Terrible customer service at SVS - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 299 Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11

I wonder if the OP has verified his "girlfriend" used the correct ship to address in the first place.  It is possible, FEDEX delivered to the address given...lol, and the error was on the part of she in whom which ordered the product.  Happens with online ordering more often than not.

Pat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 299 Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Sooooooooo.......What was the outcome?

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #273 of 299 Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
On a side note, FedEx left my new $8,000 Dali speakers on my front porch (they arrived a day early, so I didn't make plans to be home the day before...) with NO SIGNATURE, even though the distributor sent them with a direct signature request. I guess I'm lucky that my neighbors are honest!

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
post #274 of 299 Old 02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwv1080 View Post

On a side note, FedEx left my new $8,000 Dali speakers on my front porch (they arrived a day early, so I didn't make plans to be home the day before...) with NO SIGNATURE, even though the distributor sent them with a direct signature request. I guess I'm lucky that my neighbors are honest!

Good thing the weather was ok.
post #275 of 299 Old 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 60
A few years ago I bought a BIC F12 sub. I managed to get the day off and stayed home waiting for it. After enough time passed I heard some noise outside. By the time I got there the Fed Ex driver was gone, and I was left with half a dozen self help books. I immediately went online and found my sub was delivered an hour and a half before. I immediately made some calls and Fed Ex emailed me a copy of my signature to prove I received my shipment. Funny thing about that signature, it was in print and I had apparently I had forgotten how to spell my first name. smile.gif Several hours later I got confirmation from Fed Ex that they had delivered a bunch of packages on that truck to the wrong addresses, and got me my sub (and took those self help books to their broken owner). It was a minor nightmare, but got resolved.

My bigger issue that day was that the driver clearly signed for me, and yet Fed Ex never took blame for that. As far as SVS customer service, I got my PC12+ last week with fairly catastrophic damage to the driver. The guys at SVS were very apologetic and moved very quickly to get me a replacement.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- KLH 911b, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
TV: Panasonic 50VT25
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
post #276 of 299 Old 02-17-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 187
what's more annyoing is that you would have had to take a day off from work, then another day off when th faulty one gets picked up, and another day off when the final replacement arrives.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #277 of 299 Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputter1 View Post

Good thing the weather was ok.

With our current drought, weather will rarely be a problem...a mixed blessing!rolleyes.gif

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
post #278 of 299 Old 02-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21

Just my 2¢ - take it or leave it for others

Halo ® 3 Beta Tester, Reach ® Beta Tester, COD ® 4 Beta Tester
XboxLive GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #279 of 299 Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 AM

Liked: 48
Running a business I used to run into this sort of problem routinely. Couriers claiming that they delivered and I wasn't home when work at home, being a regular issue. In the end I installed a security camera outside the house so I can watch for couriers so I don't miss them. It also records 24/7 so any false claims that they arrived at a certain time can be proved or dis-proved easily.

Another problem with couriers is that sometimes they get approached by people outside a house or building, ask if that person is the resident or an employee, take their word for it accepting a scrawl on an electronic pad, then hand them the goods. What they should do is knock on the door of course but they are so busy doing over a hundred drops a day that anything that saves them time they welcome. Its so easy for goods to be stolen this way and the courier will claim they delivered to the correct address, technically they did but not to the actual addressee!

We don't know what happened in this case but a few couriers can be a nightmare in my experience, particularly those that contract their services to self employed white van man.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #280 of 299 Old 02-23-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcdesign View Post

Another problem with couriers is that sometimes they get approached by people outside a house or building, ask if that person is the resident or an employee, take their word for it accepting a scrawl on an electronic pad, then hand them the goods. What they should do is knock on the door of course but they are so busy doing over a hundred drops a day that anything that saves them time they welcome. Its so easy for goods to be stolen this way and the courier will claim they delivered to the correct address, technically they did but not to the actual addressee!

I believe many delivery companies require quotas to be met, and so a driver who fails to make enough deliveries will lose his job.  So drivers typically have to be in a hurry, and as the trite old saying goes, haste makes waste.  It all has to do with people wanting the cheapest delivery possible, and with companies wanting to maximize profits, so this is the natural result.  To have a more careful delivery, the cost of delivery will go up, which either eats into profits or increases costs to customers or both.

Many years ago, I worked as a temporary worker for a shipping company in one of their warehouses, loading trucks.  Speed was essential, and anyone who was slow would not be kept on.  And, of course, that means that the likelihood of error would be increased over a more careful pace.  Frankly, it is not a business I would want to be involved in, and am glad I just was a temp worker for a few weeks, as it was unpleasant to be under constant pressure to be fast.  I also would not like owning such a business, as the pressures to keep costs down to enable competitive pricing are very high.

