hear some CX speakers before I do!!!....lol
Not too much sooner! lol
We should be on track for your GTG no problem!

Jeremy

post #1091 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Hi FattyM.

Your CX-10s will be ready to go out this coming week.
You also ordered CX-8s which will not be ready yet.

Would you like the CX-10s to ship out before the CX-8s?
That would give you an LCR setup to tide you over until your surrounds arrive.
For some reason I was under the impression they would be separate shipments. Shipping all at once when the CX-8's are ready works for me, I mostly just need to know when to expect them otherwise I get a bit crazy. What is the ETA on those CX-8's btw?

Also I have found a way to make the CX-10 fit for the center so no need to change my orders, they can ship as-is!

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I should do separate shipments afterall just to mess with you.
post #1092 of 1105 Old 09-19-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For some reason I was under the impression they would be separate shipments. Shipping all at once when the CX-8's are ready works for me, I mostly just need to know when to expect them otherwise I get a bit crazy. What is the ETA on those CX-8's btw?

Also I have found a way to make the CX-10 fit for the center so no need to change my orders, they can ship as-is!

Hmmm, maybe I should do separate shipments afterall just to mess with you.
CX-8 will be shipping Mid-October. Most likely that is the worst case scenario.
We have a lot of folks excited to get the CX-8 but are asking them to please be patient with us.
This new speaker (like the others) will be well worth the wait and we have taken our time to make sure we have gotten things just right.

Let me know if you want the 10's sooner since we are doing final QC on a bunch of them this week coming up. I would be excited to get your feedback either way.

Folks I have to run, because I have to jet to the shop for the rest of the day...but I may be available by phone and have the 800 line routing calls to the cell. So just hit me up by phone if you need anything.
Otherwise I will be back online tonight or tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
jbrown15 likes this.

Jeremy

post #1093 of 1105 Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

So I've heard a rumor that I think Josh Ricci is just about finished testing some of the RA subs, should be really interested to see how they measure
post #1094 of 1105 Old 09-23-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So I've heard a rumor that I think Josh Ricci is just about finished testing some of the RA subs, should be really interested to see how they measure
Looking forward to the results also, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised
post #1095 of 1105 Old 09-23-2014, 05:16 PM

I'll be interested to see how they do as well. I suspect the results will be stellar.
post #1096 of 1105 Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm in the market for a new sub (or 2), kind of had it narrowed down to SVS and PSA, now reading more about Reaction Audio.

Looks like this new PS-15x is very similar to PSA XS15se - price for single and duals is also the same.

So what is (are) the difference(s)?

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; Velodyne DLS-5000R
Yamaha RX-A3040; Emotiva XPA-3
Oppo BDP-103D
post #1097 of 1105 Old 09-24-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2011 View Post
I'm in the market for a new sub (or 2), kind of had it narrowed down to SVS and PSA, now reading more about Reaction Audio.

Looks like this new PS-15x is very similar to PSA XS15se - price for single and duals is also the same.

So what is (are) the difference(s)?
The PS-15X has more power and a peq built in the amp. I predict a 2db advantage to the PS-15X but we need to see some third party measurements. Power does not always translate into more output. The overall sensitivity of the system will determine output.

Reaction appears to offer a solid product at reasonably low pricing. I guess it comes down to researching all the small perks and then decide for yourself. For example; lead time for product availability, warranty, free in home trial, are all things you may or may not consider important.
post #1098 of 1105 Old 09-24-2014, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
The PS-15X has more power and a peq built in the amp. I predict a 2db advantage to the PS-15X but we need to see some third party measurements. Power does not always translate into more output. The overall sensitivity of the system will determine output.

Reaction appears to offer a solid product at reasonably low pricing. I guess it comes down to researching all the small perks and then decide for yourself. For example; lead time for product availability, warranty, free in home trial, are all things you may or may not consider important.

Thanks. I'm in Canada, so free shipping/free in home trial aren't really strong considerations for me when considering these subs that I have to import from the US (which is every one, except for SVS, which just recently started shipping direct in Canada from Canadian warehouse).