I think many people select the cheapest shipping method they can find.  And as with many other things, cheapest is not the same as best.  I suspect that most people who complain about problems with deliveries would be unwilling to pay extra to have fewer problems, no matter what they might claim online.  There is a reason why delivery companies try to do things as cheaply as possible, and it has to do with what people are willing to pay, not what they claim online.

oneeyeblind and lovinthehd like this.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #281 of 299 Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

I believe many delivery companies require quotas to be met, and so a driver who fails to make enough deliveries will lose his job.  
Many drivers actually are semi-independents who own their routes. They get paid by the piece, not by the hour. That's a big incentive to deliver it on the first try.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #282 of 299 Old 02-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I have one question... Why hasn't SVS responded in this thread? If the OP was seriously off course, I'd expect some feedback from Ed, who frequents these forums often.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #283 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I bought a T-Shirt cable from SVS.

And they didn't include 100 SB Ultra 13's, PB Ultra 13 and PC Ultra 13 free in the package.

DISGUSTING. TERRIBLE SERVICE.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #284 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 03:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvetan1 View Post

I have one question... Why hasn't SVS responded in this thread? If the OP was seriously off course, I'd expect some feedback from Ed, who frequents these forums often.

IT's simply part of doing business. Most of us who read these threads do so for humor (myself included - I don't own any SVS products). I think SVS has better things to do besides get into a 'he said, she said' debate.

In the end, every business has unhappy customers at some point.

But please let the thread go on as some comments are priceless.biggrin.gif
Cvetan1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #285 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

IT's simply part of doing business. Most of us who read these threads do so for humor (myself included - I don't own any SVS products). I think SVS has better things to do besides get into a 'he said, she said' debate.

In the end, every business has unhappy customers at some point.

But please let the thread go on as some comments are priceless.biggrin.gif

NO- please stop posting here; it just keeps the totally unwarranted thread title prominent. I say this as someone who has never been an SVS customer, but having read this thread it's plain to me that SVS's CS was not terrible- it wasn't even slightly poor.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #286 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 05:10 AM

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWinVA View Post

NO- please stop posting here; it just keeps the totally unwarranted thread title prominent. I say this as someone who has never been an SVS customer, but having read this thread it's plain to me that SVS's CS was not terrible- it wasn't even slightly poor.

Which works to SVS's advantage. Somebody that comes across one of the OP's posts on another forum, or those of some other crank, will probably google "svs customer service" and this thread will be placed highly. Since a neutral reading of the thread would cause one to reach the conclusion that SVS was not in the wrong, the searcher comes away with a positive impression.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #287 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Hmmm, I just come out with the impression this was a farce....perhaps even underground marketing. If true though I wouldn't come out with the idea that SVS did the right thing in hiding behind a carrier like Fedex or UPS' screwy delivery practices in some areas.

post #288 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

If true though I wouldn't come out with the idea that SVS did the right thing in hiding behind a carrier like Fedex or UPS' screwy delivery practices in some areas.

Just how is SVS "hiding" behind the shipper's delivery practice?

The OP ordered $3K worth of items, never followed up on shipping, waited for a week after alleged delivery to even check status, "claims" that "someone" signed for them, offered no proof of such claim, yet wanted SVS to pony up replacements. It has scam written all over it. Seems the OP is the one hiding behind something, and it looks and smells like a giant pile of sh!t. rolleyes.gif
oneeyeblind likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #289 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 03:57 PM

Liked: 11
I have an interesting story regarding FedEx incompetence and a Christmas delivery.

FedEx tracking shows my $300 order (a rather largish package) was shipped and signed for at my address. Yet I never actually received any package.

After talking with the original retailer, they nicely resend a second package without any reservations. I decide to stay home awaiting this second package.

Yet again, FedEx tracking shows the order was received at my address... without any signature. I immediately leave my house and start walking the neighborhood looking for the package. I climb my neighbors stoop (four houses away) and through the glass door see my package in the hallway. Long story short, the FedEx driver is likely dyslexic and reversed the address.

I don't even bother ringing the doorbell. I open the door and grab my package. Meanwhile my nervy neighbor bascially signs for and unpremeditatedly steals my Christmas gift -- with my full address and phone number clearly printed on the shipping label. In the very least, my neighbor never bothered contacting me.

So it's extremely possible the OP is telling the truth. Though, in this situation, I do believe both FedEx and then the OP are the most culpable.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #290 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

If true though I wouldn't come out with the idea that SVS did the right thing in hiding behind a carrier like Fedex or UPS' screwy delivery practices in some areas.

Just how is SVS "hiding" behind the shipper's delivery practice?

The OP ordered $3K worth of items, never followed up on shipping, waited for a week after alleged delivery to even check status, "claims" that "someone" signed for them, offered no proof of such claim, yet wanted SVS to pony up replacements. It has scam written all over it. Seems the OP is the one hiding behind something, and it looks and smells like a giant pile of sh!t. rolleyes.gif

Like I said, it seems more a farce than anything at this point but, if we're going to play, then yes, I think SVS (who is the shipper in this case) seemed to be hiding behind an inconclusive POD but then we have very limited information to go on so hard to get worked up about it....and I don't come up with the same summary as you.

post #291 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvetan1 View Post

Why hasn't the OP responded to this thread? Why wasn't he able to make a police report? Why wasn't he able to provide the names of those he talked to at the police station and FedEx store?

SVS tried to get this information from the OP to sort it out but the OP never provided it.

Where has the OP gone?
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #292 of 299 Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post

Where has the OP gone?

I'll assume he disputed the charge with his credit card company and maybe got his money back. Or maybe not, since the CC company is going to be asking the same questions that SVS was. Honestly, who the hell knows? I just find it strange that a guy with a pretty major complaint such as $3200 in non-received subwoofers would post a complaint about it, post several follow ups in response to other posters, then just disappear as if nothing happened.

He apparently disappeared from that Klipsch thread that he posted the same complaint to as well. Over there, he had posted several pics of his HT room in anticipation for getting a new sound system. Then he posted the complaint (and over there, it was his girlfriend paying for the system, not him). Then he was never heard from again.
post #293 of 299 Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 335

That's why I use AMEX, I hate FedEX they tried to deliver me an empty box when there was supposed to be a $700 iPad in it! 

The FedEx women driver hands me the box, and asks me to sign the delivery so she can run off. When I took the box I said please wait, I turn it over, the box had been opened and the ipad was gone. I told her, I refused the delivery, and I need her name so I can file a complain, she was not happy, and said she had nothing to do with it! Right!  I took the license plate number from the FedEx truck as she refused to give me her name and immediately called FedEx, Apple and AMEX.

Apple was cool about it they send me a new one that I picked-up at the store with engraving, AMEX blocked the charge as I didn't receive the original one

My humble Cinema
post #294 of 299 Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Apple was cool about it they send me a new one that I picked-up at the store with engraving, AMEX blocked the charge as I didn't receive the original one

Glad it worked out well for you, but it's likely this guy who theoretically didn't receive these subs would've been in the same situation if he used AMEX. It worked out for you because you refused to sign. No signature means the CC company will block the charge.

In his supposed story, the delivery was signed for, according to him. AMEX would've acted the same as Visa or MC in that situation.
post #295 of 299 Old 03-26-2014, 10:48 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

That's why I use AMEX, I hate FedEX they tried to deliver me an empty box when there was supposed to be a $700 iPad in it! 

The FedEx women driver hands me the box, and asks me to sign the delivery so she can run off. When I took the box I said please wait, I turn it over, the box had been opened and the ipad was gone. I told her, I refused the delivery, and I need her name so I can file a complain, she was not happy, and said she had nothing to do with it! Right!  I took the license plate number from the FedEx truck as she refused to give me her name and immediately called FedEx, Apple and AMEX.

So what did FedEx say?
post #296 of 299 Old 03-26-2014, 11:28 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypte View PostSo what did FedEx say?

They investigated it, what ever!

My humble Cinema
post #297 of 299 Old 03-26-2014, 01:49 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

They investigated it, what ever!

Well, I just thought it was odd that the FedEx delivery gal could get away with not even telling you her name.
post #298 of 299 Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypte View PostWell, I just thought it was odd that the FedEx delivery gal could get away with not even telling you her name.

They got her name as I wrote down the license plate number from the FedEx truck she still delivers in my area ! :mad:  She is a total B....

oneeyeblind likes this.

My humble Cinema
post #299 of 299 Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

They hardly ever ask for ID since they are so busy and have to get their load all delivered. I have a Customer at my Diner who works for Fed Ex and he told me that they fire people all the time due to theft. Especially the kind I described. Id hound Fed Ex and ask them who the driver was and see if they asked him if the person signing came from inside the home or pulled up in a Vehicle. Then threaten them with a law suit.

It is definitely fed Ex's fault if there was a signature. Once a signature is given SVS is no longer responsible.

This is why I have all Fed Ex shipments shipped to their store near by. At least they have cameras if another person pretends to be me. Athanasios

I hate FedEx they have the worst customer service along with cable companies and ATT ! One time the driver tried to give me an empty box when there was supposed to be am iPad in it! I refused the package telling him it had been open, asked her name, took the license plate and immediately called Apple , they were not surprised apologized and sent me a new one!

I also filed a complaint with the FedEx office she still drives around rolleyes.gif
oneeyeblind likes this.

My humble Cinema
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs , Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page