The on-board PEQ is something which interests me; not on the PSA's (I don't think) and you need to go to the PC12Plus SVS to get it (not sure about the box offerings), which is obviously much more $$.

Articulate extension is basically what I'm looking for. Mostly movie/tv usage, but more interested in extension than max SPL, and WAF, which is why I'm considering sealed moreso than ported.

Just parted ways with my former Velodyne; not in a huge hurry to get the next - want to make a good choice as I'm hoping this next sub(s) will keep me happy for a number of years.

Interested to see Josh's reporting on the Reaction sub(s).

Boston Acoustics Classic series L/C/R + front presence; Fluance XLBP Bipole surrounds; Velodyne DLS-5000R
Yamaha RX-A3040; Emotiva XPA-3
Oppo BDP-103D
post #1099 of 1105 Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Unless something's changed, the SA1000 has a single band of PEQ, which is great if you want/need to EQ at only one frequency.

IMO, focus on buying the best-performing sub for the money and add a miniDSP if you want/need the ability to tweak your FR curve.
basshead81 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1100 of 1105 Old 09-25-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Overall you are probably right with your predictions although I would say the race gets closer in the mid-bass due to the slightly increased sensitivity of the LAB driver. We went with a bigger box this time (3 cu ft as opposed 2 cu ft per driver of the previous 215x) so we are able to take advantage of our driver's increased throw in the lower octave. But I have never been one to say that these tests are an indicator what sub you should by if you are going off of "this sub is 2db louder in the max burst tests".
Honestly if we end up close to other products in the same price/size range - we're pretty happy no matter what side of "close" we end up on.

If you are running that close to maxing out your sub, you probably need another sub or something much bigger.
CEA data is only part of the equation. Some folks want a down firing sub, some want front firing. grills/no grills, on-board PEQ etc..... So more choices is always a good thing, even if there are a lot of 15" subs out there.

FWIW Josh messaged me and said that he is still quite swamped.
Just getting around to publishing data on some tests that were done awhile back.
He has a full time job, family and is also a musician, all of these things coming first in priority before subwoofer testing.
He is asking for some patience and we are simply happy that he is still doing this kind of work as the amount of folks still doing it have dwindled down. We will eventually have results.
jbrown15, audiofan1 and basshead81 like this.

Jeremy

post #1101 of 1105 Old 09-25-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1471
Thanks for the response Edge!!
post #1102 of 1105 Old 09-26-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Just a quick update here:

Production is a few days behind because we installed a new paint booth.
This will allow us to keep building and assembling cabinets on the same day that paint is being applied to others without interference. It will be isolated from the rest of the company and as you can see from the pics it will have a great ventilation system.

In the past, we had to do painting, new cabinet building on different days, so this should help improve our production in a big way. I know Hound888 is ready to kill me here, but we felt this was necessary to get everything rolling smoother.

Ricci completed one of the four CEA tests yesterday evening and will probably resume the other three next week.
I should have some preliminary data very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140926_115253.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	281009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140926_115301.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	281017  
Hound888 and Gamecock24 like this.

Jeremy

post #1103 of 1105 Old 09-26-2014, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just a quick update here:

Production is a few days behind because we installed a new paint booth.
This will allow us to keep building and assembling cabinets on the same day that paint is being applied to others without interference. It will be isolated from the rest of the company and as you can see from the pics it will have a great ventilation system.

In the past, we had to do painting, new cabinet building on different days, so this should help improve our production in a big way. I know Hound888 is ready to kill me here, but we felt this was necessary to get everything rolling smoother.

Ricci completed one of the four CEA tests yesterday evening and will probably resume the other three next week.
I should have some preliminary data very soon.
Nice paint booth!
post #1104 of 1105 Old Today, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any updates on the testing?

I just sold my old sub and am looking for a replacement. These are at the top of my list.
post #1105 of 1105 Old Today, 08:28 AM

Fedex tracking in hand, looks like I'll be getting it on the 7th!!

We ended up having it shipped directly to my door, saves me from a 4 hour trip so I'm super happy about that.

Thanks to Jeremy for his extraordinary service every step of the way!!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List